ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Modern Jeeps don't squeak and rattle. They are mostly air tight. If you have the cloth top in particular, there is a lot more road noise than there is with normal cars. If you throw some mud tires on the Jeep, it will greatly amplify that.

The suspension is purpose built for off road, so expect a rougher ride, wandering, leaning into turns when you compare it to something like an Explorer. I'd expect the IFS in the Bronco to be a bit better than the Jeep in this regard, but I never minded driving the Jeep myself.
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not concerned. It may be louder than some but it's not a tin bucket.

I have this sticker on the back of my truck and still have another. It will be a long time before it will be fitting enough to put on my Bronco:
Ford Bronco Rattle + Wind + Metal Box On Wheels Feeling 20200929_082741

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm planning on the B&O sound system, I won't hear any squeaks, rattles or wind noise!! ?
Exactly! Turn of the stereo and all that noise goes away!

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll just have to agree with everyone else here. My wife and i do not come from the SUV or truck market and have never owned one, so i has some of the same worries. We turoed a JL sport hardtop to drive to buena vista to see the bronco and it settled our concerns.

No, it isn't an explorer or f150, so don't expect that. We feel the compromises were minimal and what you gain was great. Bronco is going to have loads more character than your standard SUV or truck, which we like and the wind/ road noise was more than bearable. You could hear it, but much less than i thought. We could speak normally and have a conversation at highway speed no problem.

I would encourage you to drive a jl somehow and make your own assessment. It settled our concerns, but who knows how you guys would feel.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep, the complaints will sound a lot like on the 'other' forum where the infamous response is "It's a Jeep thing." Which will drive some owners nuts that they can hear poor people and feel bumps in the road while inside their $50k vehicle.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Go drive a new JL or JT and tell me you aren't impressed by something that not long ago was nearly impossible to DD. Even with a soft top, you can have a regular conversation in the car with someone else at normal volumes. It's a great vehicle, and the Bronco is going to at least match it in livability. Don't worry about it.

It's going to be the quietest vehicle I own, by the way.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure there will be any road noise.. if so it will be drowned out by all envious peeps saying... damn what a friggin cool ride..

Cactus

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 4Runner, 95 911 Carrera
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do car/truck companies still give interior sound db's at 60 readings in their specs anymore?

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 9 year old JK has no rattles. Daily driven and weekend warriored pretty hard in it's early years, and it's been lifted for 8 of those 9 years. Wind noise on the highway is brutal with the soft top, like hard to maintain a conversation at 70 even with the windows up. I'm alone most of the time and cranking tunes so I never notice, but once I have a passenger I realize we're yelling at each other. But that's a aftermarket Trektop, been too long since I had a OEM top to know if it's any different.

Bronco should be just as good or better, especially in the 2 door with the standard hard top.
Sponsored