First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I couldn't find much on the subject with a search, so here we go.

Immediately after upgrading my OBX with 35" tires, my rear drivers side sensor will go off when I put the Bronco in reverse. This will happen regardless of where I'm located (garage, empty parking lot, etc). I suspect the spare is somehow causing this, but can't be certain. Any other ideas as to what may be causing this? I would go to dealer, but I don't want to wait a couple weeks if it's an easy fix.
Sponsored

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We had one of those after a new set of tires on the Bronco.
Checked it by a gauge and it was where we wanted it.
Thought about taking it in to see if it needed reset but after a long drive and setting over night it never showed up again. We have all tires set at 30 psi including the spare.

OP
OP
straycat

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We had one of those after a new set of tires on the Bronco.
Checked it by a gauge and it was where we wanted it.
Thought about taking it in to see if it needed reset but after a long drive and setting over night it never showed up again. We have all tires set at 30 psi including the spare.
Yeah, was hoping that it just needed to self-adjust, but has happened both times I've driven it since getting the new tires.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pop the spare off and see if it still does it. If so get the spare tire relocate kit to lift the tire up a few inches. Clean them well my superduty sensors were really sensitive even a thin film of anything would make it go off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
straycat

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pop the spare off and see if it still does it. If so get the spare tire relocate kit to lift the tire up a few inches.
Good idea, I'll give that a shot. Do you know which relocate kit will work with the Bronco?

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
straycat

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I couldn't find much on the subject with a search, so here we go.

Immediately after upgrading my OBX with 35" tires, my rear drivers side sensor will go off when I put the Bronco in reverse. This will happen regardless of where I'm located (garage, empty parking lot, etc). I suspect the spare is somehow causing this, but can't be certain. Any other ideas as to what may be causing this? I would go to dealer, but I don't want to wait a couple weeks if it's an easy fix.
That's curious... Can't see having the tires installed would have caused sensor issues. Were they touched or removed for some reason? Make sure sensor is seated properly in the socket. Check for a loose connection or maybe it will need to be recalibrated(?). I upgraded from 35" to 37" including the spare. No issues, good luck...

OP
OP
straycat

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's curious... Can't see having the tires installed would have caused sensor issues. Were they touched or removed for some reason? Make sure sensor is seated properly in the socket. Check for a loose connection or maybe it will need to be recalibrated(?). I upgraded from 35" to 37" including the spare. No issues, good luck...
None of the sensors were touched that I'm aware of, but it did start immediately after getting my 35's installed. I checked the connections to make sure nothing was loose, all good there. How do you get the sensors re-calibrated?

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

None of the sensors were touched that I'm aware of, but it did start immediately after getting my 35's installed. I checked the connections to make sure nothing was loose, all good there. How do you get the sensors re-calibrated?
That's a dealership thing. I'd go for it as a warranty service. There have been other posts of sensor issues. Tire install would not / should not affect anything.

Sponsored
OP
OP
straycat

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's a dealership thing. I'd go for it as a warranty service. There have been other posts of sensor issues. Tire install would not / should not affect anything.
Yeah, I'm going to remove the spare and see if I get the same alarms first. If that don't work, I'll set up a dealer appt for recalibration. Thanks for the advice!

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I'm going to remove the spare and see if I get the same alarms first. If that don't work, I'll set up a dealer appt for recalibration. Thanks for the advice!
No problem and good luck. My AMB brother from another... LOL

OP
OP
straycat

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took my spare tire off today, and the rear sensor did not go off at all. Put it back on and immediately received sensor alarms on drivers side. Problem solved. Ordered the RC relocation kit. Thanks all for the help/suggestions.
Sponsored