Sponsored

Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ???

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not gonna lie, between the roofs soft and hard problems, the loss of the engine in the sand, all the check engine lights and now this.. The Bronco is quickly becoming a floppy lemon.

I feel for all the early owners and hope Ford gets everything worked out by 22's
I am sure Ford will correct the "somebody hit my bronco from behind" problem in the next model year.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta hate parking lots… seems they are never really big enough for anything more than a Yugo.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some people's driving skills just seriously suck, they use the "bump" when they park method and then cause damage like that. I had a similiar hit with my '77, the idiot bent the tire bracket and etc. i ended up having to e replace it.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ??? 1629115243006
Next mod, just tap it into the parking sensor so if someone gets too close they get toasted, haha.

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Blame the wife, kids, dog, plead the 5th!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only thing to do is take it the body shop not sure if it’s just a new skin they can get or you need a whole new hatch door

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That truly sucks! How about update the title to this post as "somebody hit me".

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn’t know this until I looked it up, apparently the dash cam ability works on the Tesla only after you plug in a compatible USB.

Dashcam
How do I install my Dashcam properly?
Dashcam requires the use of a properly formatted USB flash drive to store and retrieve footage. Once a properly formatted USB flash drive has been inserted into one of your vehicle’s front USB ports, a Dashcam icon appears at the top of the touchscreen.

So it’s coded to work once the user provides the storage device and uses the surrounding cameras in a dash cam mode recording your drives. If Ford wanted that capability they could have added that to Sync since it doesn’t require some onboard internal storage.

*edit - Tesla Sentry is a whole other system that requires sensors and I’d imagine a bunch of coding so that’s not a simple addition
I'd be okay with that on the Bronco.. got plenty of 128gb USB sticks laying around... :)

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's my conspiracy theory: a Jeep owner did it intentionally as a "welcome to the club" for new Bronco owners.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That truly sucks! How about update the title to this post as "somebody hit me".
Allegedly. There's always the possibility that the driver backed into something 🤷‍♂️

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Note to self. Leave a hitch in the receiver to protect the tire from being bumped. Preferable a large one that leave a mark on whoever tags it.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Note to self. Leave a hitch in the receiver to protect the tire from being bumped. Preferable a large one that leave a mark on whoever tags it.
One of those hitch tube steps with and extender to get it past the tire.

JohnZi

Badlands
First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '21
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I picked up my Black diamond bronco on Saturday! Almost a week and I can't be more excited! I love it! That being said, I noticed this, the rear gate looks as if the metal is buckling...🤷🏻‍♂️ I don't know what it could be, nothing has hit it or it's not been hit by anything and you can tell that by these pictures, I'm wondering if just the outdoor elements are causing the metal to react in such a manner that it's buckling or stretching or shrinking I'm not sure, is this normal???

Update
Well it looks as though someone or something...😤 Has nailed my bronco in the back. Lower/ lower left of the spare tire. At the bottom where the spare tire hangs, apparently the two rubber stoppers or spacers are not suppose to be crushed like mine are.🤦🏻‍♂️ I didn't even look at that. We compared it to the demo and yup, someone hit the bronco. Please be careful in parking lots. We left it alone one time for a total of maybe an hour at the emptiest part of the lot and this happens.
What to do next...
Ford Bronco Rear gate issues - tailgate metal is buckling / dented / deformed ??? 1629115243006

So how has this whole story ended? Did they fix it under warranty or no luck? I am afraid I have an identical dent which I've just noticed. The only issue I had before was cracking metallic noise from the tailgate from the very beginning. Hmm not sure what can we do about it.
Sponsored