First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Authority has a new article with the following statement from Ford in regards to rear A/C vents and concerns of water intrusion:

"We have drain provisions around [the under-seat A/C vents), and basically we mind where the ends of them are elevation-wise,” Eric Loeffler, Bronco chief engineer, told Ford Authority executive editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview. “Keep in mind, if you have the wash-out interior, you have four active plugs but you also have six passive plugs, no matter if you have the carpet or the wash-out interior.”

In other words... Don't flood the floor, the vent opening is slightly higher than the drain plugs, so pay attention to where you are spraying the water.

How Ford Will Prevent Water From Entering Rear Bronco A/C Vents
Sponsored

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In other words... Don't flood the floor, the vent opening is slightly higher than the drain plugs, so pay attention to where you are spraying the water.
All the same, I would hope you don’t have to be “too” careful about it. It defeats to convenience of the washout interior if you are having to baby it

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get a 2 door, problem solved ?
How does that solve it? The rear vents are the same for both 2 and 4 door... I suppose if you get a 2-door and rip out the seats, you could permanently block off the rear A/C vents with some spray foam. Haha

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How does that solve it? The rear vents are the same for both 2 and 4 door... I suppose if you get a 2-door and rip out the seats, you could permanently block off the rear A/C vents with some spray foam. Haha
Thought I had read somewhere that 2 door doesn't have that problem cause they don't have rear ac vents to begin with. Could be wrong though

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I dont get it. Still seems like a miss. If they are running vents to below the seats how much space do they really lose by redirecting to the rear of the center console. What, the center console cubby is a few inches shorter? I understand they need to have decent lockable storage for a car like this, but cmon.

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thought I had read somewhere that 2 door doesn't have that problem cause they don't have rear ac vents to begin with. Could be wrong though
Nope, vents are the same in both models unfortunately.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dont get it. Still seems like a miss. If they are running vents to below the seats how much space do they really lose by redirecting to the rear of the center console. What, the center console cubby is a few inches shorter? I understand they need to have decent lockable storage for a car like this, but cmon.
it is 100% a failure with how they did this. They talk about being able to wash out the interior easily, but then they place the AC vents in the worst possible place. Maybe they have repeatedly tested it and found a way for this not to matter, but I am still hesitant about it.
Nope, vents are the same in both models unfortunately.
well f**k lol
Ford Bronco Rear A/C Vent - water intrusion considerations 1601491850580

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe I’m asking a question with an obvious answer but why is it a concern if you get vents wet or even filled with water? The HVAC lines still have to go UP to get to the fan so the water wouldn’t cause any issues to begin with unless you purposely tried to fill the a/c vents by blocking off the edges and holding the hose to it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Topic beat to death already on this forum.
Yes, but I think some of us were still hopeful there would be some sort of change. It doesn't sound like there will be.

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I’m asking a question with an obvious answer but why is it a concern if you get vents wet or even filled with water? The HVAC lines still have to go UP to get to the fan so the water wouldn’t cause any issues to begin with unless you purposely tried to fill the a/c vents by blocking off the edges and holding the hose to it.
Would you be comfortable with water going down into this and not causing potential issues long-term? I see your point, but at the same time, it doesn't seem like a good idea to allow much water into this.
Ford Bronco Rear A/C Vent - water intrusion considerations Screenshot_20200930-135839

Just have to be careful when washing out I guess.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would you be comfortable with water going down into this and not causing potential issues long-term? I see your point, but at the same time, it doesn't seem like a good idea to allow much water into this.
Ford Bronco Rear A/C Vent - water intrusion considerations Screenshot_20200930-135839

Just have to be careful when washing out I guess.
Oh so it’s not just a tube like on every other vehicle in existence? That’s a dumb move on Fords part when this could have been so easily integrated. Why they made that so unclean is seriously a head scratcher.
Sponsored