Sponsored

Real world comparisons - Cyber Orange, Lightning Blue, & Cactus Grey (on Ford Rangers)

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Went to place my order today (FE, cyber orange, black interior) and got these side-by-side photos of some color options. Per the stickers these are Cyber Orange, Lightning Blue, and Cactus Gray. Hopefully these help someone still trying to decide.

Ford Bronco Real world comparisons - Cyber Orange, Lightning Blue, & Cactus Grey (on Ford Rangers) 20210129_113931
Ford Bronco Real world comparisons - Cyber Orange, Lightning Blue, & Cactus Grey (on Ford Rangers) 20210129_121501
Ford Bronco Real world comparisons - Cyber Orange, Lightning Blue, & Cactus Grey (on Ford Rangers) 20210129_113913
Ford Bronco Real world comparisons - Cyber Orange, Lightning Blue, & Cactus Grey (on Ford Rangers) 20210129_121606
Sponsored

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
CG is almost pastel in color. Not sure how I feel about that. :LOL:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm getting CG on my Bronco. I think it's the best colour. But I really don't like it on the Ranger. Worst colour on the Ranger. Looks terrible. I do like Lunar Rock on the Tacoma.

It's funny how that works.

Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really wanted to like Cyber Orange. When I saw it on the Ranger for the first time, it reminded me of municipal yellow pickups that drove around my town growing up. I'm sure the pearl effect helps, but I just wish it was a bit more orange and less yellow.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm getting CG on my Bronco. I think it's the best colour. But I really don't like it on the Ranger. Worst colour on the Ranger. Looks terrible. I do like Lunar Rock on the Tacoma.

It's funny how that works.
I hope you love it! I'd be a little scared if you didn't like it on Ranger. What about the Bronco sport? Do you like it there?

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen CG a few times now and I have never seen it look like what the camera picks up. Looks like a light flat gray to me.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope you love it! I'd be a little scared if you didn't like it on Ranger. What about the Bronco sport? Do you like it there?
Loved it on the BS in person.

To be fair, though, I haven't seen it in person on the Ranger and I think the Ranger is a goofy looking truck.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Loved it on the BS in person.

To be fair, though, I haven't seen it in person on the Ranger and I think the Ranger is a goofy looking truck.
Ranger does have odd proportions. I have a similar problem when looking at the Bronco Sport. No color looks good on it to me.

Techguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford & Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like the Cactus Grey on the Broncos, not so much the ranger. Opposite on the blue though. People and their preferences are weird... o_O
I have the exact same reaction to Cactus Grey on the Bronco Sport vs Ranger. I think it has something to do with the fact that the A-pillars on the Bronco Sport are black and the hood is relatively flat, while the Ranger's A-pillars are Cactus Grey and the hood is raked down toward the bumper. The Bronco Sport looks much better in Cactus Grey than does the Ranger.
Sponsored