Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been very vocal about Ford's absolute asinine decision to kick Rapid Red and AMB. The only idea I can come up with that would appease us who without VINs and never to be scheduled in MY21, is honor our color choice made in January-March!
What Ford should do is all remaining Rapid Red and AMB Broncos are to be done during Job#1, then the new colors will be available once those Rapid Red and AMB orders are fulfilled.
Honestly I think they should just abandon Hot Pepper Metallic (it's a terrible color, that I see so few of on the road it's probably because it's a shitty color) you know what I see a lot of? Rapid Red!
Sponsored

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
quite a few people have complained in this forum but what are you gonna do?

it's not like amb and the rr were drop dead amazing in everyway that you had to have it.

the new green stirs the drink some, and i know you're not going to please everyone, but most of the original and remaining colors are

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/Antimatter Blue Complaint Line b0u6ttscm65wrdl8oisl55yk437zk92uduz02k07s&rid=200w

Kevin1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Explorer, 67 Mustang, Mercury Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have wanted a Bronco since early childhood. I was so excited when Ford decided to bring it back! I have an early reservation and ordered a 2 door Antimatter Blue Black Diamond. For over a year I have dreamed of driving my beautiful blue Bronco. Now I have no VIN, no scheduled build date, and no Antimatter Blue color choice. Losing AMB is so disappointing! I do not care for any of the colors offered for 2022. I can only hope that by some miracle Ford will offer another shade of blue. Blue Jean blue would be fantastic! Failing that, I am not sure what color I will settel for. It seems such a shame to get the Bronco of my dreams that is painted a color that I really do not like!

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been very vocal about Ford's absolute asinine decision to kick Rapid Red and AMB. The only idea I can come up with that would appease us who without VINs and never to be scheduled in MY21, is honor our color choice made in January-March!
What Ford should do is all remaining Rapid Red and AMB Broncos are to be done during Job#1, then the new colors will be available once those Rapid Red and AMB orders are fulfilled.
Honestly I think they should just abandon Hot Pepper Metallic (it's a terrible color, that I see so few of on the road it's probably because it's a shitty color) you know what I see a lot of? Rapid Red!
if it’s such a small number of AMB and Rapid Red orders that it makes sense to discontinue those colors, then prioritize those orders and get them out of the way, then move on with your gray scale production.

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just want a red one. And it has to be a base model. I preferred Race Red except they wouldn't let me select that one on a Base Bronco. And I don't consider the new pepper red (whatever it's called) to be an actual red color.

As long as I can get a real red color, I'll be okay.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, I get there aren’t many of us hence why these colors are out for MY22, but I’m not sensing the outrage that I still feel for missing out on the color (Rapid Red) that I ordered and want. Unfortunately, I’m a late reservation but a “priority code 10” with no VIN. My guess is that time will run out soon and I’ll be pushed to next year. This is fine and I completely understand the issues at hand ford is dealing with.

What is really disappointing to me is the fact that @fordmotorcompany took orders last year, couldn’t deliver on the product and now telling customers to pick a new color. This just isn’t right.

Personally, my Dad had a dark red bronco, loved it. It would have meant a lot sentimentally to get the same in the new gen. I’m sure a lot of you can understand that given the long tradition of this truck. Today, he would have been 83. Just thinking about him a lot and getting fired up that Ill need to get a different color bronco.

Anyway, has anyone heard any potential news or thoughts from @fordmotorcompany to offer these colors for 22MY?

I know I can always paint it but I’m already spending way more than I should on the truck itself.
IMHO any reservation holder should get the 2021 colors. If they place an order before the end of 2021. It can't be a lot of people.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know the logistics behind this, but it can't be that hard to change colors for the robots? Or add more lines? I'd be pissed if they took CO away from me, I'd still buy it and turn around to sell it at profit so the dealer doesn't get to party with it, but I'd not be happy. Most of the offered colors range from bland to boring to me, look like anything else out there. Taking away two of the more interesting and different colors seems an odd move. But who knows at what scale they think, hundreds of gallons?
If you can afford it, get a black one and wrap it what ever color you want, but that's not something I'd ever entertain. Make it in a fun color or keep it.

I agree that they should prioritize those orders in the system with colors that leave, get those done and out the door. People have been looking forward to their truck in THAT color for a long time, don't pull the rug out from under them. Just a stupid move, probably from the accounting department. Dumb and short sighted. Of course they'll sell any Bronco ever made, but still, badly thought out...

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have wanted a Bronco since early childhood. I was so excited when Ford decided to bring it back! I have an early reservation and ordered a 2 door Antimatter Blue Black Diamond. For over a year I have dreamed of driving my beautiful blue Bronco. Now I have no VIN, no scheduled build date, and no Antimatter Blue color choice. Losing AMB is so disappointing! I do not care for any of the colors offered for 2022. I can only hope that by some miracle Ford will offer another shade of blue. Blue Jean blue would be fantastic! Failing that, I am not sure what color I will settel for. It seems such a shame to get the Bronco of my dreams that is painted a color that I really do not like!
Agree 💯. I have(HAD) same model with same AMB colour.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
This was not hard. Communicating with customers is hard, this isn't hard.

Eruption Green replaces Lightning Blue.
If they want to drop a couple colors, they can do that mid year, and cut off new orders for those colors at the end of Q1. This isn't exactly new.

Also, I don't understand why these colors. Yes they were not super popular, but I believe both Race Red and Iconic Silver had a lower take rate than either.

Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got rapid red and mine is in transit to the dealer luckily but I agree. They should at least honor all the remaining reservation holder’s orders that were placed by the MY21 deadline but were pushed to MY22

Rob W.

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a 2nd day reservation and an order in February. I'm still getting screwed out of my AMB build.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Rapid Red/Antimatter Blue Complaint Line 1630598704739

Man...who's the genius in charge of naming colors? First "Eruption" Green 🤮. Now this!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just want a red one. And it has to be a base model. I preferred Race Red except they wouldn't let me select that one on a Base Bronco. And I don't consider the new pepper red (whatever it's called) to be an actual red color.

As long as I can get a real red color, I'll be okay.
Agreed. Jeep Wrangler offers a nice shade of straight up red on the base. Come on Ford!

That said, I saw a 2-door Bronco live in Velocity Blue, and imho it looked real nice. If Bronco works out for me, VB is my choice on a 2-door base. (Actually it's my only choice at this point given the other base colors.)
Sponsored