First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know there is nothing official... But if the top-of-the-line Jeep has a 6.4, Ford better be seriously considering a V8.

Official Jeep Instagram account: "Production model shown. Available 2021.⁣"

Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most likely gonna have the 3.5 twin turbo of the raptor

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m betting the 3.5 HO twin turbo will be the bronco raptor/warthog motor. It already puts out 450 hp and it can be tuned stupidly higher.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If the Raptor hasn't gotten a V8 yet I doubt they'd be adding one now... although I think it'd certainly be better with one.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the not a concept hashtag aimed squarely at the bronco lol.

I think we are witnessing the start of an awesome class war in this segment between Jeep and Ford. The next 10 years will be very interesting for these vehicles.

Sponsored
OP
OP

IARubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco deserves a powerful V8 if the competition has it. Just like the 3.5 is no longer the top F150 Raptor motor after Ram came out with a V8 competitor. Current rumors indicate the 5.2 supercharged V8.

Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco deserves a powerful V8 if the competition has it. Just like the 3.5 is no longer the top F150 Raptor motor after Ram came out with a V8 competitor.
I loved that the TRX came out because it will definitely keep Ford looking for bigger and better things. Without competition things get boring (cough cough Jeep) I cant wait to see what both Jeep and Ford come out with over several years it will definitely be great for us consumers

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am hoping the F series Raptor does a 3.5EB hybrid and the GT500 engine as an option.

Bronco probably will get the 3.0Hybrid as it's Raptor engine

OP
OP

IARubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All is fun, until you see the Wrangler 392 MPG. :ROFLMAO:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/jee...-v-8-concept-first-drive-review-specs-photos/

" (During my drive, the 392 Hemi Wrangler was self-reporting a 9.4-mpg fuel-economy average.)"
I saw that too; they were stomping around with the prototype. I have a feeling the 6.4 will get better mileage than that with cylinder deactivation in the production version. Even the much heavier Power Wagon (which is a 3/4 ton pickup) gets around 13mpg.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am betting on the dark horse 6.8L “baby” Godzilla motor for the new Raptor and Warthog. It is rumored for production in the Windsor plant. It is way better for packaging (none of the OHC motors will fit easily in the Bronco), is based on the HD 7.3 already in production and can make 450 HP in relatively mild tune.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw that too; they were stomping around with the prototype. I have a feeling the 6.4 will get better mileage than that with cylinder deactivation in the production version. Even the much heavier Power Wagon (which is a 3/4 ton pickup) gets around 13mpg.
My last fill up, I got 15.4 MPG ( no sport mode ). With the 4X4, larger tires, and gear ratio of the wrangler, 13 MPG is being very optimistic.

OP
OP

IARubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The fact is this: Ford was happy with the 3.5 on the Raptor, with good reason. However, they responded when the competition upped their game.
I am betting on the dark horse 6.8L “baby” Godzilla motor for the new Raptor and Warthog. It is rumored for production in the Windsor plant. It is way better for packaging (none of the OHC motors will fit easily in the Bronco), is based on the HD 7.3 already in production and can make 450 HP in relatively mild tune.
I certainly hope so. If the competition is a big V8, you better go with a bigger V8.

V8 vs twin turbo 6 with equal output? In the long term, V8 will outlast it.
Sponsored