First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does anyone else have a rattle and popping noise that comes from the passenger B Pillar?

I can't determine where it's coming from exactly, but it's near the B Pillar and seatbelt housing area.
I drove with the seatbelt tugged and it still has a hard plastic to plastic popping noises on small bumps.
Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone else have a rattle and popping noise that comes from the passenger B Pillar?

I can't determine where it's coming from exactly, but it's near the B Pillar and seatbelt housing area.
I drove with the seatbelt tugged and it still has a hard plastic to plastic popping noises on small bumps.
MIC top?
Do a search?

dwayle

First Edition
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've got what sounds like a marble rolling around in the rear passenger area. I figure that they dropped a screw behind the inside plastic body panel on the passenger side. I'm waiting for someone to do a youtube video on how to take apart the interior before I try to find the source. I have bad luck with breaking things when I try without instructions.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its the pin that drops through the alignment hole right behind your head. If it doesn't center on that hole perfectly it rubs on the side and causes the popping noise.

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm sorry I am new here and not sure how to reply to certain replies. I have a 4DR MIC Hard Top. I've removed the front and rear seat hard tops and still hear the sound. For $70,000 this is quite annoying, on top of the recirculating air that keeps turning off. Ford states it can only turn on if the Max A/C is on. I know I have a spoiled California weather but it's cold for us and we need heat...

Which brings to my next issue about that. The heater keeps opening up so my 1/4 in crack in the windshield has expanded to about 11 inches now with the hot air inside and cold air outside. Roughly 2 weeks to get the windshield in... Watching it expand more and more everyday.

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
MIC top?
Do a search?
Sorry, just saw a reply button. I did, and everyone plus Ford themselves said it was the MIC hard top. However with the top off, I can still hear it in the passenger seatbelt and B pillar area.

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've got what sounds like a marble rolling around in the rear passenger area. I figure that they dropped a screw behind the inside plastic body panel on the passenger side. I'm waiting for someone to do a youtube video on how to take apart the interior before I try to find the source. I have bad luck with breaking things when I try without instructions.
That's horrible! I've had somewhat the same in my Silverado that came from the dash board. I removed the entire unit and still couldn't locate it. Turns out, it was the windshield wiper fluid housing that was loose, haha.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Its the pin that drops through the alignment hole right behind your head. If it doesn't center on that hole perfectly it rubs on the side and causes the popping noise.
The sound started randomly but I haven't took the top off until I try to discover where the sound came from. After taking off the front two rows, I still hear it from the passenger B pillar. It's very annoying...

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s likely the airbag covers on the roll cage. I had one that I needed to snap into place correctly. Be careful, the interior plastic panels are thin with flimsy connectors.

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s likely the airbag covers on the roll cage. I had one that I needed to snap into place correctly. Be careful, the interior plastic panels are thin with flimsy connectors.
Everything I pressed on felt firm and secured, except the plastic housing on the lower B pillar that connects to the floor. I tapped it a few times and it doesn't duplicate the same sound I hear when in motion. I should check out the air bag area that you mentioned or get a young set of ears to try and determine the location. Thanks!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Everything I pressed on felt firm and secured, except the plastic housing on the lower B pillar that connects to the floor. I tapped it a few times and it doesn't duplicate the same sound I hear when in motion. I should check out the air bag area that you mentioned or get a young set of ears to try and determine the location. Thanks!
I’ve had a never ending battle with rattles and pops in mine. It can definitely play tricks on you, not where you think it is from the drivers seat. My wife is getting tired of driving down bumpy roads with me crawling around the back and cargo area 😂

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve had a never ending battle with rattles and pops in mine. It can definitely play tricks on you, not where you think it is from the drivers seat. My wife is getting tired of driving down bumpy roads with me crawling around the back and cargo area 😂
We're all on these forums trying to figure out what Ford should be figuring out with the bumper to bumper warranty...
Sponsored