Raptor Tailgate Reinforcement part?

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am not a fan of logo's on aftermarket parts. I understand why they are there, just don't like it. I like the look of the Raptor's better than any aftermarket price.

I have tried to look but cannnot find it for sale. Has anyone seen it or found the price from Ford parts? Am I alone in this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
fallguy

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure I've seen someone install the Raptor tailgate hinges, though, if you're interested in that.
I installed the Raptor hinges and the Hammer Built plate (which will now work with OEM of Raptor hinges). The Raptor reinforcement will work with Raptor hinges, but you would need to notch your factory OEM tire carrier to fit the Raptor reinforcement underneath it (it would need to be notched on only one side). I believe the Raptor reinforcement lists for about 600 or so. Although I'm sure the Raptor reinforcement adds some rigidity to the tailgate, it doesn't have provisions for mounting other things like a Jerry carrier or other accessory mounts. I went back and forth on which system to go with and so far I've tried the RC, the BAMF, the RTR, and the Hammer Built. Here is what the Hammer Built looks like with Raptor Hinges.
20221207_210611.jpg

OP
OP
fallguy

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks good, thanks.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good, thanks.
This is the accessory arm...you can mount a fuel can carrier, antenna, Max Trax, shovel, etc. If you decide to go with Raptor hinges I have part numbers and a good source that is like almost 40% less than from local dealers.
20221204_144752.jpg

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this was non-raptor bronco at the LA Auto show

E637336D-1F13-4693-A308-2B7944ED77AD.jpeg
Raptor hinges and the Raptor reinforcement....you can get the hinges for under 400 and that plate for just over 400 (both are now listed in the parts catalog). Also, Tyson at Hammer Built just finished the tweaks on the Raptor hinges Hammer Built plate, which will cost less than the Raptor reinforcement and fit either OEM hinges or the Raptor hinges (and it has functional mounting points for accessories). Lots of options out there now!

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are the part #'s for the Raptor hinges and reinforcement?

Sponsored
OP
OP
fallguy

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like the look of the Raptors better. Not trying to copy the Raptor, it just looks better. And looks stock. I hate logos on parts.

But just installed the RC version, $100.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the look of the Raptors better. Not trying to copy the Raptor, it just looks better. And looks stock. I hate logos on parts.

But just installed the RC version, $100.
I too am not a big fan of logos on parts...and I had the RC plate, but the RC logo was cut right into the place that I would have needed to be able to drill a hole to mount a Jerry can carrier. The interesting part is that many manufacturers are making all kinds of cool plates that bolt onto the OEM hinges, and most of them rely on spacers with a lot of wiggle room for movement...and if trying to eliminate any vibrations that may later impact the structural integrity of the tailgate no movement is much more desirable. The Raptor hinges are not only far stronger than OEM, but they also have a flat mounting surface that's tapped so that you don't have to share mounting holes between the plate and the hinges. You both the hinges in place of your OEM ones, then you mount a plate to those threaded separate holes. They're also some manufacturers who are making hinges out of aluminum, But even the RTR hinge that has super burly appearing hinges have limitations because they use a threaded bolt that has movement even from brand new...which you have to take up by adjusting the tailgate fairly high on the left side to compensate for the droop lost in that movement.

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too am not a big fan of logos on parts...and I had the RC plate, but the RC logo was cut right into the place that I would have needed to be able to drill a hole to mount a Jerry can carrier. The interesting part is that many manufacturers are making all kinds of cool plates that bolt onto the OEM hinges, and most of them rely on spacers with a lot of wiggle room for movement...and if trying to eliminate any vibrations that may later impact the structural integrity of the tailgate no movement is much more desirable. The Raptor hinges are not only far stronger than OEM, but they also have a flat mounting surface that's tapped so that you don't have to share mounting holes between the plate and the hinges. You both the hinges in place of your OEM ones, then you mount a plate to those threaded separate holes. They're also some manufacturers who are making hinges out of aluminum, But even the RTR hinge that has super burly appearing hinges have limitations because they use a threaded bolt that has movement even from brand new...which you have to take up by adjusting the tailgate fairly high on the left side to compensate for the droop lost in that movement.
Appreciate you testing all these choices and sharing with us here. I'll have to do this at some point.

cstaubin

Wildtrak
First Name
Corbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are the part #'s for the Raptor hinges and reinforcement?
Might be able to find online but if you go to a dealership parts center they can usually look up parts and order for you.
Sponsored