one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone think it’d be possible to implement the Raptor daytime running light amber colors via ForScan? I assume they didn’t give the Raptor different headlights and just programmed them differently.
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually don't think the amber LEDs are in the signature headlights' ring. But, I am hoping the amber bar can be turned on with parking lights in Forscan.

A poster on here ordered ebay signature headlights for their base headlight bronco. The ones they recieved had warthog on a sticker. So ford had different headlights during testing, if that means anything.

Last I saw they had not tried them. If I find the post, I'll link it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually don't think the amber LEDs are in the signature headlights' ring. But, I am hoping the amber bar can be turned on with parking lights in Forscan.

A poster on here ordered ebay signature headlights for their base headlight bronco. The ones they recieved had warthog on a sticker. So ford had different headlights during testing, if that means anything.

Here is the post from @UpstateNYFordGuy

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was able to set my f150 up like this through forscan with the daytime running lights being the amber ones. Can’t see why you couldn't with the Bronco if the lights also act as turn signals.

OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I saw that thread before and thought it was odd. Figured it was more likely due to differences in mounting than differences in the lights.

Seems unlikely that Ford would run dual LED strips to handle the differences in colors when they can just use addressable LEDs.

We already know that the line headlamp in the standard Bronco can be orange due to the turn signal. I can only assume that the circle headlamp in the Raptor can be white because I assume they don’t run orange at night. So I figured this has to be a difference in programming.

Sponsored

Alfie623

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was able to set my f150 up like this through forscan with the daytime running lights being the amber ones. Can’t see why you couldn't with the Bronco if the lights also act as turn signals.
Can you share how you did that?

Abecker

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used the code that everyone else used. But mine stay steady amber. No switching with turn signal. I’d love to know why some work and others don’t.

bronK1TT

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium w/ Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure about programming, but I did see that all Oracle needs to do in order to get RGB LEDs is replace the stock DRL boards with their own. Maybe that means there is a way to program them differently?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure about programming, but I did see that all Oracle needs to do in order to get RGB LEDs is replace the stock DRL boards with their own. Maybe that means there is a way to program them differently?

You forgot to mention you need to put your headlight in the oven

bronK1TT

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium w/ Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You forgot to mention you need to put your headlight in the oven
To replace the board, yes. But the OEM board itself might be able to handle it with a bit change, we'll have to look and see.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To replace the board, yes. But the OEM board itself might be able to handle it with a bit change, we'll have to look and see.
Lemme know

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw that thread before and thought it was odd. Figured it was more likely due to differences in mounting than differences in the lights.

Seems unlikely that Ford would run dual LED strips to handle the differences in colors when they can just use addressable LEDs.

We already know that the line headlamp in the standard Bronco can be orange due to the turn signal. I can only assume that the circle headlamp in the Raptor can be white because I assume they don’t run orange at night. So I figured this has to be a difference in programming.
Why would you assume that? The F150 Raptor has the orange DRL with headlights off and keeps the Orange “DRL” with the headlights on as well.
Sponsored