Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Successful install. Pretty seamless. Having the Baja fogs with disconnects was clutch. I leveraged the ends of the bumper with a pair of milk crates on each side unbolted and was easily able to walk it over and out of the way.

The biggest pain was reinstalling the driver side tow hook/intercooler mounts and the mount plate. I had to pry it toward the winch to align the holes. That being said, it just took a few extra minutes.

I am not settled on where to mount the battery disconnect. Right now it’s naturally sitting on the fuse box. It might make the most sense to drill some holes in the cover.

27E81F7A-7A23-4C66-9969-6B4CC78AF7E0.jpeg

5B20F808-A531-4B9D-9A1D-DBC6E06BB854.jpeg

I cut the clutch handle to 1.5” and the socket arm works flawlessly. Just need to be careful not to drop the socket when retrieving…almost thought I was going to have to drop the skid completely to get it out. 😬

051DDB85-7CE4-4CBE-934D-05DE38E7FDF0.jpeg
Looks awesome!
Sponsored

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Successful install. Pretty seamless. Having the Baja fogs with disconnects was clutch. I leveraged the ends of the bumper with a pair of milk crates on each side unbolted and was easily able to walk it over and out of the way.

The biggest pain was reinstalling the driver side tow hook/intercooler mounts and the mount plate. I had to pry it toward the winch to align the holes. That being said, it just took a few extra minutes.

I am not settled on where to mount the battery disconnect. Right now it’s naturally sitting on the fuse box. It might make the most sense to drill some holes in the cover.

27E81F7A-7A23-4C66-9969-6B4CC78AF7E0.jpeg

5B20F808-A531-4B9D-9A1D-DBC6E06BB854.jpeg

I cut the clutch handle to 1.5” and the socket arm works flawlessly. Just need to be careful not to drop the socket when retrieving…almost thought I was going to have to drop the skid completely to get it out. 😬

051DDB85-7CE4-4CBE-934D-05DE38E7FDF0.jpeg
Ok, three things:

1- Great job! Looks great!

2- Milk Crates? I specifically said to use toilet buckets!

3- Did you end up needing an extra two bolts or were they in the kit?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, three things:

1- Great job! Looks great!

2- Milk Crates? I specifically said to use toilet buckets!

3- Did you end up needing an extra two bolts or were they in the kit?
1. Thanks! Nabbed a Factor 55 FlatLink E for $100 last night on eBay. The RC fairlead comes in today. Though I surprising like the way the silver/aluminum pops with the Badland fairlead - because RC made the inset for their specific model - the Badland one doesn’t fit well. I was hoping it would just cover the negative space and I’d use long enough bolts - but, there are gaps and I’m anal.

Ford Bronco RC Modular Bumper Hidden Winch Install Video🎞️ DB522BFC-EDFC-4173-ADB4-BF6AD7488FF9

2. You’ve gotta work with what you have! Owning a butcher shop/specialty grocery we have a ton of milk crates on hand. Don’t tell the authorities.

3. Correct, those bolts are missing. I followed up with more photos and documentation for RC to review. I hope they fix it. I was only able to get M10-1.5 x 25mm instead of 30mm. Also, they didn’t have them in Grade 8 - and I only had smaller washers - so, I imagine they’ll have to get replaced at one point.

Ford Bronco RC Modular Bumper Hidden Winch Install Video🎞️ FE13F52E-D4FD-4A5E-8495-073E62CBC822

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands