John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3, 2021 Area 51 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife and I attended the New Hamshire Off-Roadeo on 5/20 and had a great time. Since my wife gets nervous when I leave the pavement, I wanted to bring her along to show her what the vehicle can do. I might have created a monster.

I thought you might like a few pics and insights.

The facility:
Gunstock Mountain is mainly a ski resort. There's a nice wooded area around the mountain with plenty of challenging trails. I chose New Hampshire over the other Off-Roadeos because it's closer to the kind of terrain in central Ohio.

There are more Broncos in this picture than I've seen out in the wild.
Ford Bronco Ready for Gunstock 2022 IMG_0001.JPG

Ford Bronco Ready for Gunstock 2022 IMG_0002.JPG

And it wouldn't be a Ford event if there wasn't merch for sale...

Ford Bronco Ready for Gunstock 2022 IMG_0003.JPG

The agenda:
Orientation & Introduction
Ground School
ORX Training Course
Trail Drive
Lunch (we took the ski lift to the top of the mountain)
Trail Drive
Dinner (Buffet)

(Please note: This is a basic ORX course mostly designed to show you some of the features of your truck.)

Mud? There was plenty. It had rained the night before.

Ford Bronco Ready for Gunstock 2022 IMG_0004

Our instructors (Evan and Greg) coached us through the first few obstacles, teaching basic off-roading.

Ford Bronco Ready for Gunstock 2022 IMG_0005.JPG

Ford Bronco Ready for Gunstock 2022 IMG_0006

We got to play with a WildTrak that had a few more bells and whistles than my Black Diamond and got it a little dirty... But just a little.

Ford Bronco Ready for Gunstock 2022 IMG_0007

And finally, here's a couple of short videos to give you an idea what you'll do.

Both of these were using Trail Control. It's a little like cruise control for off-roading. Set it and all you have to do is steer. It's a little counter-intuitive to not touch any of the pedals when your truck goes sliding down a hill, but trust in your vehicle. It applies the brakes itself and figures out which wheels need the most power. It feels weird, but it works.