First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think this is one of those things that’s “pretty much confirmed” at this point along with the 2 and 4 door as well as the removable top of some sort.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this is one of those things that’s “pretty much confirmed” at this point along with the 2 and 4 door as well as the removable top of some sort.
Highly probable, in part just due to efficiency of scale. They put the 2.7 in tons of stuff already, and the output numbers beat most of what the competition offers. A 2.7 is more than adequate to make the masses happy, and a 2.3 EB or a n/a 3.3 can be the economy option.

Hopefully the Coyote and the 3.0 diesel are an option for those willing to pay a premium. Options are good.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully the Coyote and the 3.0 diesel are an option for those willing to pay a premium. Options are good.
I’d be happy with the 2.7 EB but if they offer the Coyote I’ll just be envious of everyone with the Coyote

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully the Coyote and the 3.0 diesel are an option for those willing to pay a premium.
The size that Bronco is going to be I don't think we'll ever see the Coyote engine but there maybe enough room for the Raptors 3.5 Ecoboost. Can you say 450HP

Sponsored

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With so many good gas options I can’t understand why anyone would want the diesel.

In the Wrangler, yes, but all their gassers pale in comparison to the ecoboosts.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The size that Bronco is going to be I don't think we'll ever see the Coyote engine . . .
I wouldn't buy the excuse that it won't physically fit for even a second. They can pack bigger V8s in cars and the ridiculous engine compartment of a full size van.

A "mid" size truck would be no problem.

It's not like they need stellar safety ratings either, the competition basically sets the bar as low as possible.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With so many good gas options I can’t understand why anyone would want the diesel.

In the Wrangler, yes, but all their gassers pale in comparison to the ecoboosts.
Well, 7700 3/4 ton quad cab long bed, 4WD, 6300 lb Bronco, 2600 lb Trailer, 1500 lbs in bed
(literally load a pallet with my bobcat/forks, of spare parts into the back of my truck).

So thats 18,100 lbs and 12 MPG highway, with half at least somewhat hilly into eastern PA.
Whats a 3.5 ecoboost get, maybe 5 with that load.

Now picture a new bronco, lifted, winch, flares, roof rack, 36/37 tires, loaded with gear/people,
driving many hours to the trails. Diesel would probably get double mileage whatever eco you had.
Same reason Ford just made the Godzilla.........

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With so many good gas options I can’t understand why anyone would want the diesel.. .
With street tires and no other 'load' they can do well.

Under regular load with big tires, steep inclines etc. a turbo diesel will blow the gas turbos away in efficiency. Less dramatic but similar results will come out of a larger displacement n/a engine too.

That's why those engines are found in commercial vehicles.

Sponsored

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand the benefit of a diesel in a vehicle that is heavily loaded frequently. Exactly why I have one in my Super Duty. I also run the Powerstroke because it is significantly more powerful than the gas offering.

But the Bronco is not likely to be loaded heavy and infrequently at that. The extra fuel mileage of a diesel bronco will mostly be offset by the extra upfront cost, maintenance, DEF...

That and the 2.7 is just way quicker. I can’t understand paying extra for less performance.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You Don’t Need The Big Coyote V-8 Remember The Sweet Lil 289!
Sponsored