First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been looking at what type of floodlights to put on the roof (facing backwards) so i can actually see what i am backing into when i am launching the duckboat, I have looked at Ridgid , but they have so many to choose from its like being in a candy store.
I have pods for the front, so going forward in the woods i am ok.

Does anybody have and suggestions, I have a rack on the top so I assume I need something that will not interfere with anything on the rack.

I am all ordered, 4dr OB/CO/Lux/tow/lthrroast/2.7/MIC/cargo protector/floor/cargo liner/roofrails/aux switches/adv4X4/pod/splshguards/ hood protector/blkpltdoorsill/hitchcover/body side moldings I am waiting for the official addons to come out but my dealer was able to understand the options i am going for.

All i need is to be able to comfortably order lights for the rear.

thanks
Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Baja designs S1's. (y)

ETA: whoops

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depending on what functionality you're looking for, I like ones that interface with the existing wiring harness and come on automatically with the reverse lights.

Some can be set up to also come on with an independent switch.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They may not be legal to use "on" road, and therefore you may not want them to come on with the reverse lights.

I imagine you will be moving at under 10 mph, so distance isn't a thing. You just need something bright enough to see 25 - 35 feet behind you. I'd choose a single Hella Valufit S1500. It's a little pricey at almost $40.00, but Hella makes very good quality lights.

ETA: https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-357106002-ValueFit-Square-Worklight/dp/B01D47ZPBY

Also, you could mount it to your boat trailer and have it wired to the reverse light.

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

strrap flashlights to the rear?

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They may not be legal to use "on" road, and therefore you may not want them to come on with the reverse lights.
How many times are you reversing "on" road? If you are, it's probably not legal anyway.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been looking at what type of floodlights to put on the roof (facing backwards) so i can actually see what i am backing into when i am launching the duckboat, I have looked at Ridgid , but they have so many to choose from its like being in a candy store.
I have pods for the front, so going forward in the woods i am ok.

Does anybody have and suggestions, I have a rack on the top so I assume I need something that will not interfere with anything on the rack.

I am all ordered, 4dr OB/CO/Lux/tow/lthrroast/2.7/MIC/cargo protector/floor/cargo liner/roofrails/aux switches/adv4X4/pod/splshguards/ hood protector/blkpltdoorsill/hitchcover/body side moldings I am waiting for the official addons to come out but my dealer was able to understand the options i am going for.

All i need is to be able to comfortably order lights for the rear.

thanks
Not sure how much light you need, but maybe look for a super low profile lightbar to put under the rear bumper?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many times are you reversing "on" road? If you are, it's probably not legal anyway.
You don't use reverse? I almost always back out of parking spaces, driveways. When I parallel park, it's almost always in reverse. Those are some of the times I use reverse "on" road.

Sponsored
OP
OP

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure how much light you need, but maybe look for a super low profile lightbar to put under the rear bumper?
im gonna stick with something on the roof, better safe than sorry. some of the places i have launched have been pitch black with a buddy guiding me in s l o w l y

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Depending on what functionality you're looking for, I like ones that interface with the existing wiring harness and come on automatically with the reverse lights.

Some can be set up to also come on with an independent switch.
Some states, not correcting @ZackDanger , have laws against reverse aimed lights on an independent and separate power source (speaking of the Northeast anyway). To be legal they must be tied into the reverse circuit. Wiring for that is a simple matter. With LED tech then a separate power circuit with relay is not necessary, just tap into the reverse lights.

For this application you might get best bang for the buck with a simple Grote style truck work light. Your aesthetic comes into play of course.

🤷
Sponsored