Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've spent a great deal of time in Canada. It's not the same heat and it isn't relentless from March through September lol ?
I was in Oklahoma in March. The cold and rain was the only relentless thing. Horrible. Wasn't much warmer than home. Went to a bike race. Could have used more vents and that relentless heat. Ha
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SoCal here. Glad it has them, would have been no big deal to me if it didn’t.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was in Oklahoma in March. The cold and rain was the only relentless thing. Horrible. Wasn't much warmer than home. Went to a bike race. Could have used more vents and that relentless heat. Ha
March can be 30 and 90 with scattered tornadoes.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Saw a Doug Demuro video last night on the $500k++ Rolls Royce Phantom. I laughed out loud when I saw the rear air conditioning vents were under the front seats! I immediately thought of this thread.
Looks like it has them to me...

Ford Bronco Rear vents for A/C Air Conditioning in 4 Door Bronco Are Located Under Front Seats 1595911356586

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see an opportunity for someone to design something to connect to the under seat vent, and hook into the net on the back fo the seat(whatever that’s called).
There is a company thats makes something already, would just need to 3d print or track down an adapter. Its called the “noggle”.

Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Challenger (on a 12yr+ platform) has vents for the rear seats ... it’s pretty unacceptable that a modern vehicle - especially with a cabin space as large as the Bronco - has no such provisions.

Under seat venting means that the heat will work ok but to get cool air to the back you’ll have to put the cold air to the floor vents.

LOL - this - is dumb.

JK

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man you guys must have never ridden in a newer ford truck or suv. There is a reason I hop into my f150 every morning vs taking the wrangler to work. Its about as plush and comfortable as one could be. I guess I should blame Ford for that, now they have me spoiled.

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully rear seat placement is the only AC issue we see with the Bronco. S550 Mustangs have had evap and compressor issues. I had my compressor replaced on a 2016 at 18k miles.

makatron

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max 3.0L 4-cylinder diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As has been pointed out, floor mounted vents work fine for heat, but that doesn't do much for A/C - especially when you have to divert some of it to the floor setting (meaning less is coming out of the main front vents).

I mean, reality is for me right now and the foreseeable future, it's just going to be me in the car most of the time, so it's not that big of a deal, but it'd definitely be better to have actual console mounted vents.

I've seen some people mention B-pillar vents. The problem there, is I believe that vehicles with them usually run the ducting through the front door itself, which would render the vents useless when the doors are off - granted I guess they're not doing a ton at that point anyway, but still.
Yeah those cars route the air through the front doors, but honestly I am never removing the doors and if I could I'd just permanently bolt them to the frame because I live in a humid and hot weather all year round so besides the front hard top panels I'm not sure the whole top will ever be removed since I want this for overlanding.
The thing that bugs me is that Ford already does rear vents in other cars with all kinds of success and here was just an afterthought. Not that I am complaining because I've never seat in the rear seat in any car that I've owned but sure my dogs would appreciate the extra cool air in the back.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like it has them to me...

Ford Bronco Rear vents for A/C Air Conditioning in 4 Door Bronco Are Located Under Front Seats 1595911356586
Interesting. In his video at 16:10 it shows the a/c vents on the floor. Never talked about the others. Must have both.

Still pretty damn funny. :ROFLMAO:

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 7.55.20 AM.png

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Ram 2500 has rear vents right below the back of the center console. Not sure why Ford couldn’t do the same with the Bronco. It shouldn’t be that hard to add them. By the way, it was 95 degrees here today with a heat index of 103.
I agree, having that under the seat is useless and old school. That's not an AC vent, that's just floor heating or cooling, which is useless for the people in the back seat. Maybe its not a big deal on a 2 door since distance is minimal from the front vents, but on a four door in Miami weather, oh boy.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've spent a great deal of time in Canada. It's not the same heat and it isn't relentless from March through September lol ?
depending where you've been, it's different type of heat. in the Toronto area, the last two months have been +30c pretty much every day with humidity on most days over 80%.
there's been a couple weeks where it was just completely unbearable to go outside.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that anybody asked but here is my problem with the rear vents being under the seat. I take the top off in my JKU in about March and try hard as hell not to put it back on until after Halloween (i like the heat but can't stand the cold). I can accomplish this because the Jeep has 2 vents dead center underneath the radio and I am able to direct hot air on the cold mornings and a bit of cold air on the hot days to the kids in the back seats. Just enough air to make it tolerable for them and minimize the complaining about taking a ride in the Jeep with dad. The location of the Bronco vents in the front does not lead me to believe I will be able to do this and I am not expecting much ac production out of under seat vents with roof and doors off.

Yes, this is indeed a huge miss by the Bronco team. For us guys/gals who plan on using the Bronco for a family vehicle and taking it on road trips and off road trips we know that we will be sacrificing the comfort of our passengers and it may be unbearable to some. Even for those young families who just end up mall crawling it is going to be hard to convince a new mom to buy a vehicle with no rear ac for her kids.

Asking some of us to pony-up (no pun intended but I like it) almost $60k for a new vehicle but continually asking us to compromise on things, hey, it must be a Bronco thing.

/climbing off soap box now

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Uuum, can I get rear a/c vents in my 2 door if I pay for the parts? After all, THEY WOULD BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE 4 DOOR...................................................................

Last edited: