First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When it is all said and done, from what I have been able to research--the Bronco w/ MT/SaS/2.7 is a great platform to go nuts with and build a super capable rock crawler (recent tie rod post are a bit concerning)---but for the average knucklehead who is going to go through a puddle, lock in for an occasional snow flurry, and use 4x4 because they got stuck making a bad decision or wrong turn, ----the rig is going to be just fine. I looked at the rig, and it is just not going to run hard trails w/o issues. I'll jump into my crawler for that, and honestly, don't want to horse whip a new, nice ride. I look forward to 10 years down the road where the maniacs and pathfinders, trick these things out. They are going to be sick.

10151452859810191.jpg
Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When it is all said and done, from what I have been able to research--the Bronco w/ MT/SaS/2.7 is a great platform to go nuts with and build a super capable rock crawler (recent tie rod post are a bit concerning)---but for the average knucklehead who is going to go through a puddle, lock in for an occasional snow flurry, and use 4x4 because they got stuck making a bad decision or wrong turn, ----the rig is going to be just fine. I looked at the rig, and it is just not going to run hard trails w/o issues. I'll jump into my crawler for that, and honestly, don't want to horse whip a new, nice ride. I look forward to 10 years down the road where the maniacs and pathfinders, trick these things out. They are going to be sick.

Ford Bronco Reality on 6G 10151452859810191
yeah we all can't wait for the manual trans with the 2.7 and SAS but ford says no way jose

OP
OP
Lxatoledo

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
10 years?? We're already seeing it now...
I don't know that LED's, rock rails and rough country skid plates qualify. I'm talking 3 or 4 link, hydro assist, 60's, 5.38's, shafts, body armor, heavy bumpers, coil overs, zero approach/departure. ...full mods.

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know that LED's, rock rails and rough country skid plates qualify. I'm talking 3 or 4 link, hydro assist, 60's, 5.38's, shafts, body armor, heavy bumpers, coil overs, zero approach/departure. ...full mods.
Agreed, but people are starting to go crazy. Someone has already done a SAS and I think they are planning for 40's at the moment.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I did some nasty stuff back in the day, but it was more balls than bearings then, and a disquantificator module of course. I get what you're saying for sure. I think we'll see plenty of great builds on here in the months, years to come. Some may be mall crawlers, and some real crawlers. Great thing is, it's a great foundation for everyone to tailor it to their needs. I plan on keeping mine on 35's with 2" of lift added. For what I will do, it's all I need. IF I ever get in a bad spot, that's where tricks, tools and knowing the environment comes in, oh and some duct tape!

OP
OP
Lxatoledo

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did some nasty stuff back in the day, but it was more balls than bearings then, and a disquantificator module of course. I get what you're saying for sure. I think we'll see plenty of great builds on here in the months, years to come. Some may be mall crawlers, and some real crawlers. Great thing is, it's a great foundation for everyone to tailor it to their needs. I plan on keeping mine on 35's with 2" of lift added. For what I will do, it's all I need. IF I ever get in a bad spot, that's where tricks, tools and knowing the environment comes in, oh and some duct tape!
Totally agree!

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The rear is 4 link. If you are talking the front I would rather see a long travel TTB myself. However I will say that no wheeling can compare to a 6"inch lifted CJ with cut out fenders on leafsprings with beat shocks, welded diffs, and any size boggers you can afford. You can do just about anything when it is nearly impossible to high center or damage anything that matters.

My Bronco will be more for wheeling in style and enough comfort to make my wife not hate it and having a daily driver that is capable of serious wheeling, not ultimate thrashing.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Reality on 6G 10151452859810191
What Bronco do you have ordered? And how do you plan to use it? I assume you won't sell your EB.

What do you mean by the MT/SaS/2.7 comment? I don't get it. None of those three translate into a hardcore rock rig. Motor doesn't matter, and the 2.3 has plenty of power. SaS is the shocks, which would get changed out, and an auto is better for technical rock crawling. But you say that would be a great platform. Then you say later in the post that the Bronco just isn't going to run hard trails. I'm not sure what you're really saying? :unsure:

For me, I think a new Bronco will make a great daily driver and exploration rig. I use my rock buggy for rock crawling, don't need to scratch that itch with the Bronco, though when out and about I always get tempted to stick my nose down something more rocky and rough. Heck, I've done a couple black diamond trails in my unlocked XJ on 30's. Didn't really mean to, but we were already there. 😊

OP
OP
Lxatoledo

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think he was talking about custom built 2.7/man/SAS that Ford says can't be done.
Yes sir. The components are there... We a need a freak or two to Frankenstein the thing together.
Sponsored