First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife and I had our first in-person experience with the Bronco at the Brandon Ford event in Tampa, FL. A Velocity Blue, Big Bend manual and a Rapid Red Outer Banks with Luxe package were on display. Both vehicles were preproduction, but the fit and finish of the exterior and interior was far better than anticipated. Photos fail to capture the vibrance and depth of the paint colors. You could not go wrong with either.

The leather seats in the OBX were impressively comfortable and a definite upgrade over the leathers used in past Ford SUVs in a similar segment. The OBX was clad in the Space Gray leather, which initially did not look all that great in photos. It’s actually quite nice in person and neutral enough to work with most exterior colors. I am 6’2”, 215lbs and had plenty of room in the driver’s seat. The passenger seat was also quite roomy. I have driven a Ford Edge and Explorer and the space in the passenger seat was very comparable to both. The Bronco offers a vastly more comfortable driver’s seat than what’s found in the Wrangler. Jeeps are uncomfortable narrow and give the feeling that you are right on top of the. The back seat was a bit cramped, but I won’t be spending in time back compared there. Compared to the Ford Edge, perhaps the Bronco sacrifices a bit of back seat room for increased cargo space?

There is lot of plastic in the bronco, but it’s not the thin, cheap material found in base model. The plastics appear thicker, durable, and have an appealing texture. I was concerned about the amount of plastic used, but its really a none-issue having seen the vehicles in person. The 12” screen is an absolute monster. Outside of the Tesla or high-end Rams, it’s the largest screen I’ve seen in a vehicle. The 8” was also great, but its big brother was next level impressive.

I was also surprised with how nice the Big Bend was. The cloth interior was much thicker and durable than one can really establish from pictures. The cloth is very similar to what is found in the Wranglers or the new Rangers, but perhaps slightly less textured. I would prefer the cloth to be a solid color, but the two-tone was not off-putting. For someone who does not need or who has zero interest in the high-end off-road capabilities of the more expensive trim packages, the Big Bend is a fantastic way to have the open air, Bronco experience without spending a ridiculous amount of money. It is also far superior in comfort and build quality than the Sport trim Wranglers.

Of final note, the storage bags for the doors appear to be incredibly well-made and durable. I have not seen this mentioned much, but Ford’s decision to move the rollbar cross member behind the back seat is a gamechanger. Even with the top on, the cabin is so much more open with the cross member pushed back. The top-off experience is going to be amazing.

D87EF692-B8C8-43E6-893A-0FE2400B3EA3.jpeg

F7864487-1AC2-473E-B5AF-A9108E83173A.jpeg

0280E64C-B16D-4E60-BFDB-A49EB3AB99FF.jpeg

88623B83-D337-4CF2-9F5D-D7DDB887E18B.jpeg

78D89509-BC71-47B7-A49D-E72C2D2A2296.jpeg

3181006A-08BA-4060-9120-FFE69FDA7229.jpeg

2447DDC5-D87D-4FDB-9637-5F549A28C0F2.jpeg

4025A298-D520-4B76-A60A-CB16C23007DE.jpeg

1A81D38D-2482-40A7-A68D-0F2D5FDAE48F.jpeg

B8D87833-420A-40AF-B70C-D544750AA362.jpeg

01B3995F-F626-49F5-A1EC-35561ECCB895.jpeg

C7994887-97F6-4CF6-B6B4-3AA3CA57C468.jpeg

8D38700D-53B1-4198-9836-CCCB3542D699.jpeg

058F930E-33A5-40A4-BACC-40DAB637A311.jpeg

B540DA5B-4C8C-48B0-8AA3-170C7C8D9294.jpeg
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting that you referred to the OBX leather as Space Gray. Was that your naming convention or did a representative use that reference? The Stig referred to it as Luna Pier.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There is lot of plastic in the bronco, but it’s not the thin, cheap material found in base model. The plastics appear thicker, durable, and have an appealing texture. I was concerned about the amount of plastic used, but its really a none-issue having seen the vehicles in person. The 12” screen is an absolute monster. Outside of the Tesla or high-end Rams, it’s the largest screen I’ve seen in a vehicle. The 8” was also great, but its big brother was next level impressive
Ford Bronco Rapid Red OBX Brandon Ford - Tampa, FL uu8

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting that you referred to the OBX leather as Space Gray. Was that your naming convention or did a representative use that reference? The Stig referred to it as Luna Pier.
B&P refers to it as “dark space gray with navy pier.”

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is lot of plastic in the bronco, but it’s not the thin, cheap material found in base model. The plastics appear thicker, durable, and have an appealing texture. I was concerned about the amount of plastic used, but its really a none-issue having seen the vehicles in person. The 12” screen is an absolute monster. Outside of the Tesla or high-end Rams, it’s the largest screen I’ve seen in a vehicle. The 8” was also great, but its big brother was next level impressive.
Just to add my 2 cents, I mostly agreed with this after seeing it in person. The rear cargo panels were a bit thin and a bit more pliable than I would have like to have seen. I also managed to push though the filler panel in the Big Bend where in the wireless charging pad would normally go. That may have been more of a pre production issue though.

OP
OP
PhilS

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the Space Gray is the name for the blue/gray MGV and Navy Pier is the color used for the leather. There seems to be only a subtle difference between the MGV and leather coloring.

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was there at the 10am time-slot. It was great to see them in person. Here are a couple of the pics I grabbed as well. I wish they had a 2dr and a MIC top. I really wanted to see the top in person.

BlueBrandon1.jpg

BlueBrandon2.jpg

Bluebrandon3.jpg

BlueBrandon4.jpg

BlueBrandon5.jpg

BlueBrandon6.jpg

BlueBrandon7.jpg

BlueBrandon8.jpg

BlueBrandon9.jpg

BlueBrandon10.jpg

BlueBrandon11.jpg

BrandonRed.jpg

BrandonRed2.jpg

BrandonRed4.jpg

OP
OP
PhilS

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was there at the 10am time-slot. It was great to see them in person. Here are a couple of the pics I grabbed as well. I wish they had a 2dr and a MIC top. I really wanted to see the top in person.

Ford Bronco Rapid Red OBX Brandon Ford - Tampa, FL BrandonRed4

Do you have a Bronco reservation with Brandon Ford? If so, I'm curious what your experience has been like. I have not been impressed with "The largest volume Ford dealership on the planet" so far.

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you have a Bronco reservation with Brandon Ford? If so, I'm curious what your experience has been like. I have not been impressed with "The largest volume Ford dealership on the planet" so far.
I don't, Mine is with Mullinax in Kissimmee. Mullinax was simple to deal with and are offering xPLAN pricing with a Pin.

Sponsored

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just to add my 2 cents, I mostly agreed with this after seeing it in person. The rear cargo panels were a bit thin and a bit more pliable than I would have like to have seen. I also managed to push though the filler panel in the Big Bend where in the wireless charging pad would normally go. That may have been more of a pre production issue though.
Thanks for the reviews.. I got to check out a FE and a Badlands on Saturday and couldn't tell much of a difference on the plastics between the pair, except for the center console (one was a manual).

Was there a Base model there to compare it to? I'm surprised they're using different interior plastics on the base.. possibly with the exception of the inductive charger portion and the shrouds around the 12" vs. 8" screen? Could you elaborate on which plastics are thinner in the base? Was there one there to compare it to? thx!

OP
OP
PhilS

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the reviews.. I got to check out a FE and a Badlands on Saturday and couldn't tell much of a difference on the plastics between the pair, except for the center console (one was a manual).

Was there a Base model there to compare it to? I'm surprised they're using different interior plastics on the base.. possibly with the exception of the inductive charger portion and the shrouds around the 12" vs. 8" screen? Could you elaborate on which plastics are thinner in the base? Was there one there to compare it to? thx!
I misspoke. They did not have a base model Bronco present at the event. I meant to say the cheaper plastics you tend to find in the base models of vehicles across manufacturers is not evident in the Bronco. I would agree, with the exception of the seats, the interior materials between the OBX and Big Bend were identical. The Base model Bronco should also have the same materials.

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was there as well at the 11AM time slot. Currently have a Badlands on order with them. I would post my photos but to be honest it has all been covered for these two broncos. I was impressed. I currently have an escape but it is in for repair and they gave me a ranger. The ranger is nice but I found the Bronco to have more room in the rear and somehow it seems the bronco is wider inside. I love the big screen which I will be getting. I know above you said the space gray is for the MGV interior but OBX only has cloth and leather so that was the navy pier interior. The blue is more subtle that what I see in pictures but I am glad I am going with the badlands MGV interior.

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Were the mud flaps an option on the B&P that I missed? I kind of like them.

Might be an early mod after we get our OBX.

OP
OP
PhilS

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was there as well at the 11AM time slot. Currently have a Badlands on order with them. I would post my photos but to be honest it has all been covered for these two broncos. I was impressed. I currently have an escape but it is in for repair and they gave me a ranger. The ranger is nice but I found the Bronco to have more room in the rear and somehow it seems the bronco is wider inside. I love the big screen which I will be getting. I know above you said the space gray is for the MGV interior but OBX only has cloth and leather so that was the navy pier interior. The blue is more subtle that what I see in pictures but I am glad I am going with the badlands MGV interior.
Yea, the blue was way more subtle than in pictures. I also have an order for a Badlands with Brandon Ford. I'm super excited about the MGV and was hoping they would have had an example yesterday. How has your experience been with the sales team there?
Sponsored