Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's why I leave the ball hitch installed. When they hit that, they'll know they hit something. (y)
Yes! Do this

leave the hitch in! Then they know they hit something! And you know you got hit! Hopefully it just rips your rear crossmember and the damage is right at minimum state limits so you have to use your insurance. Then you run out of rental (if you even have it). and it takes months to fix while you wait! on top of the claim on your insurance when you renew so yours goes up and you pay a non recoverable deductible!!!

And it all still applies if it totals! Thereā€™s a ton of decent used vehicles to go buy now too!

it totals/severely damages trucks, cars and suvā€™s

hell put a hitch on everything you own! Put two!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

USAA is the best!!! Been with them for over 25yrs for all my financial and insurance needs. No one company can compete with USAA.
Agreed. Been with USAA for 36 years, back when you had to be in the military or a MIL family member to join USAA.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agreed. Been with USAA for 36 years, back when you had to be in the military or a MIL family member to join USAA.
Those conditions are still a requirement to be a member.

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine was hit before we even made the first payment - back in early August 2022. Still in the DV claims process, months after it was fixed and back on the road. Takes a LONG time to arbitrate

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this is EXACTLY why I don't drive mine and just look at it. It's gotten right at 1000 miles not counting the 600 from SAC to home and I've had it since mid July. When people stop driving and roads are empty then I'll get it out as long as it's not raining!

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you politely ask the driver behind you, "What exactly in the @*%@$ were you #$%@ doing, cause it sure as $&@# wasn't driving a car."?

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

this is EXACTLY why I don't drive mine and just look at it. It's gotten right at 1000 miles not counting the 600 from SAC to home and I've had it since mid July. When people stop driving and roads are empty then I'll get it out as long as it's not raining!
So you are waiting for the Rapture or the Zombie Apocalypse then?

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got a call back from the shop, they said the whole frame needs to be replaced. Waiting to hear from USAA, I assume some time tomorrow, if that means total or not
What ended up being the outcome? Just checking on my fellow Nate.

Sponsored

martinjv71

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As the title says, my Bronco got rear ended while sitting at a red light after only having made 2 payments on it. As the shop digs into it, they're stating that a whole frame rail needs to be replaced. Seeing that these Broncos are fairly expensive, the cost of repairs isn't enough to total it. With that being said, I've been told that I will be reimbursed for DIV (diminish in value). Does anyone have any insight of a percentage I should look out/fight for since my car fax will obviously be hit pretty hard with some significant repairs being done. I'm attaching pictures of the damage, including the kink in the frame.

BroncoDamage(1).jpg

BroncoDamage(2).jpg

BroncoDamage(3).jpg

BroncoDamage(4).jpg

BroncoDamage(5).jpg
Could be a whole lot worse,..........looks like you got hit and they weren't going that fast.

OP
OP
Cloak

Cloak

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Could be a whole lot worse,..........looks like you got hit and they weren't going that fast.
Could be worse. But weā€™re 2 months in, Iā€™m still making payments, and repairs havenā€™t even started yet. Insurance just decided it needs a whole frame swap. Just a giant inconvenience

OP
OP
Cloak

Cloak

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What ended up being the outcome? Just checking on my fellow Nate.
Insurance came to the conclusion it needs a frame swap. Waiting for it to be taken to a shop to do so. And then Iā€™ll have to fight for diminish in value once repairs are done

OP
OP
Cloak

Cloak

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought Texas was a state that wonā€™t allow full frame swaps?
Iā€™ve been told several different things at this point. Iā€™m just letting them do what they have to do because this is taking way too long. Iā€™ve mad 4 payments so far and 2 of those are while itā€™s been in the shop
Sponsored