Sponsored

RCV Performance CV Axles - are they junk or did I get a defective set?

OP
OP
rtaylor

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully the others in here will keep their experience updated and ill try to do the same till we find a solution.
RCV received my axles, inspected them, and "authorized refund". Unfortunately, they didn't provide any additional information. I heard this through the merchant (not directly from RCV). I expected the merchant to offer replacement axles instead of refund since they have more in stock, but they didn't.

Photos (after removal). 12/21 and 3/22 date codes on sub-assemblies. I'm not sure the RCV c-clip holds as securely as stock (seemed easier to pry out the RCV axles than the stock axles).
Ford Bronco RCV Performance CV Axles - are they junk or did I get a defective set? IMG_1194.JPG
Ford Bronco RCV Performance CV Axles - are they junk or did I get a defective set? IMG_1206.JPG
Ford Bronco RCV Performance CV Axles - are they junk or did I get a defective set? IMG_1202.JPG
Ford Bronco RCV Performance CV Axles - are they junk or did I get a defective set? IMG_1210.JPG
Ford Bronco RCV Performance CV Axles - are they junk or did I get a defective set? IMG_1203.JPG
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can any of you confirm how many splines and the width of the axles? Currently have a bad cv m190. And am interested if I can upgrade to these. As they only list for the m210. (Obviously I would want to wait until they figure out the problems.). Currently in discussions but the dealer does not know if I can upgrade or not without actually installing the m210.

OP
OP
rtaylor

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can any of you confirm how many splines and the width of the axles? Currently have a bad cv m190. And am interested if I can upgrade to these. As they only list for the m210. (Obviously I would want to wait until they figure out the problems.). Currently in discussions but the dealer does not know if I can upgrade or not without actually installing the m210.
Different part number for m190.
Ford Bronco RCV Performance CV Axles - are they junk or did I get a defective set? 1659486685494

2bigbronco

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RCV received my axles, inspected them, and "authorized refund". Unfortunately, they didn't provide any additional information. I heard this through the merchant (not directly from RCV). I expected the merchant to offer replacement axles instead of refund since they have more in stock, but they didn't.

Photos (after removal). 12/21 and 3/22 date codes on sub-assemblies. I'm not sure the RCV c-clip holds as securely as stock (seemed easier to pry out the RCV axles than the stock axles).
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1206.JPG
IMG_1202.JPG
IMG_1210.JPG
IMG_1203.JPG
Interesting as neither of my sets came with c clips and I re-used my stock ones.

Off to see if I can see a date on one of my pics

Edit... yep, same date.
Where did you get your set from?

Screenshot_20220802-205649_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
rtaylor

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting as neither of my sets came with c clips and I re-used my stock ones.

Edit... yep, same date.
Where did you get your set from?
I guess that confirms that the c-clips aren't related to the problem.

The vendor has been easy to work with.
Ford Bronco RCV Performance CV Axles - are they junk or did I get a defective set? 1659499775550

Sponsored

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was a little worried after reading this thread, but I installed a set of RCVs this last weekend and they have no issues thank goodness. Date codes were 3/22 on the axle shafts and 5/22 on the cv bells.

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe they had a bad batch
Have ran rcv on rzr and can ams
Always top notch stuff

75bko

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From what I've heard, RCV had a recall on these.

Digger 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Both m190 and m21O have 29 spline shafts. One side m190 is the same as the m210. Not sure which side but I'm guessing it's the right side due to the intermediate shaft.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I've heard, RCV had a recall on these.
Not sure about a recall. When I reached out to them they weren't sure if mine fell into that particular production run, but would swap them out if any problems (I ordered direct). Mine also had the snap rings that were missing on a few peoples axles. I have not had a problem yet. 🤞

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I installed a set of RCV Performance CV axles for M210/sasquatch (CVJIFS-BRONCO-S).

They were smooth in 2H, but in 4A they had severe issues on test drive. I think they were binding internally with loud thumping and extreme vibration under load. It was intermittent, but very repeatable (would always start thumping after cornering). I reinstalled the stock axles and the problem went away. I have Icon coilovers (~2.5").

I tried to contact RCV Performance, but no response so far (2 days).
Update: I finally heard back from RCV Performance. They offered no explanation, but stated that my only option was to return them to where I bought them.

Has anyone successfully used the RCV axles for Bronco? I am wondering if I received a defective set, or if they are junk.

Ford Bronco RCV Performance CV Axles - are they junk or did I get a defective set? 1659499775550
Just got my RCV's in late August and installed them last week. They worked in 2WD but the first time I put them in 4LO I heard a low growling from the driver side. Nothing noticed in 4 HI or 2WD. Made it home and checked out the driver side and saw this...... Guess mine are bad too. It flung grease all over the wheel well.

tempImageD27dqI.png

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just heard back from the dealer, RCV axles for the Ford Bronco are all recalled. They are no longer selling until they figure out the design issue and fix it.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did I miss the pandemic of breaking CV shafts somewhere?

Don't ge tme wrong, I love my RCV's but what's the point on this platform, they don't seem to be an issue...

Ford Bronco RCV Performance CV Axles - are they junk or did I get a defective set? 1663279613915

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not on their website as of today

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I keep regularly checking in with RCV and they told me as of a week ago they still have not come up with a fix... Sucks because I'm a sucker for overbuilding my Rigs and want their product hecka bad... I had their CV's dated 3/22 as well and they were a bad bunch and I got a refund for them. Been waiting for months now... The Spicer's are becoming more tempting but at $500 more and no warranty like RCV its meh still.
Sponsored