Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I picked up my Raptor on Friday. Drove it home, went out and got dinner. Yesterday I drove it to work and back. This morning I set my phone on the wireless charger before starting it to go to work (forgot to charge my phone the night before), started it up, and a message came up saying service charging system soon. Kept the phone on the charger, drove down the street to get a coffee, turned it off, back on again, and the message appeared again.

Drove the 10 miles to work. Parked, took the phone off the wireless charger, turned the engine off, back on again, no error. Went inside, kinda smelled a burning smell from the side vent. Went back out 30 minutes later, started the engine with the phone on and off the wireless charger, the error is no longer coming up. I opened the hood with the engine running, didn't see any obvious wires burned or anything. I figured the smell is just due to the newness. Engine currently has 130 miles.

Will update tonight when I head home from work if the error message comes up again.
Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lol 😂, “service charging system” has nothing to do with the wireless charger. It’s for the “charging” system for the actual vehicle. ie, the battery and alternator and all that jazz.

Do a search, it’s been a issue that’s popped up a few times with the Bronco. I think for one user it was just a wiring harness was bad, but not sure if that was in every case.

OP
OP
T Copp

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I realize this. I was just trying to put two and two together. Thanks.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I realize this. I was just trying to put two and two together. Thanks.
Was yours Jurassic Park’d for a while? Maybe just need a good battery charging.

OP
OP
T Copp

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'd throw the battery on a charger over night to get it up to a full charge. If its been sitting you may be getting that error message due to low voltage from the battery when it starts if its not a full charge.
Sponsored