Sponsored

Raptor/Bronco Dilemma: Convert existing Order to Raptor, use additional reservation for original Bronco order?

BroncoRapture

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Let me preface by saying this is not a complaint or whining of any kind, I'm extremely grateful/thankful to be in this position...(took a lot of work/years to get here), I just wanted to get a few thoughts/ideas/advice from other Bronco folks out there.

I made two reservations back in July/August 2020.

I placed an order against one of the reservations and received the email from Ford indicating it was going to be built, and now has been "in production" for months now and delivery date keeps getting pushed (micro chip hold/Ice Mountain).
All that being said, I have been given the option (Golden Ticket email from Ford, and in person discussion with dealer) to convert that same order to a Raptor which cancels the original Bronco order. (I also confirmed MSRP for Raptor from dealership)

I also have an additional reservation that I can place another Bronco order with if I want (as I'm seeing some recently announced upgrades that make sense and I'd be willing to pay a bit more for).

I'm just wondering if there's anyone else out there who might have some insights, advice, or experience with this.

Thanks all.
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

want something this year? keep prod order.

want to spend more and get something unique? go braptor.

you still have your other order to convert as a backup.

really comes down to how much you want to spend and when do you want it.

OP
OP

BroncoRapture

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Good advice and solid logic. While I'd love to have the Bronco I originally ordered, and have it this year, I've already been waiting a couple years so I've sort of compartmentalized my expectations to live with whatever happens. Owning a bRaptor would be a unique thing for sure and I definitely appreciate the opportunity.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So let me clarify, you have a VIN and are supposedly in production but also received a BRaptor "are you interested email" and have subsequently been picked after you raised your hand, all on the same reservation number? Correct?

This is the seconds instance I have heard off this happening, the first one the guy has had his Bronco for a couple months now but still got the email and was also picked. Seems that there are some issues with the methodology behind the hand raisers program. Allegedly, only 3000 hand raisers were chosen but I get the feeling some Rockstar glitches occured and there are many, many more.

I don't think your original order can be cancelled if you already have a VIN and are in production. That Bronco will be built and shipped to your dealer. I wouldn't make any decisions until the BRaptor order banks open up to see if you are actually able to place another order using that same res number.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I need some clarification...

You had two reservations correct? You used one to order a bronco? Which now has VIN etc.

So the second reservation is just still a reservation, NOT a golden ticket?

The original reservation/order you can use to get raptor?

Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

want something this year? keep prod order.

want to spend more and get something unique? go braptor.

you still have your other order to convert as a backup.

really comes down to how much you want to spend and when do you want it.
Ok. So your guesstimate on when bRaptors start to arrive at customers houses?
I’m thinking August.. or at least I was 😂

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bet august they start but no confidence, really. Wouldn't be surprised if they start closer to eoy and go through next year

OP
OP

BroncoRapture

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I need some clarification...

You had two reservations correct? You used one to order a bronco? Which now has VIN etc.

So the second reservation is just still a reservation, NOT a golden ticket?

The original reservation/order you can use to get raptor?
Correct

OP
OP

BroncoRapture

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So let me clarify, you have a VIN and are supposedly in production but also received a BRaptor "are you interested email" and have subsequently been picked after you raised your hand, all on the same reservation number? Correct?

This is the seconds instance I have heard off this happening, the first one the guy has had his Bronco for a couple months now but still got the email and was also picked. Seems that there are some issues with the methodology behind the hand raisers program. Allegedly, only 3000 hand raisers were chosen but I get the feeling some Rockstar glitches occured and there are many, many more.

I don't think your original order can be cancelled if you already have a VIN and are in production. That Bronco will be built and shipped to your dealer. I wouldn't make any decisions until the BRaptor order banks open up to see if you are actually able to place another order using that same res number.
Thanks, I'll go back and talk to the dealer. I had assumed the same thing about already having a VIN and that locking me in to my original order.

OP
OP

BroncoRapture

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, I received my go ahead Raptor Order email from Ford today and it looks like I actually am able to change my existing build order over to a Raptor... however, Ford has stated I can't have both my existing order and the Raptor and need to decide:
Do I continue to wait on delivery and keep the original Bronco order that is now months late (waiting on chips at Ice Mountain) and has no EDD at this time (maybe May?)...Or do I change it to a Raptor and continue to wait (supposedly until mid summer per Ford...if that is to be believed).
The Raptor is growing on me, as I initially liked the look of the original Bronco better, but I'm starting to think maybe the raptor is the way to go (Dealer confirmed MSRP, which is about $17k more than my original order). Just trying to make the best all around decision that gives me the best outcome and options.

Last edited:

Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems to me like changing the existing/already built/Ice Mountain Bronco to a Bronco Raptor would be a win/win. You won't get something sitting outside in Michigan winter for months. And You still have the other unbuilt Bronco reservation in your back pocket.

and you should NOT pass up on MSRP for Braptor, but get it in writing!

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So, I received my go ahead Raptor Order email from Ford today and it looks like I actually am able to change my existing build order over to a Raptor... however, Ford has stated I can't have both my existing order and the Raptor and need to decide:
Do I continue to wait on delivery and keep the original Bronco order that is now months late (waiting on chips at Ice Mountain) and has no EDD at this time (maybe May?)...Or do I change it to a Raptor and continue to wait (supposedly until mid summer per Ford...if that is to be believed).
The Raptor is growing on me, as I initially liked the look of the original Bronco better, but I'm starting to think maybe the raptor is the way to go (Dealer confirmed MSRP, which is about $17k more than my original order). Just trying to make the best all around decision that gives me the best outcome and options.
if you have the means, get the braptor. saw you live in CA as well, we have the best trails for raptors to enjoy. always a good time taking my 2014 raptor out on a trail here

OP
OP

BroncoRapture

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just wanted to thank all the folks who gave some feedback and perspective here.
Good to know there are a lot of logical, critical thinkers out there still :).
I met with my Ford dealer and switched my existing Wildtrak to a B-Raptor order, and placed another order for the upgraded Wildtrak Hoss. Hoping all goes well. Regardless I realize I may (or may not!) have added additional wait time, but hell, I honestly don't have a problem with that considering I've already waited for a few years like so many others. Just thankful for the opportunity.
I'll update this thread with any further developments.

Thanks again!
Sponsored