Rattle engine/exhaust rattle

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had a rattle sound on acceleration when cold after I bought mine last February, then some transmission issues. Dealer was able to take care of the transmission issue and I also notice the rattle noise was pretty much gone too. Hmm... However, now that it is "cooling" off outside, I am noticing a slight rattle sound on acceleration again in the mornings. My OBX is garaged also.
Sponsored

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the same thing happening in my 22 OBX. It’s completely just a sound and have had no performance issues. When I first searched for it I saw stuff about CAM Phasers… nothing about it until I saw this one.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi, the catch can bolt has been good and tight, have not had to tighten it, though I did put some blue loctite on it when I first installed it.

I completely forgot about the catch can when I brought it in for an oil change. They didn't say anything, either didn't see it or didn't care.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had a rattle sound on acceleration when cold after I bought mine last February, then some transmission issues. Dealer was able to take care of the transmission issue and I also notice the rattle noise was pretty much gone too. Hmm... However, now that it is "cooling" off outside, I am noticing a slight rattle sound on acceleration again in the mornings. My OBX is garaged also.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I consider it normal, I guess. I think general consensus is that these direct injected ecoboosts are noisy. It runs fine, no issues, getting about 22mpg (2.3L, 7mt, 6500mi), .

I have the extended warranty, hope I'll never have to use it.
Doesn't sound right to me.
Only ecoboot I've got ownership experience with is my 2014 FieSTa with 49K miles and the 1.6L.
The stoopid blend door actuator (dumb idea Ford!!!) makes more noise than that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GIBhood

GIBhood

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 f100 and 2000 VW Jetta and ordered my bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I dropped off my 22 Bronco at the dealer today. I let you all know what they tell me.

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Grabbed a quick video of the sound. There's also a metallic hum or vibration you can hear "under" the loud DI ticking.

Mine is like that also, figure it is normal. Good otherwise.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi, the catch can bolt has been good and tight, have not had to tighten it, though I did put some blue loctite on it when I first installed it.

I completely forgot about the catch can when I brought it in for an oil change. They didn't say anything, either didn't see it or didn't care.
I forgot about Loctite (I'm old and brain damaged), and the red, as i remember, is forever, so blue Loctite it is!
I can't imagine that they didn't see the catch can, so maybe the mechanic didn't want to hassle you, so lucky for you!

OP
OP
GIBhood

GIBhood

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 f100 and 2000 VW Jetta and ordered my bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update!

I picked up my Bronco today and was told the noise is normal. it is coming from the secondary high pressure fuel pump. They even sent me a video showing me exactly where the noise was coming from.

I’m happy it was nothing.

BroccoliBronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco black diamond manual, 2020 Fiat spider
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the update. I'm leaning towards that as well. I do have a distinct metallic hum under the Bronco that I believe is exhaust related but if the rattle is normal I'll live with it lol.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I forgot about Loctite (I'm old and brain damaged), and the red, as i remember, is forever, so blue Loctite it is!
I can't imagine that they didn't see the catch can, so maybe the mechanic didn't want to hassle you, so lucky for you!
They wont hassle you until theres a warranty issue. Prolly noted already

droosif

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello is this the noise y’all are hearing? This is inside and outside the vehicle on driver side of engine bay. Even after engine is warm I’ll hit the accelerator and this thing kicks on then quiets back down.

2.3L 2 door base auto trans

Runzdawg

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enclave
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had the same rattle on acceleration when cold. Took my to the dealer and they indicated they heard nothing? Not sure what they did, but obviously they didn't accerate with much of an increase in rpm to check thebissue. Issue still exists. Sounds awful when cold for a new vehicle at this price point

Mustangsvo86

Big Bend
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150, 2018 Edge, 2003 ZX2, 1986 Mustang SVO
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
I’ve got the same issue. Delivered on Jan 24. Build date is Dec 6. 2.3 auto.
Sponsored