Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base, 2.3, Auto.
Fine with minimum GOAT modes, diff locking & minimum trim level.

Want to run 35" +/- TIres.
Need Gears & Lift :
* I understand running 35's on the standard non-SAS gearing, is potentially a very bad driving experience.

Is it cost effective to buy a non SAS, and change the gears and add whatever lift/leveling ?
Or is the $5,790-$7,000 SAS add - to a Base 2.3 Auto - the most cost effective option?

*I would prefer to add my own skid plates + whatever else comes with the SAS - that's not gearing and lift.
*I think avaliability of product to do this is becoming more avaliable.
* I saw somewhere the (center?) diff. needs to be completely replaced?

Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere!!
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've regeared other rigs for as little as $500 an axle, but I had a guy that worked cheap and parts were plentiful. First you need to go to a site like Randy's R&P and see if parts are even available.

The only way I'd want to regear myself is if I was going bigger than 35s, then I could skip right to deeper gears in the 5s.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The non sasq or m210 front is also welded to the diff so you would need the e-locker and gears and probably easier to buy the complete m210 setup and swap it out.

Cost wise basesquatch is a killer deal for what you get. locked front and rear 4.70 gears, and the upgraded m210 front along with the 8.5 in wide rims and 315 tires. Doing all of that after the fact will cost more than the sasq package.

OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The non sasq or m210 front is also welded to the diff so you would need the e-locker and gears and probably easier to buy the complete m210 setup and swap it out.

Cost wise basesquatch is a killer deal for what you get. locked front and rear 4.70 gears, and the upgraded m210 front along with the 8.5 in wide rims and 315 tires. Doing all of that after the fact will cost more than the sasq package.
Thanks yea that's the problem I don't want the wheels and tires, I want skinny 35"+ tires on skinny 16" steel wheels. Fenders delete.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wheels and tires are temporary & easily replaced, gears not so much. I ordered a Sas specifically for the gears because I want the factory set up. Eventually re-gearing a Bronco will be commonplace but with parts & experience being hard to come by these days regearing these trucks will be spicy IMPO. If and when my 2Door ever materializes Iā€™ll be swapping out and selling the factory wheels & tires immediately.

Sponsored

dhut2022

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've asked this question before and here are some conclusions I came to:

- Are you just assuming the driving experience will be bad based on what certain users have said? I've also talked with users who said the driving experience IMPROVED with the larger tires and same gear ratio.
- Regearing is expensive and you have to know the shop you're working with will do quality work.
- You run the risk of voiding a decent chunk of the factory warranty if you opt to re-gear through a 3rd party store.

My 2 cents: Put the 35s on and drive for a little while. If you don't like it, install a pedal monster/commander and see if that improves your experience. If no dice, then consider regearing.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've regeared other rigs for as little as $500 an axle, but I had a guy that worked cheap and parts were plentiful. First you need to go to a site like Randy's R&P and see if parts are even available.

The only way I'd want to regear myself is if I was going bigger than 35s, then I could skip right to deeper gears in the 5s.
$500 an axle, your guy didn't even get paid unless this was in the 70's. It's going to be $500+/axle in parts alone & that's if you can get them.

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you plan on 35s go with the SAS, for the M210 vs the M190 front, plus lockers.

Unless you are just building a pavement princess, then you will need new carriers and a gears. Figure $1500 in parts plus labor (my guess $1000? I do my own gears).

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The base Sasquatch is the best value going. Get the sas sell the wheels tires for $2600 and buy the setup you want. I kick myself for not looking harder or ordering a sas. I bought a mannequin because I wanted one faster than ordering. The gearing lockers and shocks and flares arenā€™t cheap to do afterwards. I have 4.27 gears and like them well but Iā€™d love to have a locking front diff. If you donā€™t want the flares people will trade you for the standard any day of the week.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Couple things...warrenty!!! Sasquatch gets ya that...stronger front differential, Sasquatch gets ya that...electronics (these things are are all computer controlled and intertwined), Sasquatch gets ya that...sure ya can throw some lockers in there and ā€œjury rigā€ them to work, but is that what ya really want to do to a new rig?

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks yea that's the problem I don't want the wheels and tires, I want skinny 35"+ tires on skinny 16" steel wheels. Fenders delete.
I'll soon have a set of base wheels I'd gladly trade for your squatches....šŸ˜
Sponsored