TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've never owned or really even driven a modern Jeep (focused off road utility vehicle) so I'm curious how the Bronco might compare to say the F-150/Ranger/Explorer or other trucks/SUVs in terms of feeling super utility-like with the doors rattling and wind getting in and just that general cheap feeling? Will it feel airtight and solid like a regular truck or SUV or will it be noticeably different? Also, I'm not talking about road noise from the tires.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It def feels different and people who don’t understand off roading will question your motive for buying it lmao. O well

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You definitely shouldn't notice any rattles or things like that. It will feel like a solid vehicle. However, there will definitely be more wind noise. It's kinda unavoidable with a vehicle that's designed to have everything removed.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"in terms of feeling super utility-like with the doors rattling and wind getting in and just that general cheap feeling?

When was the last time you drove a truck/suv? I don't think any modern (2010+) trucks/SUVs really have that problem. There are issues here or there with weatherstripping collapsing or striker plates replaced but I don't know of Ford having those issues in recent memory. (I've owned 2010+: 3 F150s, F350, 2 Expeditions)

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2019 jeep JL. I think the Bronco will be the same as the Jeep . Quiet , no rattles. Just remember it's not your typical car and you will not be disappointed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
"in terms of feeling super utility-like with the doors rattling and wind getting in and just that general cheap feeling?

When was the last time you drove a truck/suv? I don't think any modern (2010+) trucks/SUVs really have that problem. There are issues here or there with weatherstripping collapsing or striker plates replaced but I don't know of Ford having those issues in recent memory. (I've owned 2010+: 3 F150s, F350, 2 Expeditions)
That's what I mean, modern trucks, even 15+ year old trucks have a solid airtight feeling. I've just seen a few comments here and there about the removable windows, doors and roof shaking or having wind noise so I was curious how bad or noticeable that might be.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what I mean, modern trucks, even 15+ year old trucks have a solid airtight feeling. I've just seen a few comments here and there about the removable windows, doors and roof shaking or having wind noise so I was curious how bad or noticeable that might be.
I don't think there will be much at all, at least not more than one would expect for a vehicle that was designed around going off-road. I've said in previous posts that my guess would be if anything is going to be off, it will be the modular roof.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure what you're driving!? I drove a Gladiator last Spring and it was a great truck, nice and quiet, handled well....didn't get on the interstate to feel the death wobble....

brettclutch

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder the same thing, I suggest you go test drive a Jeep to get a good frame of reference. I did and it becomes one factor of many on why I did not think Jeep was for me which consisted of:

- Too hard lean on off-road, considering I will daily this 85% of the time but still want to do Overlanding a couple of times per month.
- Jeeps questionable reliability in my family circles (and online)
- The steering drifted left and right.
- Its squeaking already on the test drive?!?
- I'm getting what fuel economy?!?!?!
- I"M PAYING HOW MUCH FOR THIS AGAIN?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

The last was the nail in the coffin, I simply felt like I was paying too much for what I got which was a noisy, and subjectively bad driving BOX. I did not at the time (2 years ago, truly understand or appreciate its off-road chops)

The box from Ford has me excited since it directly tackled those objections:

-With its IFS its got the potential for 'Ranger' like road driving! Great!
- I'm getting some nice fat tech in this for the price, stuff that might actually work and be useful like the stay bar disconnect (which apparently will work and not be fussy like jeep) and the interior tech looks nice.
- Turbos for fuel economy, nice!
- The last objection then for me was/is...... how noisy will that interior be.

I don't know how its going to pan out but if I'm going to pre-order I'm going to have to assume (AND BE OK WITH) the fact that it will be as noisy as a Jeep. I comfort myself since out here in Colorado every day I'm driving I see multiple JL/JK jeeps. It hasn't killed those owners yet and I assume I'll get used to it.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Without a doubt they will have more wind and road noise than a modern F150. The biggest culprit is the aerodynamics. A flat front, flat windshield, and flat mirrors are going to create wind noise. The top will also generate additional noise. Your tire choice will have an impact as well. My current 2018 Raptor is one of the quietest most comfortable road vehicles I have owned. I do not expect that from the Bronco. My FJ Cruiser was many times loader on the road than my Raptor.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With a vehicle so thoroughly baselined on one specific vehicle it shouldn't be a huge mystery what is coming - you can go test drive one right now and see for yourself.

The only rattle on my JLU is from the Rotopax mount I added to the tailgate. Wind noise is negligible unless it is really windy and then the file cabinet aerodynamics take over and things get louder and less controlled. But not much you (or the somehow *magical* IFS) can do about 'box in the wind' physics.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

haha that's honestly been my method with all my trucks/cars so far. The radio fixes most onset mechanical problems.
Guilty as charged here also, lol.
Sponsored