First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Base
Installed the Rough Country hood struts today. Pretty good fit and finish for the price. Install took like 30 mins. Everything went smoothly except the FedEx box was destroyed but the parts all seemed to be there. Hood operates smoothly after a few cycles.

One tip is to use visegrips to hold the flag nuts while you align the brackets on the hood.

Ford Bronco RC Hood Struts installed PXL_20211224_212617529
Ford Bronco RC Hood Struts installed PXL_20211225_001153811
Sponsored

bronco_rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed the Rough Country hood struts today. Pretty good fit and finish for the price. Install took like 30 mins. Everything went smoothly except the FedEx box was destroyed but the parts all seemed to be there. Hood operates smoothly after a few cycles.

One tip is to use visegrips to hold the flag nuts while you align the brackets on the hood.

I'd also add that you make sure the tabs stay well within the holes. My last one pushed in a bit and put a small bump in the hood line. Once I moved it the bump went away. Doesn't take much to bend that aluminum.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will totally agree with the vice grips, using your fingers is a pain. My brackets came bent, so I will need to get them replaced, but it does what I intended them to do. What I dont see in your pictures is the sound deadening stuff under your hood, I assume you removed it totally. It will be helpful to remove some of the fasteners to fold it away to get it installed.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will totally agree with the vice grips, using your fingers is a pain. My brackets came bent, so I will need to get them replaced, but it does what I intended them to do. What I dont see in your pictures is the sound deadening stuff under your hood, I assume you removed it totally. It will be helpful to remove some of the fasteners to fold it away to get it installed.
Not all models have the sound deadening mat; I don't believe his base Bronco would have been built with it.

OP
OP

MattCO4x4

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd also add that you make sure the tabs stay well within the holes. My last one pushed in a bit and put a small bump in the hood line. Once I moved it the bump went away. Doesn't take much to bend that aluminum.
Good point. Keep the tab centered in the hole or at least away from the edges. I used the visegrips as I tighten things up that way the tab didn't end up against the paint.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MattCO4x4

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Base

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These

I wish I would have found this earlier. I just installed the left one, and when I went to go unscrew the nut to place the bracket on the right side, it slipped OUT OF MY HAND, and into the front quarter panel.

KInda freaking out now. Not sure how to get it.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These

I wish I would have found this earlier. I just installed the left one, and when I went to go unscrew the nut to place the bracket on the right side, it slipped OUT OF MY HAND, and into the front quarter panel.

Good news, the fender just unbolts

badmankev

First Edition
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lightening Blue First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

These

I did the same thing. The fenders come off fairly easily. I used a door panel removal tool to get the fender cover off and an extending magnet rod to fish for the stupid thing. LOL.

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend, F350, 4Runner, 52 Ford F1 RatRod
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our Big Bend didn't come with the under hood sound deadening.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MattCO4x4

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Base
Our Big Bend didn't come with the under hood sound deadening.
I saw "additional sound deadening" as part of the 333a high package. Likely comes standard on First Edition.

Screenshot_20220106-122739~2.png

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the same thing. The fenders come off fairly easily. I used a door panel removal tool to get the fender cover off and an extending magnet rod to fish for the stupid thing. LOL.
I literally tried tying a magnet to a piece of rope, and fishing it out, LOL. Damn thing stuck to everything BUT the bracket.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Vise grips helped a lot. For the fender bracket bolt I put a piece of tape on one side of the closed end of my combination wrench. Dropped the nut inside the wrench and used the wrench to feed it under. My pudgy fingers couldn’t get under there very easily.
Sponsored