Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone else think this "nub" of a camera is an eyesore? I see it's standard on all the models, any way to get one without it?
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

“I see it's standard on all the models”

You said so yourself. It’s on all models. Only way that guy is coming off is with some tools after you get it home.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rear cameras have been required by NHTSA since May 2018. So no there is no way to not get one. Guess you could always remove it. But who knows what other issues that may cause.

You also have to take into consideration that the models seen so far are essentialy prototypes. The final look of the backup camera might not look like it does now once the Bronco goes into production.

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rear cameras have been required by NHTSA since May 2018. So no there is no way to not get one. Guess you could always remove it. But who knows what other issues that may cause.

You also have to take into consideration that the models seen so far are essentialy prototypes. The final look of the backup camera might not look like it does now once the Bronco goes into production.
There's gotta be a way to relocate it or at least make it less "nubby" if they do end up with that design as final....

IMG_1937.jpeg

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rear cameras have been required by NHTSA since May 2018.
And auto makers have participated in every meeting held to discuss this requirement. IMO makers are complicit in many of these regs...WHY? it adds cost on which makers base their profit margins.

That's one of the reasons most auto makers are circling the drain today...and now, NHTSA also wants to replace side mirrors with cameras. Wow - I wonder if that will add costs as well?

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And auto makers have participated in every meeting held to discuss this requirement. IMO makers are complicit in many of these regs...WHY? it adds cost on which makers base their profit margins.

That's one of the reasons most auto makers are circling the drain today...and now, NHTSA also wants to replace side mirrors with cameras. Wow - I wonder if that will add costs as well?
Well, as someone who was hit by an idiot who was backing out of a parking space--they backed up, I honked, they stopped, then proceeded to back right into my Race Red mustang while I honked--I'm all for backup cameras. She had limo tint all the way around too.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here’s how it looks sans tire. Depending on how it’s constructed, you might be able to remove/replace it. One caveat of removing it is that it will greatly increase the difficulty of putting your spare tire back on.

Ford Bronco Rear Camera Eyesore 1598203662550

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i can think of multiple manufacturers who would love to get rid of the mirrors which stick out and increase drag. it's all about meeting the cafe requirements.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Eyesore seems a bit dramatic to me. You’re gonna need to put the wheel on something anyway

edit: and not meant to be mean, just saying you’re gonna have a post there either way

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here’s how it looks sans tire. Depending on how it’s constructed, you might be able to remove/replace it. One caveat of removing it is that it will greatly increase the difficulty of putting your spare tire back on.

Ford Bronco Rear Camera Eyesore 1598203662550
Does anyone else think that looks like a jack stand?

Sponsored

combatninja

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I looks like there is a high probability of breaking that thing off while trying to swap out a tire on the trail in less than ideal light and/or weather conditions. Is that whole thing made of solid metal or is the camera part plastic? If it is plastic, those are going to get busted off left and right.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

My corvette, truck and my wife’s SUB have back up cameras. I still trust my mirrors more. It is good for hooking boat trailer up or once in spot to see how far back you can go. But backing down my drive way it’s mirrors or I’ll go off side of driveway

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife bought a 2018 VW Tiguan R-Line brand new. She didn't have even 40 miles on it. She was backing up in a parking garage, and thought she could use just the rear-view camera... her front end scrapped one of the pillars. $400 she said she learned that lesson the hard way. God I can't imagine if they were "camera" mirrors. That just sounds horrible.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe get creative with artwork on a spare tire cover.
Sponsored