RCI Offroad

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4Dr. 1st Edition, 2022 Badlands 4Dr.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did that Wildtrak you installed it on have the OEM standard (plastic) bumper? That's what I have and I'd love to see pics if you took any.
Just got my RCI ski plates in today and installed it. It was straightforward and easy.

Ford Bronco RCI Skid plate installed! 54E1A288-E375-4D9C-BDB3-D1CA4D4742BB

Looks great and thank you for your business! Let us know if you have any more feedback as you get some use out of them, we would love to know how you like them!

DA JUICE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Wheels, 3 pedals, goes forward
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am debating between Aluminum and Steel. Looks like you went with aluminum, love to hear why you went with what you did.

OP
OP
unfortunate

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am debating between Aluminum and Steel. Looks like you went with aluminum, love to hear why you went with what you did.
I went with aluminum for the weight savings. I know they don’t slide as well as steel, but with a bull bar upfront, RC winch mount and winch my front is squatting as is. (looking at a leveling kit to compensate. I’m on Sasquatch suspension).

Last edited:

Sponsored

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any chance of reporting how your RCI skid plates are holding up? Thanks.

OP
OP
unfortunate

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any chance of reporting how your RCI skid plates are holding up? Thanks.
So far so good! I’ve bashed it and can still take it off without issues. I’m generally more of a scenic off-roader than getting out rock crawling. But this occasion came up. I would recommend the steel if you rock crawl for it to be heavier duty.
Ford Bronco RCI Skid plate installed! 9C16F519-B450-49F0-931E-51D6883999E6

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went with aluminum for the weight savings. I know they don’t slide as well as steel, but with a bull bar upfront, RC winch mount and winch my front is squatting as is. (looking at a leveling kit to compensate. I’m on Sasquatch suspension).
yes how are they holding up? I just don't think aluminum will hold up to the rocks in CO and UT? Any feedback would be appreciated?

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So far so good! I’ve bashed it and can still take it off without issues. I’m generally more of a scenic off-roader than getting out rock crawling. But this occasion came up. I would recommend the steel if you rock crawl for it to be heavier duty.
Ford Bronco RCI Skid plate installed! 9C16F519-B450-49F0-931E-51D6883999E6
Thanks for update I must have been typing when you were. It looks like you have gas tank skid also how was that install?

OP
OP
unfortunate

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Gas tank install seem intimidating at first but after doing it, it actually wasn’t bad. Basically you strap your gas tank up with ratchet strap then remove the factory bracket and bolt up the new skid. In the instructions it says to allow some play on the back bracket when you install… make sure you follow that otherwise it’s hard to line up that back bracket. After I got the skid loosely installed. I removed the straps. Make sure to position it to allow it to slide out from between the skid and gas tank.
@F150rubyred

OP
OP
unfortunate

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Gas tank install seem intimidating at first but after doing it, it actually wasn’t bad. Basically you strap your gas tank up with ratchet strap then remove the factory bracket and bolt up the new skid. In the instructions it says to allow some play on the back bracket when you install… make sure you follow that otherwise it’s hard to line up that back bracket. After I got the skid loosely installed. I removed the straps. Make sure to position it to allow it to slide out from between the skid and gas tank.
@F150rubyred
You’ll want a Jack or an assistant to help hold the skid up while you bolt it up.

I did it by myself so I used a Jack to hold up one end of the skid while I bolt up the other.
Sponsored