Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure hope the MOLLE seatbacks are an ala carte option. That's such a good idea and would be so useful.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like Jeep does a similar thing.

Ford Bronco Real Life Pics: Bronco Interior, Dashboard, Seats, Roof Off, Roof Panel 109914505_10219994380002570_5089959060307390195_n
The new JL Jeep pieces are mounted on the drivers side rear pillar out of sight for the most part when the top is off. They have places where the stay connected and a place to connect the washer fluid line so it doesn’t leak.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so you don't have to keep on plugging and unplugging the window switches
But you still have wiring in the door jamb for the window motors and power locks, so I don't see how not having the switches on the doors really matters.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still holding onto the belief that the rear glass is separate from the clamshell! Definitely a body line there that's really apparent. Especially on the 4 door

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Serious question I've had since first seeing the interior:
What's the point of having the window/lock switches on the inside of the vehicle? If you take the doors off, you don't need window switches or door locks, anyway. To me, that's space on the middle console that is just wasted when you take the doors off. Seems like it could be utilized better if you just leave the switches on the door panels. Is the weight savings really that much?
Probably so you don't have 'hot' 12VDC at the door jamb connection point with the doors off. The dash/console mounted switches at least keep the power in the cab vs. an area that's going to see water/mud etc. when the doors are removed.

Yes, I know there's a protective cap, and yes I realize you could hit the switches with the doors off sending power to the door jamb... But the engineers are just doing the safest, most reasonable thing here, by keeping the switches inboard.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sure hope the MOLLE seatbacks are an ala carte option. That's such a good idea and would be so useful.
Curious what would you use them for?

There's been some sort of molle straps on ever hiking pack I've ever had and I rarely use them. I'd rather tuck things away than have them dangling off the back of the seats.

Sponsored

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious what would you use them for?

There's been some sort of molle straps on ever hiking pack I've ever had and I rarely use them. I'd rather tuck things away than have them dangling off the back of the seats.
I don't particularly like them on my pack either just because It drives me nuts having stuff smacking me in the side / jangling while I hike, but MOLLE on seatbacks would be awesome for holsters / smaller packs / storage I think. Mostly small pack storage; I like the idea of a compartmentalized / organized seatback "map pocket" better than the "cavernous black hole of who-knows-what that the regular map pockets end up like (at least if our Explorer is any indication!)

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bummed trim level need to be WT or FE to get the black painted roof. I am hoping I can change my reservation from BL to WT upon ordering.
The black painted roof is an option for the BL, so you should be good.
Sponsored