Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I off-road the Bronco the more I think Raptor is too much width. Most of the trails are primarily used by Jeeps which partially dictates their width. I was tight in a lot of spots at AOAA Sunday , and wouldn’t have appreciated the width. The tire size yes, width no. Would Braptor have fit? Certainly! But more scraping and more input from my passenger/spotter would be necessary. Bronco (SAS) width seemed like the most I’d want, for ease of not stressing between every tree…..

Not talking crap, just a passing observation from snaking through trails that are mainly traversed by wranglers or SXS in a Bronco.

I was pretty dead set on Baja Kits LT, the more I off-road the less I know if I want all that width….
Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The trails I do in Mass are tight for a Raptor, I’d also expect body damage on a Bronco. The underside also takes a beating. You don’t want to see under my Jeep, skids are destroyed. My Bronco is going to serve lighter duty.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes had this exact conv with a buddy. Raptor will be awesome out west. Not so much on this side of the country, unless you don't care about pinstriping the hell out of your 80k rig

Laserdoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The more I off-road the Bronco the more I think Raptor is too much width. Most of the trails are primarily used by Jeeps which partially dictates their width. I was tight in a lot of spots at AOAA Sunday , and wouldn’t have appreciated the width. The tire size yes, width no. Would Braptor have fit? Certainly! But more scraping and more input from my passenger/spotter would be necessary. Bronco (SAS) width seemed like the most I’d want, for ease of not stressing between every tree…..

Not talking crap, just a passing observation from snaking through trails that are mainly traversed by wranglers or SXS in a Bronco.

I was pretty dead set on Baja Kits LT, the more I off-road the less I know if I want all that width….
I'm in PA, as well. Wider is not better for many of the trails. I want to go to the sand dunes, so the width is not a hinderance and adds stability.

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

i live 20 min from AOAA and do plan on taking my Raptor there at some point to try but this was the post i needed as the width was also a concern of mine as well.

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It is not just the east! The bronco is too wide for a lot of western trails as is and the raptor so wide and long it is only good fo dessert/dune running...

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is not just the east! The bronco is too wide for a lot of western trails as is and the raptor so wide and long it is only good fo dessert/dune running...
And if you read the ad copy, that is the market Ford intends the Raptor for. Not a grocery getter, like mine

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Raptor will be awesome out west.
This. Outside of the mountain ridge trails, most off roading in Southern California is wide open desert and sand hills. Even Utah would be great in a Raptor. That all suits me.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely too wide for anything. Next question.

Proof: all reviews saying the regular bronco is pretty wide as is.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aoaa in Northumberland County? That's not far from me. I've never been but we have a bunch of fire roads where our camp is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely too wide for anything. Next question.

Proof: all reviews saying the regular bronco is pretty wide as is.
Hahaha my proof is from being out there! This is first hand!

The more time I wheel the more I realize it’s the perfect size. Any more would hinder the level of fun, and snaking through the trees becomes scuffing! I was folding mirrors a lot on Sunday, I’m sure @Shawntrex can verify the same. The raptor would have made it but been much more work.

I love Braptor, this is not smack talk, just reality.

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aoaa in Northumberland County? That's not far from me. I've never been but we have a bunch of fire roads where our camp is.
AOAA is like 8000 acres? It’s AMAZING. I think I’ll hit it much more than Rausch even though it’s further. A lot to explore, a lot of easier trails ( I’m not trying to destroy shit) and still PLENTY of hard stuff when you are ready.

Edit: also the town /police and surrounding businesses WANT you there (spending money. )It’s rad.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought I was on the wrong forum for a moment, lol! Sounds like the exact same arguments had on a RZR forum over the years. They went from 50" in 2008 to 60", then 64", on to 72", and today up to 74". Bottom line, buy what fits your area and be happy!

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thought I was on the wrong forum for a moment, lol! Sounds like the exact same arguments had on a RZR forum over the years. They went from 50" in 2008 to 60", then 64", on to 72", and today up to 74". Bottom line, buy what fits your area and be happy!
100%

I love all Broncos, wanted to offer Input from my time in eastern woods.

If I was in sand hollow…… Braptor.

Shawntrex

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

AOAA is like 8000 acres? It’s AMAZING. I think I’ll hit it much more than Rausch even though it’s further. A lot to explore, a lot of easier trails ( I’m not trying to destroy shit) and still PLENTY of hard stuff when you are ready.

Edit: also the town /police and surrounding businesses WANT you there (spending money. )It’s rad.
100% agree. AOAA is definitely the better of the 2…. But to be fair, I have only been on one side of each (they are divided east/west) so perhaps the other side of Rausch is different.

But, bottom line, any chance I can get this thing out on ANY trail I’ll take it! Exceeded my expectations in every way!
Sponsored