Sponsored

RCV Performance CV Axles - are they junk or did I get a defective set?

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a Dana UFDU sitting in my garage waiting for me to install & I can't use them any more 🤠
I wish I could keep them to be honest.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
So they make you use their axles? Very nice...what does that run if you don't mind me asking.
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had mine on since mid September. Only issue was a leaky boot on the driver side. They sent me a new boot. Had them on while wheeling the DBBB last month and there was no issues.

Sponsored

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like many folks I think, I'm trying to decide whether to go with a set of RCVs or Spicer Extreme....Does anyone have any specifics on whether RCV has made design revisions and the various problems that were reported with the early production runs are behind them, now?

Has anyone quantified the amount of increased operating angle on either one, vs. stock?

I'm leaning towards the RCVs mainly due to the warranty vs. the Spicer Extremes, but my main objective, after dropping $2K plus on a set of CV Axles, is just to be able to forget about them for a good long while.... I've been through two passenger side OEM CV Axles already in 10K miles, and now on my third. I really don't think that the OEMs are failing due to over-extension.

ALCO44

Raptor
First Name
ALLEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Like many folks I think, I'm trying to decide whether to go with a set of RCVs or Spicer Extreme....Does anyone have any specifics on whether RCV has made design revisions and the various problems that were reported with the early production runs are behind them, now?

Has anyone quantified the amount of increased operating angle on either one, vs. stock?

I'm leaning towards the RCVs mainly due to the warranty vs. the Spicer Extremes, but my main objective, after dropping $2K plus on a set of CV Axles, is just to be able to forget about them for a good long while.... I've been through two passenger side OEM CV Axles already in 10K miles, and now on my third. I really don't think that the OEMs are failing due to over-extension.
I have run The early RCV's and they lasted about 1,000 miles.
I then got the early Dana axles, the first set lasted about 500 miles, the replacement set lasted about 100 miles . I then received my replacement set of RCV's they lasted about 10,000 miles. I just Replaced them with the Ford Performance Axles while waiting for the Most recent Run of RCV's. I just sold my Bronco Badlands and replaced it with a BRaptor, I have a brand new in the box set of the latest run RCV's if your interested.
Sponsored