wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would hate to have to paint my fenders black after spending 50k. I agree, can we get uniform black!!, not blackish gray, just black.
Sponsored

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I want Wildtrak, but due to so many different black and gray parts, might have to go with Outer Banks and upgrade it.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anyone reserved the "50 shades" personalized plate for these things?

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Calm down everyone. It's the 1st day of october. They aren't production vehicles....they are test vehicles.
Production doesn't start for another 6 months!
Do you think they now have 1 million black fenders and bumpers ready to be installed? No, they order in smaller batches for testing assembly procedures and final product.
It's easy to tweak the colors between now and then.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rapid Red Wildtrak Preproduction Bronco with black painted Badlands Grille (as confirmed here yesterday).

Rapid Red Wildtrak Bronco Black Grille Factory.jpg
I'm sorry but that "WildTrac" looks gross with that gloss black grille, especially when you account for the fact that every single piece of plastic is a different color of gray or black. Firstly, gloss black doesn't mean luxury, it means it gets easily scratched. Secondly, "Ford, pick a shade of gray or black and stick with it across the entirety of the vehicle. Your color and materials team needs fired like yesterday."

Sponsored

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry but that "WildTrac" looks gross with that gloss black grille, especially when you account for the fact that every single piece of plastic is a different color of gray or black. Firstly, gloss black doesn't mean luxury, it means it gets easily scratched. Secondly, "Ford, pick a shade of gray or black and stick with it across the entirety of the vehicle. Your color and materials team needs fired like yesterday."
Yeah, I'm really not feeling the Wildtrak anymore if it's going to be coming off the line looking more FrankenBronco than an actual FrankenBronco. Those colors are a total mess, and that Glossy grille is...*shudders*

Hopefully this is just because it's a pre-production vehicle and will look better on full production models, but, as it stands? This image is leading me towards a different Trim level.

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do absolutely none of the plastic materials on the this vehicle match? The plastic on the bumper is several shades different then the fender flares, which are also a different color relative to the unpainted plastic part that connects the side-mirror to the hood cowling. The plastic piece between grill and front bumper also seems to be a shade different than the other plastics. I wonder if this is a preproduction issue? I'm also curious as to how well the after market parts will match if Ford's own factory materials are so wildly inconsistent. New slogan - Built Wildly Inconsistent.

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OP picture reminds me of my '77 Bronco, Red with white top (but white grill and fender flares). I still kick myself today for selling it.

anfo

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 toyota tundra limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the first production vehicles for sale look like the above,, there is no way in hell I will spend 50k to buy that. Completely get rid of all the MIC grey and go with black like the first image. Make all the plastic the same color. It cannot be that hard. Like,, how bad would that look to nail almost everything on the bronco and then fuck up something as easy as color matching. Hopefully this is just preproduction stuff and it will all be sorted.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wildtrak comes standard with gloss black top. All models below the Wildtrack get Gray top, but can be up graded to gloss black.
Oh yeah, I’m aware. I was mostly talking about fender flares, next to the bumper and grill with 3 different colors and textures. Also looking at the mirror caps next to the textured plastic mirror mount. I think the painted top will look great because I envision the transition from top to body to be painted surface to painted surface.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All models have active grille shutters.
Active grille shutters are conspicuously absent from the Badlands Edition equipment list on the Ford website. Doesn't mean it won't appear when you pick yours up.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man... I thought cactus was my final choice until I got teased with how great rapid red looks on that wildtrak and now I’m seriously considering it
Rapid red is a beautiful color. shocked more people aren’t choosing it