Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A frame can be ordered, but then I’d be a salvaged title. At that point it’s be cheaper for insurance to total it because the diminish in value is astronomical on a salvaged title.
I started out using the girls insurance who caused the accident. Their insurance was going to total it for this reason, but her insurance limits were high enough to pay me out so they told me to go through my insurance.
When my insurance did their investigation, they are leaning towards repairing it.
I talked to my shop today, and they are putting together a supplement list on top of USAA’s original estimate. The shop says a whole frame rail needs to be replaced. I’m not sure what that consists of. Maybe that’s enough for them to total it? If not, I want to know how much I need to fight for for the diminish in value.
USAA has always been really good for me. I’d go find one on the lot somewhere and put down a deposit to hold it, then tell USAA that you found your replacement and with a quote from the dealership. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cloak

Cloak

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That freaking blows. That d/s rear frame horn crumbled pretty good.

I always look in my mirrors when sitting at a red light. Just last month about a 1/2 mile from my home I was sitting at a red light in the center lane of 3. I look back and there is a delivery truck coming at me while his head is down looking at his phone. Wasn't slowing so I moved over to the slow lane, I beep the horn a couple of times but he ran right into the Mercedes that was in front of me and knocked it into the intersection. I was glad I had moved the Bronco over when I saw him. I stayed until the state trooper showed up to be a witness and I pulled off to help the old lady in the Mercedes.
I almost always do too. But this time I just turned out of a parking lot and was stopped at a stop light a few hundred feet down. The girl who hit me came from a stop sign a few hundred feet straight behind me. Honestly have to idea how she managed to not see me. It’s definitely a situation where this type of accident shouldn’t happen since I could have easily been seen from the stop sign I’m assuming she stopped at.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
USAA has always been really good for me. I’d go find one on the lot somewhere and put down a deposit to hold it, then tell USAA that you found your replacement and with a quote from the dealership. 🤷‍♂️
USAA is the best!!! Been with them for over 25yrs for all my financial and insurance needs. No one company can compete with USAA.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s the car that rear ended me… if you look close enough, you can see the imprint of my spare tire in her hood 🙂
Ford Bronco Rear Ended After 2 Payments 1679357035793
When I saw the first picture I thought, "Is that a BMW grill stuck under there?" This picture explains it all.

Sorry this happen to your Bronco. USAA is pretty good for Auto insurance so hopefully everything goes quick and smooth for you.

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think I've ever heard of diminished value reimbursement before. I really can't remember the last time I or my wife have been in an accident either. Must be something newish or something. How would a reduced value be determined and what source would they be using? NADA? Seems that would be a wide open door to walk through.

OP
OP
Cloak

Cloak

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think I've ever heard of diminished value reimbursement before. I really can't remember the last time I or my wife have been in an accident either. Must be something newish or something. How would a reduced value be determined and what source would they be using? NADA? Seems that would be a wide open door to walk through.
Exact questions I'm looking for answers to :LOL: I'm hoping there's an auto adjustor or something similar looking through the forum that can help me out

OP
OP
Cloak

Cloak

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is part of my struggle right now. When her insurance told me it was totaled, I went and found one that was in transit and put a deposit down. This was a week or so ago. Within the last few days, USAA told me they are looking into the repair route and I was just told today that the new Bronco was delivered.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exact questions I'm looking for answers to :LOL: I'm hoping there's a auto adjustor or something similar looking through the forum that can help me out
I can tell you when I had someone run into my Mustang a couple years ago I tried to tackle this on my own and ended up just getting ghosted by the other insurance company. Most sites that offer advice on the matter seem to be attorneys that want a slice of the pie.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A frame can be ordered, but then I’d be a salvaged title. At that point it’s be cheaper for insurance to total it because the diminish in value is astronomical on a salvaged title.
I started out using the girls insurance who caused the accident. Their insurance was going to total it for this reason, but her insurance limits were high enough to pay me out so they told me to go through my insurance.
When my insurance did their investigation, they are leaning towards repairing it.
I talked to my shop today, and they are putting together a supplement list on top of USAA’s original estimate. The shop says a whole frame rail needs to be replaced. I’m not sure what that consists of. Maybe that’s enough for them to total it? If not, I want to know how much I need to fight for for the diminish in value.
A frame replacement automatically makes a salvage title on your state?

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was thinking the same. I was always under the impression that a salvage title is just that, A salvaged vehicle after deemed totaled.

OP
OP
Cloak

Cloak

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes. Every frame has its own VIN. The reason it’s a salvaged title is because I’d have 2 separate VINs - 1 for the frame and 1 for the body.
At least this is what I was told by her insurance, Gieco

OP
OP
Cloak

Cloak

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've spent my night doing some research on frame repairs, specifically ford. I found a great video explaining the different frame pieces -

Within this video, it shows that there are multiple different sections of the rear frame (picture attached). After looking at USAAs original estimate, they somehow only noticed the damage on the crossmember, labeled "A". Clearly there's damage further back on the actual rails, which would the long rear frame section kit, labeled "B". I cant imagine the time and labor it would cost to replace this, which is half the frame, vs totaling it. Guess I'll wait and see.

Ford Bronco Rear Ended After 2 Payments Bronco Frame.PNG

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've always wondered about diminished value from an accident. I can't help but yeah if you go to sell your car they always ask if it has been in an accident. If you say yes, then the value goes way lower.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hope you get it sorted and don't have to wait too long. I'm dealing with getting my 10yr old Accord fixed after a guy backed into the passenger doors and rear quarter panel as I was driving through a parking lot. Typical Californian, he had no insurance but at least I got a photo of his drivers license (Class B CDL). I was blocking him from leaving the parking spot or he probably would have driven off. Dashcam didn't really catch anything. No plate on the car, he claimed it was a rental but sounds like BS. Claimed he would pay for it but turned into a ghost when I got some estimates. Just letting my insurance (AAA) deal with it now. Only good thing was he hit where my daughter had dented it a few years ago.

Need to get it fixed in the next few weeks as I was going to sell that car and put the money to the Bronco purchase at Granger in a couple of months. Was thinking of driving it all the way to Iowa for the trade-in but flying is easier. Thought maybe a no rust CA car would be worth a bit more in the rust states.
Sponsored