Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered 3/8, delivered 5/16. Installed last weekend and I’m Super stoked. Very ridged and install was doable on my own, although I’d recommend having a buddy on hand or at least a stand of some sort. I was an early 2-Dr order and I think they may have sent me the 4-Dr hardware kit and had a few leftover bolts and washers. I also had to run to the hardware store with only the driver side installed to get the right sized bolts for the L-shaped brackets for the passenger side; an inconvenience, but still sturdy as hell and a good look’n upgrade. The lady loves the new step and I love hearing the chimes of rocks hitting the sliders instead of my rig!!
IMG_2649.jpeg
IMG_2616.jpeg
Same here on all counts!
ordered 3/8, delivered 5/15, installed 5/20.

Took me about 6 hours by myself, including a couple trips to the hardware store. I broke the first bolt that the instructions said to torque… so I had to take the board complete off, get the bolt out of the frame rail, get a new bolt and get everything back together. Then I torqued in a different order.

I also got the 4dr hardware kit, which caused my other trip to the hardware store.
Whoever was packing orders that day must have been in fuck-it mode.

I’m super happy with mine, although I wished I’d gone with the 20deg for aesthetics.
Ford Bronco RCI Bronco Rock Sliders Are Here! IMG_2393
Sponsored

fordbroncowildtrak2023

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone know what order is recommended for installation? Should I mount the sliders first, then skids from back to front? Or...some other order? Does it even matter? Appreciate any wisdom in advance.
Do engine, transmission, and transfer skids, then sliders, then gas tank skid. Mainly just make sure to do gas tank last. I think the instructions for each will help spell this out too but it would be nice for a concise order in one list from the manufacturer.

Boverstreet

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just received my rock sliders for my 2 door; but it shipped with the hardware for the 4 door. When I emailed RCI they told me they don't have the 2 door hardware from their supplier and that I should just use the parts from the 4 door, and toss what is left over. However it's not that simple; the 2 door parts are not a simple subset; for some parts, the 2 door need more.
It felt like this was the first time they were hearing this; but it seems there are others on this thread that have the 2-door; did you not have this issue?
This happened to my shipment as well. I only had to grab the correct bolts and washers for the passenger side “L” brackets. Had enough parts for the rest of the install. Although, as you mentioned there were quite a bit of leftover pieces. I had to convince myself, and the lady, that this was perfectly normal and they were installed to spec. 🤣

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do engine, transmission, and transfer skids, then sliders, then gas tank skid. Mainly just make sure to do gas tank last. I think the instructions for each will help spell this out too but it would be nice for a concise order in one list from the manufacturer.
Thanks for the advice...my fuel tank has to come completely down as I also need to install rear upper/lower trailing arms (unless I can find an easier way to get in there).

EGSquatched

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just received my rock sliders for my 2 door; but it shipped with the hardware for the 4 door. When I emailed RCI they told me they don't have the 2 door hardware from their supplier and that I should just use the parts from the 4 door, and toss what is left over. However it's not that simple; the 2 door parts are not a simple subset; for some parts, the 2 door need more.
It felt like this was the first time they were hearing this; but it seems there are others on this thread that have the 2-door; did you not have this issue?
I had the same issue and once I emailed them got a similar response and they mailed out the additional hardware I requested. Did seem a bit sloppy but they got me what I needed quickly without issue so I am happy.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yessssss. Shipping email received!!!! 🥳 Im planning on having a shop install them. Unfortunately I dont have the tools or garage space for it. Hopefully one day when I get a home.

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welp, mine arrived. Installation instructions specifically say to check the powder coat finish before installation. I did not.

They were packaged well enough that I didn't want to unwrap them before installation, in case it bumped a door or I accidentally dropped it or whatever. Driver side went fantastic. OEM rails off and slider on in about an hour and a half.

Passenger side went just as well, but even faster. Then I went to unpack them and found this massive gash on the passenger side, on top of the rail. Don't know if it was RCI or FEDEX, but certainly not me. Instructions also state they won't take them back once installed. If it wasn't on the top, I'd be ok with it, but it's substantial. Even if I were to use something to paint over, the divot would be enough it will always collect water.

Overall I'm happy with them. I haven't tried contacting RCI about it, as I'm sure not a whole lot can be done. So I guess this is just a lengthy PSA about checking for defects.

TLDR: Unpack and inspect everything from parts to finished surfaces prior to installation. If you are concerned about damaging finished surfaces during installation, unpack, inspect, and repack.

20230611_110033.jpg

20230611_111421.jpg

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welp, mine arrived. Installation instructions specifically say to check the powder coat finish before installation. I did not.

They were packaged well enough that I didn't want to unwrap them before installation, in case it bumped a door or I accidentally dropped it or whatever. Driver side went fantastic. OEM rails off and slider on in about an hour and a half.

Passenger side went just as well, but even faster. Then I went to unpack them and found this massive gash on the passenger side, on top of the rail. Don't know if it was RCI or FEDEX, but certainly not me. Instructions also state they won't take them back once installed. If it wasn't on the top, I'd be ok with it, but it's substantial. Even if I were to use something to paint over, the divot would be enough it will always collect water.

Overall I'm happy with them. I haven't tried contacting RCI about it, as I'm sure not a whole lot can be done. So I guess this is just a lengthy PSA about checking for defects.

TLDR: Unpack and inspect everything from parts to finished surfaces prior to installation. If you are concerned about damaging finished surfaces during installation, unpack, inspect, and repack.

Ford Bronco RCI Bronco Rock Sliders Are Here! 20230611_111421

Ford Bronco RCI Bronco Rock Sliders Are Here! 20230611_111421
You’ll get over it the first time they catch rocks, trees and other road/trail hazards for you. Black paint and done.

Sponsored

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’ll get over it the first time they catch rocks, trees and other road/trail hazards for you. Black paint and done.
I suppose. I guess I didn't expect the top of the rock sliders to look like the bottom of rock sliders lol

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I suppose. I guess I didn't expect the top of the rock sliders to look like the bottom of rock sliders lol
A little notch to scrape the mud off your feet? :D🤷‍♂️

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @RCI Offroad !!!:love:(y)

Finally. Got them and had a local shop install them in LA area (calirasiedoffroad). Amazing shop and work and pricing. For instal of the rockslides and pinch welds came out to $325 flat. Other shops wanted $500 (what a joke).

I inspected them and there was a tiny little scratch on one of the arms that bolts to the chase. A part that you cannot see. It was so small that it wasn't even a concern. Otherwise perfect product minus the long wait LOL. But well worth the wait and to RCIs defense they are doing their best to keep up with orders. Pinch welds look great too with the blue showing through the RCI label. All RCI.

These things are SOLID. One side weighs more than both of the OEM rock sliders combined. Not only do they look amazing but I am definitely less worried about door dings now.

Ford Bronco RCI Bronco Rock Sliders Are Here! IMG_8627

Ford Bronco RCI Bronco Rock Sliders Are Here! IMG_8648

Ford Bronco RCI Bronco Rock Sliders Are Here! IMG_8647

Ford Bronco RCI Bronco Rock Sliders Are Here! IMG_8645

Ford Bronco RCI Bronco Rock Sliders Are Here! IMG_8642

Ford Bronco RCI Bronco Rock Sliders Are Here! IMG_8641

Ford Bronco RCI Bronco Rock Sliders Are Here! IMG_8628

Last edited:

FzCruzer

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello all,

ordered these for my 2 door on April 10th, still no email or ETA. Hope to get them soon and they will be worth the wait. meanwhile, I have bent up one of my stock running boards and can’t wait to upgrade.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may have already posted this in here (too lazy to search). But here is the video I did for reference.

Sponsored