Sponsored

"Rattle" from the rear (back glass and tailgate) with MIC top.

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There has been discussion before related to the hard top panels. This topic is related to the rear and specifically the rear window and tailgate with the hard top.

I learned this on my Jeep, the back glass meeting the rubber seals on the top and the tailgate meeting the rubber seal on the glass causes what sounds like a rattle. My Bronco just crossed over 1,000 miles and the noise just started. Dish soap on the seals is one solution, my preferred choice is Gummi Pflege. One coat, let it dry and problem solved for a couple months.
Sponsored

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

been hearing same thing now and then lately but i was thinking it could also be gate table that i have installed

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There has been discussion before related to the hard top panels. This topic is related to the rear and specifically the rear window and tailgate with the hard top.

I learned this on my Jeep, the back glass meeting the rubber seals on the top and the tailgate meeting the rubber seal on the glass causes what sounds like a rattle. My Bronco just crossed over 1,000 miles and the noise just started. Dish soap on the seals is one solution, my preferred choice is Gummi Pflege. One coat, let it dry and problem solved for a couple months.
I put some adhesive felt pad on the rubber stoppers for the glass panel. Noise gone.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
been hearing same thing now and then lately but i was thinking it could also be gate table that i have installed
Hello, Matt!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this rattle concern on your Bronco. Thanks!

Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m having the same issue. Removed the spare and spare tire carrier and determined the noise is coming from the rear glass. No ratttle while driving with it up. As soon as I close it it rattles like crazy. Applied silicone spray to all rubber and areas of contact. Didnā€™t help.

Itā€™s been doing it since day 1 but itā€™s getting worse and Iā€™m over it so just now troubleshooting.

OP
OP
Scott1911

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m having the same issue. Removed the spare and spare tire carrier and determined the noise is coming from the rear glass. No ratttle while driving with it up. As soon as I close it it rattles like crazy. Applied silicone spray to all rubber and areas of contact. Didnā€™t help.

Itā€™s been doing it since day 1 but itā€™s getting worse and Iā€™m over it so just now troubleshooting.
Did you get the rubber strip on the bottom of the glass that mates with the top lip of the tailgate?

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you get the rubber strip on the bottom of the glass that mates with the top lip of the tailgate?
Sure did. Figured that was the main culprit.

UPDATE: I stand corrected. I got everything BUT the backside of the main seal between the glass and tailgate. I lubed it while it was up and missed that part. Thanks for the reminder! Seems to have fixed it for now.

Last edited:

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ā€˜23 Porsche 992T; ā€˜20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an occasional rattle from the rear area in my 2door. From this thread I applied gummie pfledge to all areas mentioned but that didn't resolve it. Can't figure out where its coming from. Probably need to have my wife drive while I sit in the backseat and listen for it. Thoughts?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have an occasional rattle from the rear area in my 2door. From this thread I applied gummie pfledge to all areas mentioned but that didn't resolve it. Can't figure out where its coming from. Probably need to have my wife drive while I sit in the backseat and listen for it. Thoughts?
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to see how I can assist you on my end!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ā€˜23 Porsche 992T; ā€˜20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Updating the original message - the sound is more of a creak than a rattle.

Rosalieee

Raptor
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, BMW M3 Competition X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Had a similar issue and was able to fix with some grease around the rear window seals.

JohnnyHeatherly

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to see how I can assist you on my end!
I have the same problem with my 2 door Badlands Sasquatch. Doesnā€™t appear to be the window. Ford Panama City, Florida is extremely difficult to deal with. Many Ford owners go out of town rather than deal with their Service Department. How can I have my problem addressed under warranty?

Blevrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom Blevins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1938 Chevrolet Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2835 miles on ours, same problem so I took gorilla tape and made a 3/8 strip and put it across the top of the tailgate on the top where it meets the rubber of the window, Also for insurance covered those 2 rubber blocks 1 on each side with wholes in them with the tape as well problem solved.

The R.C. table had a rattle too and I used 1/2 inch pipe insolation (IMCOA) and a 2" pieced squeezed between it when closed solved it.

NY WLDTRKBRONCO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello, Matt!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this rattle concern on your Bronco. Thanks!
I have the same issue. Lots of squeaky sounds coming from the back.
Sponsored