Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Absolutely all of his points were spot on. This doesn't even take into account the massive quality issues going on with the trx. I've been researching it for months and the trx is an absolute flop of a truck. It's trying to appeal to the offroad market but fails because of its focus on street performance. What makes a truck good on the street takes away from its offroad potential.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long have they made each truck. I dont know which is better now. I think out of the gate, ram did a great job with the trx.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

interesting video from a hardcore Raptor guy and what he has to say about the TRX ... I think he is dead on with his review >> HP is NOT everything.

Aside from the transmission going out, this guy describes the difference in handling very well also

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The TRX has a plastic battery tray. Go figure. Any off-roading and it will break .. which another you-tuber found it when he jumped his TRX.

How long have they made each truck. I dont know which is better now. I think out of the gate, ram did a great job with the trx.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Valid points, but RAM probably knows their base will likely never see off-road or do something so stupid off-road that they can invalidate the warranty.

Maybe they just needed to jump the gun to put it out there to fix things in future versions?

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love my Raptor. My 17 is the 3rd one I have had and I have been more than pleased. Can't wait add the WT to the driveway . . . and I honestly don't care about the TRX (nor do I have any feelings about the Rubicon) . . . my truck rides awesome, has more power and torque than I ever need and is the most capable vehicle I have ever owned. Does the TRX have even more HP and torque?, for now . . . but I don't care (the TRX's I am seeing are all nearing 90k also!) . . . yes, I am a Ford guy - which is why I am so excited by the Bronco and have been thrilled with the Raptor, from the first ones with the 6.2 (2010 and 2014) and the amazing 17. Each to their own . . . but I'm as likely to look at the TRX as I am the Wrangler (zero percent!)

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They made the TRX to compete with the Raptor and in the engine bay there's a pic of a TRX eating a Raptor.

You can't invite the competition to a fight and then not step into the ring.

Valid points, but RAM probably knows their base will likely never see off-road or do something so stupid off-road that they can invalidate the warranty.

Maybe they just needed to jump the gun to put it out there to fix things in future versions?

Last edited:

Sponsored

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The TRX has a plastic battery tray. Go figure. Any off-roading and it will break .. which another you-tuber found it when he jumped his TRX.
Please. A saw on youtube. A raptor sending a guy to the hospital. LFOL. That TRX kept running. The raptor was towed away. Just saying, dont judge a product while being driven by idiots. For the money, i would have the raptor. I wouldnt $hit on someone for owning the trx.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not shitting on anyone. I am shitting on the TRX. Dodge’s answer to everything is too hell cat it. The raptor has already won and the Raptor R is not even out yet. The TRX is a street truck and this is why dodge never took it to Baja.

Please. A saw on youtube. A raptor sending a guy to the hospital. LFOL. That TRX kept running. The raptor was towed away. Just saying, dont judge a product while being driven by idiots. For the money, i would have the raptor. I wouldnt $hit on someone for owning the trx.

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They made the TX to compete with the Raptor and in the engine bay have a pic of TRX eating a Raptor.

You can't invite the competition to a fight and then not step into the ring.
Head designer was watching Back to the Future too many times too, lol.

Ford Bronco Raptor vs. TRX dims

Deleted member 3063

His points about the type of terrain depicted in the Ram videos are spot on. Basically the same terrain Ford used for the high speed Bronco Sport videos.
Street truck with some off road chops just like the Sport. But does it have a bottle opener?
Sponsored