Rattling coming from top right area

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a ridiculous amount of rattling coming from the pillar/right visor area. Is anyone else experiencing this?

and before someone says it’s a truck or bronco, etc… this is not normal and could cause me to be emitted…

I don’t expect it to be as quite as a x7. But with the top off there should be nothing but wind noise coming from that area.
Any known fox would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hard top? Soft top?

if it's hard top, there are plenty of fixes out there ranging from lithium grease, to wrapping the locator pins with heat shrink tubing, to putting felt pads on the bottom of the pins.

Soft top---are all the latches latched? is the top misaligned? if yes, take it to a dealer for adjustment'

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a soft top, but it’s not the top. I have the top off. It’s coming from somewhere between the dash and the visor area. I had that rattle noise from the top that I did grease and will shrink wrap next but this is something different and far more annoying and far louder/prevalent.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry I have a hard top

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a ridiculous amount of rattling coming from the pillar/right visor area. Is anyone else experiencing this?

and before someone says it’s a truck or bronco, etc… this is not normal and could cause me to be emitted…

I don’t expect it to be as quite as a x7. But with the top off there should be nothing but wind noise coming from that area.
Any known fox would be greatly appreciated!
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have probably the same issue as you describe. If you detach the passenger visor and swing it an inch away from the stow latch does it still make the same noise? Mine stopped once I disconnected the visor, not sure how to fix it other than leave it that way honestly

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good chance it is the plastic "cover" just below the top latch point. It has a fair amount of slack in it and can rattle pretty good.

ou812545

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E60 M5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the same rattles. There are a couple rattles coming from that area. 1 of them is from the visor hitting the plastic trim. Moving the visor fixes it but you have to move the visor. 2. The plastic around the latch also makes a rattle. I have tried holding the plastic trim and it stops but then another rattle starts. Not sure what it is. @Ford Motor Company I hope have some suggestions.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I thought it was the same two things. Taking the visor out of the clip and holding the seemingly pointless plastic bracket that covers where the hard top latches (I think it’s more for aesthetics) but the clips are so loose that it rattles beyond belief. Then I found that both of those didn’t get ride of all the rattling. Well when I was taking a corner a nut fell down. Then I heard what I am guessing is another nut rolling around up there. My guess is they didn’t put the nuts on properly when they did my A piller recall replacement. None the less, after waiting 3+ months to have them order in some new clips they have finally taken my bronco to fix those issues or attempt to… i won’t hold my breath!!!! How ford let this clip design through R&D is beyond me. Make better clips or don’t put the cover on it. It they don’t fix the rattle I may just pull the cover off. Rather not have it rattle. Also, I have been looking at brand new broncos on the show room floor and those are also loose as hell, so I guess those are coming off… good luck. I’ll post if I learn anything remarkable.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have one too but I'm pretty sure it's the plastic cover for the accessory mount. I will definitely try the visor though.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I thought it was the same two things. Taking the visor out of the clip and holding the seemingly pointless plastic bracket that covers where the hard top latches (I think it’s more for aesthetics) but the clips are so loose that it rattles beyond belief. Then I found that both of those didn’t get ride of all the rattling. Well when I was taking a corner a nut fell down. Then I heard what I am guessing is another nut rolling around up there. My guess is they didn’t put the nuts on properly when they did my a piller recall replacement. None the less, after waiting 3+ months to have them order in some new clips they have finally taken my bronco to fix those issues or attempt to… i

ou812545

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E60 M5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ended up removing the plastic cover and I haven't heard the rattle since. As mentioned, I think the two metal 2 piece clips are making the rattle noise. I'm going to try adding something like weather stripping in the plastic cover to see if adding pressure to the clips will prevent the rattle.
Sponsored