First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As the title says, my Bronco got rear ended while sitting at a red light after only having made 2 payments on it. As the shop digs into it, they're stating that a whole frame rail needs to be replaced. Seeing that these Broncos are fairly expensive, the cost of repairs isn't enough to total it. With that being said, I've been told that I will be reimbursed for DIV (diminish in value). Does anyone have any insight of a percentage I should look out/fight for since my car fax will obviously be hit pretty hard with some significant repairs being done. I'm attaching pictures of the damage, including the kink in the frame.

Ford Bronco Rear Ended After 2 Payments BroncoDamage(1)

Ford Bronco Rear Ended After 2 Payments BroncoDamage(2)

Ford Bronco Rear Ended After 2 Payments BroncoDamage(3)

Ford Bronco Rear Ended After 2 Payments BroncoDamage(4)

Ford Bronco Rear Ended After 2 Payments BroncoDamage(5)
Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Freakinā€™ bad and distracted drivers manā€¦ Iā€™d be lying if I said I wasnā€™t watching my rear view when Iā€™m sitting at a light and someone is coming up behind me

Iā€™m so sorry this happened to you. At least you seem to be okay and as annoying as it is, that matters most

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That freaking blows. That d/s rear frame horn crumbled pretty good.

I always look in my mirrors when sitting at a red light. Just last month about a 1/2 mile from my home I was sitting at a red light in the center lane of 3. I look back and there is a delivery truck coming at me while his head is down looking at his phone. Wasn't slowing so I moved over to the slow lane, I beep the horn a couple of times but he ran right into the Mercedes that was in front of me and knocked it into the intersection. I was glad I had moved the Bronco over when I saw him. I stayed until the state trooper showed up to be a witness and I pulled off to help the old lady in the Mercedes.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As the title says, my Bronco got rear ended while sitting at a red light after only having made 2 payments on it. As the shop digs into it, they're stating that a whole frame rail needs to be replaced. Seeing that these Broncos are fairly expensive, the cost of repairs isn't enough to total it. With that being said, I've been told that I will be reimbursed for DIV (diminish in value). Does anyone have any insight of a percentage I should look out/fight for since my car fax will obviously be hit pretty hard with some significant repairs being done. I'm attaching pictures of the damage, including the kink in the frame.

With these being a body on frame, can a frame be ordered?

@flip

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I need to get my bumpers built ASAP! Not only for off roading but to stiffen up these crumple zones so my Bronco isn't totaled from a moron not paying attention.
I wonder if the OP had even the stock steel bumpers if he would have fared better vs. the plastic?

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if the OP had even the stock steel bumpers if he would have fared better vs. the plastic?
Doubt it. Did you see the DV8 Bronco misshap? The frame horns are weak and need strengthening.

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same. I ride a Harley and got used to looking in mirrors long ago.

Sucks for ya OP but could have been much worse.

Freakinā€™ bad and distracted drivers manā€¦ Iā€™d be lying if I said I wasnā€™t watching my rear view when Iā€™m sitting at a light and someone is coming up behind me

Iā€™m so sorry this happened to you. At least you seem to be okay and as annoying as it is, that matters most

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The stock steel is a thin shell. I easily cut the holes for my flush mounts with a worn out jig saw blade. You can hold the bumper with one hand.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Doubt it. Did you see the DV8 Bronco misshap? The frame horns are weak and need strengthening.
It wasn't the frame horns that failed in the video. It was the mounting plates on the frame horns that failed, they bent backwards on the top and pulled forward at the bottom. They need to be boxed or gussets.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It wasn't the frame horns that failed in the video. It was the mounting plates on the frame horns that failed, they bent backwards on the top and pulled forward at the bottom. They need to be boxed or gussets.
I know but still, it definitely needs reinforced! They, as bumper makers, should have known better...

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ā€œIā€™ve got a buddy who can fix that with a high lift jack and some Bondoā€

Seriously tho, really sorry for you. Glad youā€™re okay. A good shop can do amazing things - hold out for the right to pick a good shop.

OP
OP
Cloak

Cloak

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With these being a body on frame, can a frame be ordered?

@flip
A frame can be ordered, but then Iā€™d be a salvaged title. At that point itā€™s be cheaper for insurance to total it because the diminish in value is astronomical on a salvaged title.
I started out using the girls insurance who caused the accident. Their insurance was going to total it for this reason, but her insurance limits were high enough to pay me out so they told me to go through my insurance.
When my insurance did their investigation, they are leaning towards repairing it.
I talked to my shop today, and they are putting together a supplement list on top of USAAā€™s original estimate. The shop says a whole frame rail needs to be replaced. Iā€™m not sure what that consists of. Maybe thatā€™s enough for them to total it? If not, I want to know how much I need to fight for for the diminish in value.
Sponsored