Sponsored

RCV Performance CV Axles - are they junk or did I get a defective set?

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

seems like they are all in a rush to get their product out before its ready in hopes of capitalizing on the new bronco owners thirst to customize their new rigs.
Yea its a shame... I have done extensive modification to my Bronco and the only company to date with zero issues has been Hammerbuilt. Their system was awesome and has incredible attention to detail. The next closest was Metalcloak, they had some missing parts but they weren't crucial to finishing the install. That and they can't seem to make rear trailing arms lol. I'm a patient guy but 8 weeks after being promised 2 weeks with no date still is a little much. I feel like im waiting for Bronco's again lol
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Spicer has similar issues. I had them installed for a week and they clicked/ticked so loud it drove me nuts. They kept saying it would go away but I gave up and sent them back. They told me they had a bunch come back and the could not locate the issue.

So where are you on this? Did you ever get yours replaced or find out what the issue was?

I'm looking at my options to replace my M190 and have a lead on an M210 at a decent price but not in the gears I want. Just trying to figure out if I can live with my gears for saving a bunch of money up front. Would make the decision easier if I knew I could get upgraded CVs that would work.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So where are you on this? Did you ever get yours replaced or find out what the issue was?

I'm looking at my options to replace my M190 and have a lead on an M210 at a decent price but not in the gears I want. Just trying to figure out if I can live with my gears for saving a bunch of money up front. Would make the decision easier if I knew I could get upgraded CVs that would work.
I ended up sending them back for a refund. Waited for a few weeks for Spicer to give an answer to the vendor I got them from on the other sets they set back. Basically they said "They click but they are strong and won't break" which wasn't acceptable to me. Clicking once in a while would be fine. Clicking constantly so loud that my neighbor came over to let me know he could hear it from down the street is another thing.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I have noticed is my RCV's occasionally click when locked, but not when just in 4x4 for the most part :unsure:

rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i had issues with them on my 4runner and my gen2 raptor, skipping them for my bronco raptor. their usual excuse for any noises are that they are precision parts and its the tight tolerances

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering if the new Dana Spicer 31 spline front diff and axles will also have this issue since the diff is new as well.

BroncoDEPR

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my new set with date code 3/23. Installed them last week, got the Bronco aligned last Thursday, ran it for approx. 100 miles and noticed yesterday a grease leak on the driver side. Reaching out today to the 3rd party vendor. No noise on my set.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my new set with date code 3/23. Installed them last week, got the Bronco aligned last Thursday, ran it for approx. 100 miles and noticed yesterday a grease leak on the driver side. Reaching out today to the 3rd party vendor. No noise on my set.
The RCVs are good, but the installation was bad??

StoicAF

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

looks like they are selling the cv again. Hopefully that mean they fixed the noise issue

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Dana can't get their 29 splines to work on their own differential, that doesn't make me optimistic for RCV. Any more updates from anyone that recently installed theirs?

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
:LOL: :LOL: Just ordered some RCV - do I need to cancel them??

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:LOL: :LOL: Just ordered some RCV - do I need to cancel them??
No they are great! But if you want to cancel them to save some money mine will be coming up for sale in a couple weeks 🤠

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No they are great! But if you want to cancel them to save some money mine will be coming up for sale in a couple weeks 🤠
Why are you selling?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are you selling?
I've got a Dana UFDU sitting in my garage waiting for me to install & I can't use them any more 🤠
I wish I could keep them to be honest.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Sponsored

Last edited: