Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Raptor and Bronco to share beadlock

Interesting that the Raptor will get a similar design as bronco beadlock rims. Wondering if this was planned or seeing the huge desire for the Bronco design pushed them to adopt the same design to the Raptor.

Edit to clarify adopting bronco design not beadlock rims.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe this has already been offered as an option on the Gen 2 Raptors.

EDIT: Just read the article. The author is mildly misinformed. Yes, the Raptor and Bronco share the same beadlock capable design, but they are not bead locks straight out of the box. Also, the Bronco doesn't have "fewer" locking points than the Raptor. The beauty rings simply have less bolts on them because they don't function as a locking ring. Once a locking ring is added, it will have many more bolts to hold the bead of the tire. And yes, they have been available on the Gen 2 Raptor for a while.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the previous raptors had “beadlock capable” wheels like the Bronco...

...but is this article suggesting that Bronco and Raptor will share the same wheels in general?

Anyone smarter than me want to weigh in? That could be a huge revelation of true... but I thought Ranger and F-150 were different.

Last edited:

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the previous raptors had “beadlock capable” wheels like the Bronco...

...but is this article suggesting that Bronco and Raptor will share the same wheels in general?

Anyone smarter than me want to weigh in? That could be a huge revelation of true... but I though Ranger and F-150 were different.
Just edited my original post. I think the author is just misinformed. Seems close enough for people who don't know the difference or don't care, but many of us on this forum don't fall into that category.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just edited my original post. I think the author is just misinformed. Seems close enough for people who don't know the difference or don't care, but many of us on this forum don't fall into that category.
You spelled “Ford Authority” wrong.

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The first bead lock capable wheels available on the Gen 1 Raptor I believe was 2013-2014MY.
I think the author of the article needed to do a little more research as the F-150 and 2012 Bronco do not share the same bolt pattern.
A couple years ago I was able to source a set of "new in box" Gen 1 SVT Bead lock capable wheels for my 2015 F-150.
Ford Bronco Raptor to get beadlocks similar to Bronco 2019-02-03 14.10.30
Ford Bronco Raptor to get beadlocks similar to Bronco 2019-06-16 01.55.50