Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife's 3.5L ecoboost averages 16 - 17 combined. Mostly around town miles
Dang take your foot off the skinny pedal. I got those same numbers in my F350 with 6" lift and 38's. :)
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Edge Sport 2.7L in the garage, same issue with the tiny fuel tank. I have no idea why Ford loves tiny fuel tanks. MPG ranges from 18 to 29 depending on your driving. ?
Ford: We put small tanks in everything because, well, we can't remember why but we've always done it, so tradition. ?

When you can fill your tank with $25, you know you've got a small tank. ?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been proven time and again that a tuned 2.7 can be a beast. Technology is so advanced now the idea that a manual is 'better' than an auto at using the powerband is just crazy to me. If it was 1999, I'd get it but in 2020 day in and day out you'll get better numbers with a 2.7 auto than a 2.3 manual on a factory vehicle.
Agreed. That old-school thinking was because the autos usually had one less gear, sucked a considerable amount of power (in percentage) and weren't computer-controlled. Oh, and the manual used to get you better gas mileage, too. With 10 vs. 6 gears, the auto is guaranteed to have a getter gear ratio for the need at hand, so as long as the computer can quickly choose the right one, it will excel. Many reviews of the 10-speed in other applications have praised how well it chooses gears without "hunting". I'll bet that when the numbers are final, the auto in the Bronco will be quicker and more fuel-efficient than the manual.
Sponsored