Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F250, 1993 Bronco XLT, 2013 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bird Dog Overland,

Any issues on getting factory replacement Raptor grills? My Braptor arrived with damaged hood and grill that both have to be replaced. The hood is expected in by the end of the month, but I suspect the grill may be delayed as well.

I currently have a WildTrak and prefer the 'BRONCO' vs 'FORD,' but mainly because it stands out better than the Braptor's 'FORD.' I plan to color match the FORD letters to my HPR body at some point.
I don't think you'll have a problem getting a grill, as Fairway Ford in Canfield, Ohio has them listed on Ebay, so they must be in stock.
Sponsored

PaulMedik

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.valleysportspics.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Some people are just freaking ridiculous when it comes to things like this. It’s not like the grille says Raptor on it. The only people that would even notice are people that know anything about the Bronco.

Gareblin,

Sorta like your avatar; the original said Ford. Perhaps people who go with Braptor grills are going for an original look?

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Gareblin,

Sorta like your avatar; the original said Ford. Perhaps people who go with Braptor grills are going for an original look?
I'd say it's possibly a bit of original look and a twist of modern on the Bronco's retro styling.

Personally, I like the look of the Bronco Raptor grill but not keen on the 3 lights on it, but that's a minor detail and it wouldn't stop me from buying one and this grill swap is on my list of things to do once or if I ever see a build date.

I would actually prefer to get the Bronco DR grill (not the Outer Banks styled one), but that will more than likely never be produced for regular consumers like me.

OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bird Dog Overland,

Any issues on getting factory replacement Raptor grills? My Braptor arrived with damaged hood and grill that both have to be replaced. The hood is expected in by the end of the month, but I suspect the grill may be delayed as well.

I currently have a WildTrak and prefer the 'BRONCO' vs 'FORD,' but mainly because it stands out better than the Braptor's 'FORD.' I plan to color match the FORD letters to my HPR body at some point.
Quite a few dealers have them for sale, so I don’t think so.

cowboybob

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Mercedes, ‘13 Tacoma, ‘86 K20, ‘78 Scout Terra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bird Dog Overland Can you provide the eBay link to the LED lights that you used in the video?

BabyJake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does that freedom grill work with factory headlights?

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well after having the grill for about 6 months finally got it installed. I like Ford better than Bronco and no not trying to pretend it is a raptor. Would have got OOOO if that was the case lol.

At the price I originally got it it is OK mod but at price now wouldn't do it. Had to wait on lights and harness then to wait on the plastic trim piece noted by @Bird Dog Overland. Had to transfer the camera and washer fluid piping over. Last mod on an OBX is removing the top section of weather trim behind grill.

Wife wants to do the mic like color Ford grill with MIC top and then when we change go to black OBX grill. Not sure I want to change it out even 6 months.

Only issue currently is the harness I got from @specialtyperformanceparts is keeping the right passenger light on until 10 min shutoff. If can't figure out may just change to my aux button.

I was hoping the orange vinyl I got would be closer to true orange and match my rings but appears close to code orange.

20221210_141357.jpg

20221211_165715.jpg

20221211_165956.jpg

OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well after having the grill for about 6 months finally got it installed. I like Ford better than Bronco and no not trying to pretend it is a raptor. Would have got OOOO if that was the case lol.

At the price I originally got it it is OK mod but at price now wouldn't do it. Had to wait on lights and harness then to wait on the plastic trim piece noted by @Bird Dog Overland. Had to transfer the camera and washer fluid piping over. Last mod on an OBX is removing the top section of weather trim behind grill.

Wife wants to do the mic like color Ford grill with MIC top and then when we change go to black OBX grill. Not sure I want to change it out even 6 months.

Only issue currently is the harness I got from @specialtyperformanceparts is keeping the right passenger light on until 10 min shutoff. If can't figure out may just change to my aux button.

I was hoping the orange vinyl I got would be closer to true orange and match my rings but appears close to code orange.

Ford Bronco Read this before buying a True Ford Raptor Grill 20221211_165956

Looks great!

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did a video on this as well, but wanted to make sure everyone knows before they drop $500+ on one of these that the plastic plate requires some extreme cutting in order to work. The plastic plate for the actual Raptor grill would negate this, but it is on back order with no release in site. The factory amber grill lights are as well, but I was able to find some on eBay that work.

The correct bracket (on backorder):
If you get the "correct plate" that you show, what mods have to be done for the grille to fit? Also, I have heard that the Broncos coming off the line now have connectors that can accept the grille lights (so you don't have to do an upfitter or fuse box connection). Is that true?

OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you get the "correct plate" that you show, what mods have to be done for the grille to fit? Also, I have heard that the Broncos coming off the line now have connectors that can accept the grille lights (so you don't have to do an upfitter or fuse box connection). Is that true?
If you get the correct plate (I updated mine when I installed my new headlights, see our YouTube video), there will be no mods needed for it to fit.

I'm not familiar with the second part of your question so I can't confirm or deny whether that is true or not.

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you get the correct plate (I updated mine when I installed my new headlights, see our YouTube video), there will be no mods needed for it to fit.

I'm not familiar with the second part of your question so I can't confirm or deny whether that is true or not.
Thanks so much!
Sponsored