First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I used rubber wheel bearing covers (trailer bearings) and just trimmed out the center section and rolled it over the pin. Seems to work like a charm in case anyone it trying to come up with an alternate solution. Hopefully MIC 2.0 resolves the issue when I get it replaced this spring.
No, MIC 2.0 has not resolved much, definitely not this pin rattle.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, MIC 2.0 has not resolved much, definitely not this pin rattle.
One of the reasons I am waiting, hoping the situation gets some "rolling improvements". I have only seen a couple of the 2.0s and even in my very understanding and ford Fanboy ways, I wasn't left thinking enough had been resolved with the current 2.0 version.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One of the reasons I am waiting, hoping the situation gets some "rolling improvements". I have only seen a couple of the 2.0s and even in my very understanding and ford Fanboy ways, I wasn't left thinking enough had been resolved with the current 2.0 version.
Good new is the rattling is an easy fix, not that we should have to mess with it. Bad news is the snake skin, wind noise, and gasket fitment issues.....

bronco_quig

Outer Banks
First Name
Kieron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 AMG E53, 1978 Z-28, 1970 C-10
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was very impressed that FMC reached out on my post. My expectations were way too high. Long story short, I was passed over from one rep to another and was ultimately told "the issue is not able to be diagnosed without scheduling a visit to my dealer". I am not here to rain on the parade, but that was a complete waste of everyone's time. Could have saved everyone's time and just said from the get go to schedule a trip to the dealership.

In full disclosure, I was finally able to latch down my soft top with latches in the middle and will go out again to see if that addresses the issue. I am planning to be go off-roading the weekend of Jan 22nd, so should allow me to see how the soft-top performs. If nothing else, I can record a video, as I am not sure how a service department could recreate the rattle in a city environment. I have no issues when I am on city roads...
Fortunately in my city, the residential roads are mostly snow-packed right now, and itā€™s easy to find bumps/washboards to generate an INSANE amount of rattle. Based on reading up here and elsewhere, there has to be a systemic issue. Probably not a hard fix.

We had a freakishly similar issue on my wifeā€™s previous vehicle - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. That turned out to be a rear washer-fluid tube bracket that came separated from the body (adhesion fail). PL600 fixed that :)

If the dealer canā€™t fix it, I can, with enough goo and glue.

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve had a never ending battle with rattles and pops in mine. It can definitely play tricks on you, not where you think it is from the drivers seat. My wife is getting tired of driving down bumpy roads with me crawling around the back and cargo area šŸ˜‚
lol made my wife do the same

Sponsored

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Joining the rattle crew. Started this morning 4 dr soft top passenger side B pillar

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sorry I am new here and not sure how to reply to certain replies. I have a 4DR MIC Hard Top. I've removed the front and rear seat hard tops and still hear the sound. For $70,000 this is quite annoying, on top of the recirculating air that keeps turning off. Ford states it can only turn on if the Max A/C is on. I know I have a spoiled California weather but it's cold for us and we need heat...

Which brings to my next issue about that. The heater keeps opening up so my 1/4 in crack in the windshield has expanded to about 11 inches now with the hot air inside and cold air outside. Roughly 2 weeks to get the windshield in... Watching it expand more and more everyday.
That "issue" with the recirculating air makes me crazy. It happens only during cold weather and it happens also on my wife's 2021 Ford Escape.

It looks likes it's has to be that way but still can't find the reason. The dealer told me that it could be because of the thermostat sensor to not get freeze, however, you can crank it up on heating and still do the same thing.

Have you notice that your air speed also increase every time the recirculating aire goes off? That happens only on the Bronco and not to the Escape.

Jose_911

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For my bronco and my brothers first edition I hear a clicking that seems to be coming from the b pillar roof clamps once you twist them off it stops.

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does anyone else have a rattle and popping noise that comes from the passenger B Pillar?

I can't determine where it's coming from exactly, but it's near the B Pillar and seatbelt housing area.
I drove with the seatbelt tugged and it still has a hard plastic to plastic popping noises on small bumps.
SOLVED

The popping sound came from the latch above the passenger head rest.
To fix this, I removed the top and torqued it down tighter.
The latch itself was vibrating.

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let us with the soft tops know if they @Ford Motor Company helps you out
After a failed attempt at a service appointment (the dealership was short handed with techs and wanted to keep the car for five days), I had to figure out the rattle before the soft top ended up in the closest dumpster. I think I found my culprit. The soft top arm (passenger side only) was directly rubbing into the plastic rear panel. The panel must have shifted on the passenger side. The soft bar bar has marred the panel and worn out a small rut were the bar was resting directly on the panel. See picts of the two sides. The driver side has a small gap between the panel and the top, and passenger side is resting directly on the panel.

Any one else notice this in their soft tops?

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

Sponsored

broncobears

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 LR4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
SOLVED

The popping sound came from the latch above the passenger head rest.
To fix this, I removed the top and torqued it down tighter.
The latch itself was vibrating.
Funny thing on mine popping in the same place is only when the temp is 45 or below. Warmer and no popping. ?

Bikes&Broncs

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone else have a rattle and popping noise that comes from the passenger B Pillar?

I can't determine where it's coming from exactly, but it's near the B Pillar and seatbelt housing area.
I drove with the seatbelt tugged and it still has a hard plastic to plastic popping noises on small bumps.
I just got back from the BRONCO OFF-RODEO in Nevada. It was about a 600 mi round trip from where I live in LA. The cabin noise in my BB seemed to get worse at times and then settle down again. When I got home I had just received some grab handles that I had ordered. I went to install them on the driver and passenger side respectively. I noticed all the screws were a little loose when I went to un-tighten them. It dawned on me to check all the other screws. They were loose as well. I tightened them all and BAM! NO MORE CABIN CREAKS. Maybe try that?

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a soft top. Every new day is a new rattle. Cheap plastic everywhere.

dukegsd13

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019-MustangPP2 2005-Superduty 2022-Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the click club as of Saturday. Just picked my Bronco up last Wednesday. Click started on Sunday on the dirt road. I guess I will tape the studs and check my handles.

Besides that noise I always have a lot of blowing air even on speed 1. Is that the re-circling that you are mentioning @JonathanDuong

Last edited:

dukegsd13

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019-MustangPP2 2005-Superduty 2022-Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the click club as of Saturday. Just picked my Bronco up last Wednesday. Click started on Sunday on the dirt road. I guess I will tape the studs and check my handles.

Besides that noise I always have a lot of blowing air even on speed 1. Is that the re-circling that you are mentioning @JonathanDuong
Thanks guys that fixed it.

I had too much tape in the picture re-taped it with only one pass around. Test drive all gone no click did both sides.

Ford Bronco Rattle and Popping Noises from B pillar A30C1CB2-D1F6-40FA-A073-9C1961980BA0
Ford Bronco Rattle and Popping Noises from B pillar EA080DCA-84DA-4639-8598-3C028E5E6374
Sponsored