Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So after a month of them sitting in boxes - I finally installed my replacement front-engine-skid plate (punched a hole in it a few months ago) and my new cross-member skids from RCI. They just came out with them for the Bronco. I have the FULL RCI setup from front to rear. they REALLY know how to engineer the tolerances SO well......no touching each plate at all. Very well designed. I highly recommend them and SUPER easy to install......

Ford Bronco RCI Cross Member Skids installed :) IMG_4626
Sponsored

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have these also!
Ford Bronco RCI Cross Member Skids installed :) 20230115_142934

Yacktopus

Base
First Name
Codey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

RCI seems like a great company! currently have their front skid and waiting on their trans skid, not sure if I just ordered at the wrong time but turn around time has been shotty, just about three weeks waiting for the steel version of the trans skid plate and I was told via email that its in the queue but not built yet... I'm still hoping it'll be here before I go to KOH Feb 10-12th

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

RCI seems like a great company! currently have their front skid and waiting on their trans skid, not sure if I just ordered at the wrong time but turn around time has been shotty, just about three weeks waiting for the steel version of the trans skid plate and I was told via email that its in the queue but not built yet... I'm still hoping it'll be here before I go to KOH Feb 10-12th
Yeah my Engine skid and Cross skids took about 2 weeks to deliver. They are a great company, no doubt. Their stuff is solid. My Engine skid slammed into a massive rock in the middle of a trail a few months ago and it punched a hole in the plate. I was going about 35mph or so. I hit it hard enough that the front of my Bronco went up and then down, slid back towards the rear diff skid and bounced off that. lol.....the RCI skid TOTALLY saved me. Had that been the stock skid, I would have had damage for sure.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wish I could find a front skid with NO logos!

Sponsored
OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wish I could find a front skid with NO logos!
Well if you get them in Steel/Painted black you don't see the logo at all. I have them that way. I'm lifted 2 inches and you still can't see it.

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long did it take for you to get your cross member skids once ordered?

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just installed mine.

Took about 15 minutes total.....14 of which were me trying to get the nut on the drivers side under the exhaust with my sausage fingers :ROFLMAO: .

Very nice, solid product.

SWcb892.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just installed mine.

Took about 15 minutes total.....14 of which were me trying to get the nut on the drivers side under the exhaust with my sausage fingers :ROFLMAO: .

Very nice, solid product.

Ford Bronco RCI Cross Member Skids installed :) SWcb892
Haha!!!.....funny you mentioned that about the fingers....I have smaller hands and when i was putting that nut on i thought of how hard it would be fro someone with big hands to do it...LOL 😂

It is a solid product and combined with the transmission skid that goes over a portion of it, it's awesome protection. I applied some red loctite to the bolts as well.....since taking off that darn transmission skid is an annoying job without a proper lift.

VentureBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Installed the skid system today by myself and it was easier than I imagined. Still awaiting my gas tank skid from RCI and realizing that’s gonna be a pain to install.

also just ordered some bolt head protectors for the front 2 bolts on the RCI bash plate. (Ordered from north ridge 4x4). Should protect those front bolt heads way better.

Ford Bronco RCI Cross Member Skids installed :) 430D0964-7DE5-47C7-A41A-2B73D7C209CD

Ford Bronco RCI Cross Member Skids installed :) 4A67E5E3-9FC5-4668-87F3-43837B6EF9F3

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Installed the skid system today by myself and it was easier than I imagined. Still awaiting my gas tank skid from RCI and realizing that’s gonna be a pain to install.

also just ordered some bolt head protectors for the front 2 bolts on the RCI bash plate. (Ordered from north ridge 4x4). Should protect those front bolt heads way better.

Ford Bronco RCI Cross Member Skids installed :) 4A67E5E3-9FC5-4668-87F3-43837B6EF9F3

Well built, everything is flush. I love mine. The fuel tank skid isn't as hard as the Transmission skid I thought. Just have a friend there to help guide the pieces to you. What are you using for the rear diff skid?

VentureBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well built, everything is flush. I love mine. The fuel tank skid isn't as hard as the Transmission skid I thought. Just have a friend there to help guide the pieces to you. What are you using for the rear diff skid?
RCI Rear diff skid.

I bought a next venture diff cover & diff skid … those are REALLY heavy duty… but realized im not really gonna be doing super crazy stuff that needs that much beef, so just went with the RCI which is plenty fine for this vehicle.

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any thoughts on Steel vs Aluminum? I want to order today but keep going back and forth. I am thinking aluminum for weight saving and they say 2/3 the protection of steel.
Sponsored