First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the insurance totals it, buy it back! Now you can build a trail rig without worrying about damaging it or sell it to someone who wants a trail rig.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bad young minor driver not paying attention. Hopefully his insurance skyrockets so he can't afford it anymore.

Too bad for you though, the Bronco will be totaled and you have to get in line again..................

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The driver is very lucky he didn't kill someone being that distracted.

How can you possibly miss seeing the Broncos rear end?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Bigpupbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
ROB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So sorry to hear. I hope your son was okay. The same exact situation happened to me in January. My frame was bent and all in all there was $22,000 in damages to the Bronco. They DID NOT total the vehicle. To make a long story short my vehicle was in the body shop until July waiting for parts! There was 1 frame available in the country in Detroit and I was lucky enough to get it. Unless things have drastically changed with parts logistics and manufacturing, you may be in for a long ride before you get your Bronco back on the road. If you go to sell it down the road look into "Diminished Value" claims. I was able to get $11,000 in extra value because these trucks are so hot on the market. I wish you well and hope Ford has gotten better with parts.

Rob

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think it is totalled. Someone over on the JL wranger forum had his whole frame replaced after a wreck, I think it was around $40K in total damages, but it was a loaded Rubicon that MSRP'd at $60-$70K and insurance didn't total it. Go after diminished value for sure, though.

FRM

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 22 Bronco Base , 19 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FORD does offer a rear clip repair frame section. About 5k. Sorry this happened. Glad everyone is ok.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sure glad everyone is OK.

These days it's a good policy to have the police pull the cell phone records on both drivers. Not only does it find out if there was a distracted driver, it also shows that you were not.

Unless I'm mistaken, the computers on many newer cars can be checked to see what is being done by the driver as well.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going $35K+ on this one unless the frame measures out with a diagonal or the cargo floor is bent. Judging by the quarters being buckled, the inner structures are likely bent and I don't think much if any of that is available outside of a complete cab. If the shop does the estimate and the repair plan is done by the factory repair standards, it's probably going to total. The two rear horns that are bent are available, the question is did the hit put a diagonal bend in the frame forward. If they don't put it on a laser frame measurement rack, find one that will. Too much at stake to f around, needs to be estimated and repaired right the first time.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My son was stopped at a red light today and you know the rest.

Frame is bent, soft top detached, rear door stuck shut, door gaps for the rear pax door are clearly off, and door gap at the front pax door also looks a bit off but that could just be regular Ford qc?

Not sure where this is going yet but there could be a 5600 mile 2022 loaded Outer Banks on Copart soon.

Anyone care to guess the cost of this one IF parts are available?

Ford Bronco Update: Totaled. Rear Ended Hard. Frame Bent Photos 3FCF790F-F63E-4F7E-AB6C-5FC411318563
Ford Bronco Update: Totaled. Rear Ended Hard. Frame Bent Photos 3FCF790F-F63E-4F7E-AB6C-5FC411318563
That just SUCKS .... hope your son didn't experience any whiplash .... but definitely get a lawyer involved in this one

EVERYTIME i hear/see similar stories i think about getting a dash cam especially for the rear .... so many choices on the market I just can't make my mind up

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure glad everyone is OK.

These days it's a good policy to have the police pull the cell phone records on both drivers. Not only does it find out if there was a distracted driver, it also shows that you were not.

Unless I'm mistaken, the computers on many newer cars can be checked to see what is being done by the driver as well.
I don't think the police get into that kind of detail unless there were major injuries or death. They cited the driver at fault and are done. ;)