Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have what sounds like the same rattle, and I have a soft top. I have not been able to get the latches right above the front seats to align properly, but the rattle definitely sounds passenger. It sounds like it’s coming further to the back. I only really notice when I am off reading or hitting rough road. I was thinking it was the soft top lowering mechanism hitting the back support bar, but I was not to see any thing that was loose when riding in the back seat.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have what sounds like the same rattle, and I have a soft top. I have not been able to get the latches right above the front seats to align properly, but the rattle definitely sounds passenger. It sounds like it’s coming further to the back. I only really notice when I am off reading or hitting rough road. I was thinking it was the soft top lowering mechanism hitting the back support bar, but I was not to see any thing that was loose when riding in the back seat.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.

Pepperenavich

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a similar rattle in the B pillar. For me it is coming from where the seat belt loops through the clip that rotates. If I push on that area the rattle instantly stops. I plan on putting something there to fill up the space. I had to something similar on my F150.

Rendo

Wildtrak
First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's horrible! I've had somewhat the same in my Silverado that came from the dash board. I removed the entire unit and still couldn't locate it. Turns out, it was the windshield wiper fluid housing that was loose, haha.
I had that same marble rattling sound coming form the B pillar in the passenger area on the driver side. I also thought something had dropped into the frame (small acorn from a live oak tree I have shading my driveway) and was stuck in there rattling around. I noticed it after I had taken off the hardtop one afternoon to install the Bimini sunshade.

Couldn't find the source of the noise on my own so I took it in to the dealership when I started getting a high pitch sound coming from the front tire area as well. Turned out the high pitch sound was a small rock that had gotten wedged between the rotor and the shield. They removed it and that sound went away.

Well it took them a while to figure out what to do about the rattling from B pillar. After test-driving it to verify, they said the driver side roof section alignment pin on the B pillar was making contact with the alignment pin bracket causing the rattling sound. They wound up installing a small piece of rubber grommet on the pin and that took care of the sound. Hope this helps anyone trying to figure out what to do about that rattling and popping sound they may be getting.

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone else have a rattle and popping noise that comes from the passenger B Pillar?

I can't determine where it's coming from exactly, but it's near the B Pillar and seatbelt housing area.
I drove with the seatbelt tugged and it still has a hard plastic to plastic popping noises on small bumps.
Yes, I have the noise. Check out this video and go to the 5:40 mark where he talks about the noise. Mine is the exact same.

I have self diagnosed it to the back left latch on the front driver’s side panel (right by your left ear when driving). put your hand on this latch while driving and push up…..sound should go away. Not sure how this was manufacturered, but my guess is that there is a plate sandwiched between the inner and outer shell of that panel. The inner plate is where the sound is coming from probably due to an air gap. Maybe not enough adhesive was used? I don’t know, either way, put your hand on that latch while driving and push up and see if it goes away.

6FBC8AB8-FD91-4ADD-A9B0-DFE45D2C39E9.jpeg

F1A72F65-A7E6-4564-B781-24E984674284.jpeg

Sponsored

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, I have the noise. Check out this video and go to the 5:40 mark where he talks about the noise. Mine is the exact same.

I have self diagnosed it to the back left latch on the front driver’s side panel (right by your left ear when driving). put your hand on this latch while driving and push up…..sound should go away. Not sure how this was manufacturered, but my guess is that there is a plate sandwiched between the inner and outer shell of that panel. The inner plate is where the sound is coming from probably due to an air gap. Maybe not enough adhesive was used? I don’t know, either way, put your hand on that latch while driving and push up and see if it goes away.

6FBC8AB8-FD91-4ADD-A9B0-DFE45D2C39E9.jpeg

F1A72F65-A7E6-4564-B781-24E984674284.jpeg
Have you done the condom fix for the alignment pins? It’s almost always the pins.

1FCA73A3-17B6-4966-AB93-C1F6330B2C7F.jpeg
E87163D3-BC0C-4E87-973F-E9D7F5749507.jpeg

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Have you done the condom fix for the alignment pins? It’s almost always the pins.

Ford Bronco Rattle and Popping Noises from B pillar E87163D3-BC0C-4E87-973F-E9D7F5749507
Ford Bronco Rattle and Popping Noises from B pillar E87163D3-BC0C-4E87-973F-E9D7F5749507
Well I’ll be…….WOW! FIXED….not with a condom but with some tape. I’ll replace with black electrical tape so it’s not visible. Problem Fixed. THANKS!

567085D6-E5DC-4CCD-B2C7-AED465939B42.jpeg

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well I’ll be…….WOW! FIXED….not with a condom but with some tape. I’ll replace with black electrical tape so it’s not visible. Problem Fixed. THANKS!

567085D6-E5DC-4CCD-B2C7-AED465939B42.jpeg
All your pins will be taped eventually. Been there done that lol. It’s unbearable when you have multiple going off in full stereo 😂

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All your pins will be taped eventually. Been there done that lol. It’s unbearable when you have multiple going off in full stereo 😂
Ford, are you listening?

Sponsored

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.
Looks like a long term fix could be rubber grommets for all the alignment pin holes? Please advise.

bronco_quig

Outer Banks
First Name
Kieron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 AMG E53, 1978 Z-28, 1970 C-10
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a very similar problem, the passenger side B pillar rattle - but on a 4-door soft-top. Is this a known issue? It’s been too cold here to try and troubleshoot, but I am about to go insane with the noise, so I will take it to the dealer - but would be nice to know if there is an internal bulletin to cite?

Thanks!

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let us with the soft tops know if they @Ford Motor Company helps you out

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rattle and Popping Noises from B pillar 567085D6-E5DC-4CCD-B2C7-AED465939B42
I used rubber wheel bearing covers (trailer bearings) and just trimmed out the center section and rolled it over the pin. Seems to work like a charm in case anyone it trying to come up with an alternate solution. Hopefully MIC 2.0 resolves the issue when I get it replaced this spring.

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let us with the soft tops know if they @Ford Motor Company helps you out
I was very impressed that FMC reached out on my post. My expectations were way too high. Long story short, I was passed over from one rep to another and was ultimately told "the issue is not able to be diagnosed without scheduling a visit to my dealer". I am not here to rain on the parade, but that was a complete waste of everyone's time. Could have saved everyone's time and just said from the get go to schedule a trip to the dealership.

In full disclosure, I was finally able to latch down my soft top with latches in the middle and will go out again to see if that addresses the issue. I am planning to be go off-roading the weekend of Jan 22nd, so should allow me to see how the soft-top performs. If nothing else, I can record a video, as I am not sure how a service department could recreate the rattle in a city environment. I have no issues when I am on city roads...
Sponsored