Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you buy them? Weren’t they something like $99 plus shipping minus forum discount?
I bought them on May 3rd for $99 plus tax and shipping. Didn’t know about the forum discount. $122 out the door

Nemo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you buy them? Weren’t they something like $99 plus shipping minus forum discount?
I ordered on Wednesday. Tracking days due here in central CA tomorrow. I didn't know about a forum code and didn't think to look either.

I'll post some pictures when they show.

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at the cheaper ones I now see why they are less than others. They do not use the larger shock mount bolt to capture them as well. Looks like they are only held on by the two small bolts on one side of the shock bracket. I can see these getting hit and bent, then bending the shock mount itself once hanging down. I know the Foutz ones I got and some of the others use the large bolt that holds the lower shock as well. Infact the Foutz came with all new lower bolts that are longer to account for thickness of the new skids. Just food for thought.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never found a need for a differential skid plate but I have peeled a cover back before. Unless you're doing high speed baja stuff, the bottom of the cover would be more concerning to me.

Here are some $99 U.S.-made shock skids. It's refreshing to see they don't have some company's name laser cut into them.
https://valkyrieoffroad.com/shop/2021-bronco-rear-shock-skid/
I can vouch for Valkyrie. I smacked both sides a lot in Moab this week. (Picture is half way on day 1 of 3)

I didn't hit the rear diff once, so I recommend prioritizing the shock mount skids.

20220504_144639.jpg

Sponsored

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at the cheaper ones I now see why they are less than others. They do not use the larger shock mount bolt to capture them as well. Looks like they are only held on by the two small bolts on one side of the shock bracket. I can see these getting hit and bent, then bending the shock mount itself once hanging down. I know the Foutz ones I got and some of the others use the large bolt that holds the lower shock as well. Infact the Foutz came with all new lower bolts that are longer to account for thickness of the new skids. Just food for thought.
I haven't seen any that only use the 2 small bolts. Most use the small bolts on one side, and the large bolt on the other, and some use the large bolt on both sides plus the small bolts.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed my Valkyrie shock skids today. The first one took 5 times as long as the second one.

I was a little concerned when I received them that they look to have been previously installed, or tried to install, as some of the powder coat was missing where you could tell that it was installed. Well after I had to beat the crap out of them to get them installed, my concerns about missing powder coat were unwarranted as there’s a whole lot more missing now that I beat the crap out of them to get them to fit. The tolerances are very tight and you have to use your bfh to beat them into submission.
It’s a little unnerving to pull the shock stud almost completely out to get the back hole over the stud. I was imagining the shit-show I’d have if I pulled it too far out. Luckily finesse win the day on that battle.
You’ll also need a magnet on a stick to get the nylock nuts on the backside of the two smaller bolts. There’s no room to get your fingers in there. It’s a real PITA. Now that I’m thinking of it, I bet they didn’t build these skids around a Badlands with a Bilstein reservoir. I’m going to have to go double check clearances.
First side probably took an hour or more and the second side about 20 minutes.
Ford Bronco Rear diff and rear shock skid options? C8823D00-47D6-4793-8AB8-2E6231CDB68C

Ford Bronco Rear diff and rear shock skid options? D60C2A3E-3E49-490F-AE9B-1133CD77961C

Ford Bronco Rear diff and rear shock skid options? 95E33F47-29F6-4BF1-8277-26BC34027453

Overall I’m pleased with how they turned out with exception of the missing powder coat. I figure that it’s inevitable to mess them up on the trails anyway so I need to just deal with it. I may even just shoot them with some paint.

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I already have the jcr shock skids but I guess I’m not understanding the point of the diff skid? If it doesn’t extend far enough forward to protect the pinion what is the point? Yes it’s a smoother surface to slide over stuff but the bottom of the diff isn’t going to break. Like someone mentioned a beefed up diff cover is all that’s needed so it doesn’t peel open. On my old rock crawler bronco the diff cover was leaking from peeling back so I put a ruffstuff cover on. But the underside of the diff had rock gouges all over and had no issues. I know it’s hard to build a pinion support section like on a 14 bolt because the pinion facilitates that on the 14 bolt. So I guess I wonder if anyone will make a diff guard that extends further forward to protect the pinion/driveshaft? That’s what I’d be interested in.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I already have the jcr shock skids but I guess I’m not understanding the point of the diff skid? If it doesn’t extend far enough forward to protect the pinion what is the point? Yes it’s a smoother surface to slide over stuff but the bottom of the diff isn’t going to break. Like someone mentioned a beefed up diff cover is all that’s needed so it doesn’t peel open. On my old rock crawler bronco the diff cover was leaking from peeling back so I put a ruffstuff cover on. But the underside of the diff had rock gouges all over and had no issues. I know it’s hard to build a pinion support section like on a 14 bolt because the pinion facilitates that on the 14 bolt. So I guess I wonder if anyone will make a diff guard that extends further forward to protect the pinion/driveshaft? That’s what I’d be interested in.
I honestly don’t have enough experience to know that I need a diff skid. I just wanted to be comfortable that I wouldn’t break anything running relatively high speed through sand and rock, hitting full compression on my suspension. I can hold off and see how things go. Thank you.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@UtahBrandon Have you decided on what you need? I am in the same boat right now. Shock plates for sure, something else?
I haven't as I'm waiting on lower priced options to come out. I see @Rancho Suspension just announced a diff skid, however, I hate that it's red. Back to waiting for a better option.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't as I'm waiting on lower priced options to come out. I see @Rancho Suspension just announced a diff skid, however, I hate that it's red. Back to waiting for a better option.
But in general, you consider the shock and diff skids. Right? The rest is fine?

Rancho Suspension

Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Rattle can it up!!!
Have it ANY color you want ;)

PS this was the first time I recall getting a shout out here.
Woohoo!
Matt

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But in general, you consider the shock and diff skids. Right? The rest is fine?
Not sure I understand your question, but given the protection from the standard skids, these were the only two low hanging bits that I was concerned about. To each his/her own, however, I don't intend to get too stupid with my Badlands - just a little stupid.
Sponsored