Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As I think about switching to a 4 door soft top, from a 2 door where I cannot get a soft top, I want to see what the car looks like with the rear doors on, windows down, with front doors off. Has anyone seen a pic in that configuration? I earned the right to drive a 2 door with all the kids in or out of college, but I also don't want to lose another summer waiting for this car. I did a search but could not find anything. Thanks Forum members.
Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wouldn’t change my order because you can possibly get it slightly sooner. Summer driving for almost everyone is out the window now. Just realize that these things are on a slow simmer no matter what configuration you chose.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t change my order because you can possibly get it slightly sooner. Summer driving for almost everyone is out the window now. Just realize that these things are on a slow simmer no matter what configuration you chose.
I feel the pain of wanting to get this thing in my driveway sooner, too. But once it's here I'm going to have to live with it for along time. I have wanted a 2-door from day one, and can't see compromising that to get it earlier. I have come to terms with getting my delivery next spring or so (I'm a 7/22 reservation).

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's how I aim to drive mine. At all the events, this is mostly how they show them.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm thinking the same as you, switching from 2dr 2.3 to 4dr and 2.7. I love the 2dr look but there are so many reasons why 4dr is great on it's own and after seeing them a few weeks ago I love that look was well. Taking out the MIC, I think I got a better chance of my order getting pulled. My sales manager disagrees and said I'd definitely be 2022 of I switched to 4dr, but he couldn't give me a valid reason why, it was just gut feeling. Told him I'm seen all the emails and announcements here and MIC is the main constraint.

Edit: and this front doors off and back windows down look is awesome

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I earned the right to drive a 2 door...
That statement leads me to believe you will be more than a little bit disappointed driving around in your 4-door when you start seeing 2-door Broncos on the road.🤔

Normally I just tell everybody who can't decide: get the 4-door. But most people are saying things about looks or needing more room for kids, access to carseats, big dogs, friends, etc.

My youngest will be 21 this summer and I completely understand what it means to wait 20-30 years to "earn" your 2-door. Any time I catch myself even slightly thinking 4-door, I remember that this is my car and I really have "earned" it.😍

Last edited:

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So happy I saw this photo! Same everything except I have a rim upgrade. At first I thought I would take it around the lake (hopefully in late August) with top and all doors off, but now just the two front doors and top off will be the ticket 😍

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now fill in the gap at rear door, paint over the gap, remove the rear door handle,
and you've got a good-looking ride.

Ford Bronco Rear Doors on windows down, front doors off 1622474507255

Sponsored

CaliforniaBurrito

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think "slightly" sooner is an understatement. Ford is having trouble even getting all the FEs out. I had a Wildtrak build but I read the writing on the wall that I think I was going to be pushed to '22, even though I have a morning 7/14 res. I can't wait til next spring so I did a hail mary build change to a BL soft top to see if I can get scheduled.
I live in a area with good weather that I think I would have the top off frequently and was definitely originally considering the dual tops option, so I figured I could live with the soft top and then maybe sometime next year would be able to order a MIC if I really felt I needed it.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i also stared with the two door to replace my TJL I sold many years ago. Then I physically saw the 4door and it has the room for two dogs and gear with the rear seat removed. The TJL never had the rear installed. Now the measurements of the 2door are out and they are close, smaller but still close to the TJL. lucky I am a MY22 so I hope to see the 2door in person soon.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I think about switching to a 4 door soft top, from a 2 door where I cannot get a soft top, I want to see what the car looks like with the rear doors on, windows down, with front doors off. Has anyone seen a pic in that configuration? I earned the right to drive a 2 door with all the kids in or out of college, but I also don't want to lose another summer waiting for this car. I did a search but could not find anything. Thanks Forum members.
You know there are going to be aftermarket (who supply the OEM) Soft tops available right. If I really wanted a 2 door I would get a 2 door. :cool:

OP
OP
Portapot

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes I am well aware of the aftermarket tops, about the only two doors I have seen have the fastback soft-top. Looks like they are rolling off the assembly line with soft tops Even though they are not offered from the factory. But if the hard top is going to delay me to the point of frustration and result in me cancelling my order I was wondering what the 4 door looked like with just the front doors off, and it actually looks pretty good. In the interim the old CJ still gets it done.

Ford Bronco Rear Doors on windows down, front doors off CFE0E602-73C2-473C-8A22-B1E33F0544A4

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes I am well aware of the aftermarket tops, about the only two doors I have seen have the fastback soft-top. Looks like they are rolling off the assembly line with soft tops Even though they are not offered from the factory. But if the hard top is going to delay me to the point of frustration and result in me cancelling my order I was wondering what the 4 door looked like with just the front doors off, and it actually looks pretty good. In the interim the old CJ still gets it done.

Ford Bronco Rear Doors on windows down, front doors off CFE0E602-73C2-473C-8A22-B1E33F0544A4
Is that CJ Cactus Gray???
Sponsored