Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Finally decided to take the top off the old Bronco! Can't wait to do it in the new one!
Ford Bronco Ready to go topless! 20200531_134119
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice kinda makes me wanna take the top off our 96 so we can make some rain happen. We live on water catchment so we need it.

OP
OP
Randy92Fox

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice kinda makes me wanna take the top off our 96 so we can make some rain happen. We live on water catchment so we need it.
That's usually how it goes isn't it? The grey clouds emerged as soon as the top came off.

Also I love your car! My first car was a 77 Maverick!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's usually how it goes isn't it? The grey clouds emerged as soon as the top came off.

Also I love your car! My first car was a 77 Maverick!
That was really a sweet maverick Shelby wheels, built 306, afr heads. The works. Sadly I sold it to ta kid who blew the motor doing 6500 rpm donuts all day. I always kept the rev limiter at 6000 unless i was going to the track. I had to make a choice between that and my newly customized 79 Ford Quadravan when I moved back to hawaii. That one had a transmission fire and sits rusting in my yard now. One day I will replace the body and rebuild it with a manual.

Oh well atleast I got a 1980 Eagle to work on a last year XLT sport bronco with trac lock and quad shocks to cruise around with my wife in.

Here is the only other pic I have of my Maverick, my mother inlaw threw away my hard drive that i filled with 7 years of offroading and maverick mods and videos:cry:
Ford Bronco Ready to go topless! mavside

OP
OP
Randy92Fox

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That was really a sweet maverick Shelby wheels, built 306, afr heads. The works. Sadly I sold it to ta kid who blew the motor doing 6500 rpm donuts all day. I always kept the rev limiter at 6000 unless i was going to the track. I had to make a choice between that and my newly customized 79 Ford Quadravan when I moved back to hawaii. That one had a transmission fire and sits rusting in my yard now. One day I will replace the body and rebuild it with a manual.

Oh well atleast I got a 1980 Eagle to work on a last year XLT sport bronco with trac lock and quad shocks to cruise around with my wife in.

Here is the only other pic I have of my Maverick, my mother inlaw threw away my hard drive that i filled with 7 years of offroading and maverick mods and videos:cry:
Ford Bronco Ready to go topless! mavside
I'm so sorry to hear that! I tried to buy my Maverick back but it ended up being shipped over to Europe even though the guy I sold it to said he was buying it for a cruiser. Nothing special, just a 250 but I loved it. Also had a 75 factory 302 LDO package (pictured) and most recently a 74 Comet with a 250. Just can't replace the first one.

Those AMC Eagles are super cool though!
Ford Bronco Ready to go topless! 20170901_163440

Sponsored

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wet Okole seat covers in front - no rear seat. ALWAYS topless from April 1st thru Halloween ;) Hopefully the Bronco looks sweeter while topless and doorless!
Ford Bronco Ready to go topless! spare

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm so sorry to hear that! I tried to buy my Maverick back but it ended up being shipped over to Europe even though the guy I sold it to said he was buying it for a cruiser. Nothing special, just a 250 but I loved it. Also had a 75 factory 302 LDO package (pictured) and most recently a 74 Comet with a 250. Just can't replace the first one.

Those AMC Eagles are super cool though!
Ford Bronco Ready to go topless! spare
Yea mavericks and comets are pretty sweet. There was a tease a few yeas ago about em coming back. I could see em in mustang family with the electric, hybrid, 4cyl and maybe a shelby 2.7tt. Keep the interior about the size of the mustang but make em just a lil taller and shorter in length. Maybe hide a 4th door on some in the body work for the rental fleets. Then make all mustangs v8s. Could probably share chassis too.

Heres my eagle before i pulled all the trim and found the rust. Doing metal work now and will likely do a two tone blue and tan, surf and turf maui style. Northshore Maui with Haleakala in the background.
Ford Bronco Ready to go topless! IMG_5295

OP
OP
Randy92Fox

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wet Okole seat covers in front - no rear seat. ALWAYS topless from April 1st thru Halloween ;) Hopefully the Bronco looks sweeter while topless and doorless!
Will your Bronco get that custom plate??

OP
OP
Randy92Fox

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea mavericks and comets are pretty sweet. There was a tease a few yeas ago about em coming back. I could see em in mustang family with the electric, hybrid, 4cyl and maybe a shelby 2.7tt. Keep the interior about the size of the mustang but make em just a lil taller and shorter in length. Maybe hide a 4th door on some in the body work for the rental fleets. Then make all mustangs v8s. Could probably share chassis too.

Heres my eagle before i pulled all the trim and found the rust. Doing metal work now and will likely do a two tone blue and tan, surf and turf maui style. Northshore Maui with Haleakala in the background.
I remember the rumor of the Maverick coming back. A 2 door 2.3 EcoBoost would probably destroy EcoBoost Mustang sales.

And that's a great pic! Sounds like an intensive but fun project!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I
I remember the rumor of the Maverick coming back. A 2 door 2.3 EcoBoost would probably destroy EcoBoost Mustang sales.

And that's a great pic! Sounds like an intensive but fun project!
Was kinda thinking it would replace the 4 cyl mustangs but be a touch lighter with a more comfort oriented interior. Let the mustang forge ahead with high performance only start with Gt or 5.0 being the base. If the maverick had mustang dna to its design they would all be the same brand. Mach E for family and efficiency tech, Maverick for economy and the maybe a family people, then for the glorious speed people the V8 Mustangs. It would eliminate the performance folks looking down on fellow mustang owners. If they are trying to do this sub branding thing it could work. Itd be the Mustang Maverick.

The eagle is a nice car just needs alot of body work to last another 40 years. Given its rarity on the island its worth it. Any classic is worth 5000 here rotted or not. 10,000 if it only has surface rust lol.

Oh and keeping with the topless thread after i reinforce the unibody some more i plan on putting a euro style slide back convertible tonneau cover in the roof! One day.

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands