Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok, I get there aren’t many of us hence why these colors are out for MY22, but I’m not sensing the outrage that I still feel for missing out on the color (Rapid Red) that I ordered and want. Unfortunately, I’m a late reservation but a “priority code 10” with no VIN. My guess is that time will run out soon and I’ll be pushed to next year. This is fine and I completely understand the issues at hand ford is dealing with.

What is really disappointing to me is the fact that @fordmotorcompany took orders last year, couldn’t deliver on the product and now telling customers to pick a new color. This just isn’t right.

Personally, my Dad had a dark red bronco, loved it. It would have meant a lot sentimentally to get the same in the new gen. I’m sure a lot of you can understand that given the long tradition of this truck. Today, he would have been 83. Just thinking about him a lot and getting fired up that Ill need to get a different color bronco.

Anyway, has anyone heard any potential news or thoughts from @fordmotorcompany to offer these colors for 22MY?

I know I can always paint it but I’m already spending way more than I should on the truck itself.
Sponsored

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, I get there aren’t many of us hence why these colors are out for MY22, but I’m not sensing the outrage that I still feel for missing out on the color (Rapid Red) that I ordered and want. Unfortunately, I’m a late reservation but a “priority code 10” with no VIN. My guess is that time will run out soon and I’ll be pushed to next year. This is fine and I completely understand the issues at hand ford is dealing with.

What is really disappointing to me is the fact that @fordmotorcompany took orders last year, couldn’t deliver on the product and now telling customers to pick a new color. This just isn’t right.

Personally, my Dad had a dark red bronco, loved it. It would have meant a lot sentimentally to get the same in the new gen. I’m sure a lot of you can understand that given the long tradition of this truck. Today, he would have been 83. Just thinking about him a lot and getting fired up that Ill need to get a different color bronco.

Anyway, has anyone heard any potential news or thoughts from @fordmotorcompany to offer these colors for 22MY?

I know I can always paint it but I’m already spending way more than I should on the truck itself.
See the announcement by Ford on the Ranger Splash special limited edition colors that are planned for MY22 to be "dropped in every couple of months". That's not right with the so called explanation that they are limited to the 12 color supply vats

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Rapid Red ordered and I have a VIN so I am hoping that there are no other surprises. It still blows me away that there are so few colour choices that are not grey tones. I like Rapid Red but I would have preferred Ruby Red as it has less yellow in it.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

See the announcement by Ford on the Ranger Splash special limited edition colors that are planned for MY22 to be "dropped in every couple of months". That's not right with the so called explanation that they are limited to the 12 color supply vats
They removed 3 colors counting the FE Lightning Blue and only replaced with 2 colors, so it seems like that is what they may be using that final vat for, A "color of the month" maybe

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't it being replaced with Chili Pepper Red so you will still get the dark red you wanted?

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm disappointed for sure. Switched from a 2dr to a 4dr and one of the main reasons for that switch was to get my color AMB. Looks like I'll be switching back to a 2dr with a different color, not really hopeful that I will get an email tomorrow. Guess I'll be waiting for the MY22 order banks to open up next month.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

The 1977 Bronco was offered with 18 colors (or 20 depending on the source). But word is Ford currently only has 12 paint guns on the assembly line. I mean come on, it's year 2021, add some paint guns. Feel like we've gone backwards in terms of color selection.

Paint selection also seems a way for a car maker to get an extra upcharge. I'd throw a few hundred dollars Fords way, paying extra for a color I liked a lot. Car makers are always looking for ways to upcharge, but seem to drop the ball in terms of paint.

Or they would rather use paint to force customers into paying thousands more for an upscale package.

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/Antimatter Blue Complaint Line 1977BroncoPaintCodes

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 1977 Bronco was offered with 18 colors (or 20 depending on the source). But word is Ford currently only has 12 paint guns on the assembly line. I mean come on, it's year 2021, add some paint guns. Feel like we've gone backwards in terms of color selection.

Paint selection also seems a way for a car maker to get an extra upcharge. I'd throw a few hundred dollars Fords way, paying extra for a color I liked a lot. Car makers are always looking for ways to upcharge, but seem to drop the ball in terms of paint.

Or they would rather use paint to force customers into paying thousands more for an upscale package.

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/Antimatter Blue Complaint Line 1977BroncoPaintCodes
I believe the upcharged colors are the tri-layered metallics.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t order Rapid Red or AMB, but I really feel for you guys.

I think Ford should only have dropped lightning blue (since from the beginning we knew that was limited edition color anyway) and added eruption green.

They should have left everything else exterior color wise the same for ‘22 considering all the delays

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn’t order Rapid Red or AMB, but I really feel for you guys.

I think Ford should only have dropped lightning blue (since from the beginning we knew that was limited edition color anyway) and added eruption green.

They should have left everything else exterior color wise the same for ‘22 considering all the delays
Couldn’t agree more! Plus, now I’m even more pissed that they may have screwed us customers that have waited over a year for our orders, in order to attract even more ranger customers! I’m sorry, do you see people lining up to order a ranger?!?!

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They removed 3 colors counting the FE Lightning Blue and only replaced with 2 colors, so it seems like that is what they may be using that final vat for, A "color of the month" maybe
That yellow on that ranger could be "Yellowstone"? Maybe?? same assembly line right??
Sponsored