Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

At the Tupps Brewery in McKinney TX

Race Red BL/MGV

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/MGV BL, and Race Red/leather BL A86C3D75-28D0-41E8-9168-3B627ACB1C49

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/MGV BL, and Race Red/leather BL E4EE1C4B-17EB-4183-991F-AE25AFBFA20D

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/MGV BL, and Race Red/leather BL EAAEB692-8B3C-4EBA-8F61-1E7E795EAB93

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/MGV BL, and Race Red/leather BL 551D4C06-C64A-4470-B2CC-DDB3B254A0AF

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/MGV BL, and Race Red/leather BL 5EDBD96D-4E59-4E88-A117-610E03600026

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/MGV BL, and Race Red/leather BL 402A13BA-B43E-4D58-8C77-3488DDC56C11

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/MGV BL, and Race Red/leather BL 6464EF1C-B540-45CA-AF33-C625FBD70B04

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/MGV BL, and Race Red/leather BL 57CB045C-D6D7-4D43-BA44-3FA1FC6D5B65

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/MGV BL, and Race Red/leather BL 5EAE2A25-0E62-4591-AA09-552D82BB6CA0

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/MGV BL, and Race Red/leather BL 0A15C46B-ED6E-4926-ADA5-65C1CF8B09AB

Ford Bronco Rapid Red/MGV BL, and Race Red/leather BL A424E3BE-81E7-4634-A849-A4BFB5B934A4

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmtndan

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I apologize on the photo quality, the camera on my iPhone is broken and shakes. They only had these two. MGV is AWESOME, and has moved me to go for a Black Diamond instead of a Big Bend. Both had the 2.7l which was very quite. Both had soft top, at 6ā€™0ā€ it had me worry about the hard top in the back seat. Both non SAS, but the 33s looks just fine. Everything else is exactly how I imagined it! Beautiful suv, jeep is in trouble!

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing these! They look awesome and are helping me convince myself the badlands BFGs 33s will be good on the 2 foot.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

MGV is AWESOME, and has moved me to go for a Black Diamond instead of a Big Bend. Both had the 2.7l which was very quite.
I too have been considering going back to a standard Black Diamond from a Squatched BB. The MGV wasnā€™t too hot/back sweat inducing under the Texas sun?

Sponsored
OP
OP
dmtndan

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I too have been considering going back to a standard Black Diamond from a Squatched BB. The MGV wasnā€™t too hot/back sweat inducing under the Texas sun?
Not at all, it actually felt a little cool. (Compared to leather)

OP
OP
dmtndan

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Last photo is the little plastic latch that the fenders attach on with, very light weight.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for the pics. I really wanted to go race red, but this confirms that the BL orange interrior accents just don't work with the red exteriors, especially with the door panel accents in the 2 doors. Sticking with CO.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I compared these two at an event I recently went to. The MGV vs Leather was a tough battle for me. I went back and forth a lot between these two to compare the seats.
- I love the look and feel (to the touch) of the MGV, however didnā€™t like the ā€œpuffinessā€. The back and seat bottoms bolsters werenā€™t as comfortable as leather. Felt too strong and invasive for me. I liked how the leather seats felt more flat and wide. To me, it felt like in the leather I sank in and sat like I do in a chair and in the MGV I was sitting on a tight rounded ridge.
- MGV seat appeared to be much thicker than leather. It was slightly more cushioned than the leather, however it didnā€™t ā€œgiveā€ like the leather. The leather is much more flexible however I can see it tearing on the entry corners easier than the MGV with people jumping in/out of the bronco. MGV felt tighter and firmer, leather felt plusher and looser (even though the seat bottom was thinner), if that makes sense to anyone..
- I tested both with and without a roof in sunny 86 degree weather. More sweat in MGV than leather but the leather did feel hotter than the MGV to the touch (on my back and thighs). The leather breathed more than the MGV but was surprised as I thought MGV wouldā€™ve been very hot, sticky, and uncomfortable which it wasnā€™t. Longevity wise, I think MGV will fade quicker than the leather in the sun, but overall didnā€™t think it was as hot or sweaty as people thought.
- I prefer the power seats rather than the manual. Way more flexibility with the power than the MGV manual, as figured I imagine. Not that big of a deal but for some in may be. I felt like I could position the leather more comfortably than the MGV.
- I wish I could get leather with the rubber flooring. Iā€™ll never hose down the vehicle regardless, but the rubber flooring is awesome and gives you a better feeling about getting the thing dirty and cleaning it. I was expecting a harder rubber but it is not. I could squish my thumb in the rubber flooring. But you canā€™t tell while youā€™re sitting in it so I donā€™t know if it means much.

Just my observations. Many pros and cons to both, but overall was much more impressed with MGV than expecting. If comfort wasnā€™t so important to me Iā€™d go MGV. My previous injuries over the years have made me needing more comfort than ever for long drives.

Last edited:

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dammit I love the Race Red. Wish I could have convinced the wife to love it too. šŸ˜­

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really wanted to go race red, but this confirms that the BL orange interrior accents just don't work with the red exteriors
The blue and orange accents/stitching are such a terrible decision by Ford in so many ways.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess the bigger question is... how do I get a job driving a Bronco around the country to show at events???? I liked the employees at the event, personably, but they didnā€™t know an entirely a lot about the Broncos; which I guess is not expected in their role.. Just saying.... Iā€™ve got a lot of vacation time built up. Iā€™ll gladly take off some time to drive around the country showcasing a Bronco... As long as my hotels are paid for šŸ˜

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the pics. I really wanted to go race red, but this confirms that the BL orange interrior accents just don't work with the red exteriors, especially with the door panel accents in the 2 doors. Sticking with CO.
KC Chiefsā€™ fans love it!
Sponsored